“Nice Hotel Convenient to GWU's Ashburn Campus” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Free Breakfast & WIFI
Ranked #10 of 15 hotels in Sterling
Fairhope, Alabama, USA
“Nice Hotel Convenient to GWU's Ashburn Campus”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

This was a very nice hotel which was comparable to the upgraded Courtyard properties. the room was very spacious, the hotel was clean, and fairly well maintained. The staff were very accommodating and you can get a sufficient meal there in the evening if traveling alone and not wanting to go out at night. You can also get a basic drink at the hotel as well.

This hotel is convenient to food and shopping, including the Sweetwater Tavern which is an outstanding restaurant. It is also very convenient to the GWU Ashburn Campus.

Room Tip: I have no special criteria for choosing a room. Hotel location does no create any issues with room...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Brittney S, Manager at Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Greetings!

Thanks so much for staying with us here at the Hyatt Place Sterling and for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We truly appreciate your business since there are many hotels to choose from in the Sterling area.

We are happy to hear you had a great stay with us and were able to enjoy items from our gallery menu as well as a beverage! We're looking forward to your next visit!

142 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Rochester, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Stayed here one night while on a layover and great location (close to many food options) would recommend having a rental car or other means of transportation if you stay here. Front desk was very caring and provided a personal touch to my stay. Hallways were pretty bland and made me feel like I was staying in communist Russia.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Hello!

Thanks so much for staying with us here at the Hyatt Place Sterling and for taking the time to share your experience with us. We truly appreciate your business since we know there are many hotels in the Sterling area.

We are happy to hear you had a great stay with us we're looking forward to your next visit!
McDonough, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

From check in to check out, my stay here was wonderful! Every staff member encountered was great, from housekeeping to the front desk to the MANAGER! Speaking of front desk, I had a special request on my first night (around 9pm) and they accommodated my request with no questions asked. As a matter of fact, one of the staff members actually helped me with my request. Breakfast was GREAT and the options were plenty! The room was perfect and the big flat panel tv was the icing on the cake! No microwave but it did have a fridge, which is what I needed more than the microwave. Close to shopping/mall.

This is a must-stay if you are in the area!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Hello Georgia!

Thank you so much for staying with us here at Hyatt Place Sterling! We are so happy to hear that you stay was so great as we know there are many other hotels to choose from in the area.

Our staff always strives to meet any special requests and we are happy to hear you were able to connect with so many of our team members.

We are looking forward to your next stay with us and hope to see you soon!
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I booked through Hotwire and was very unhappy to learn that the shuttle stops running at 11pm AND it is very far from the airport. The taxi driver and I passed at least a dozen hotels on the way to this one. Without any traffic it took 20 minutes to get there. And cost me $23! I would have paid the same amount if I'd booked directly with a hotel AND I would have been certain the shuttle was running. Huge. Hassle. But Hotwire's fault - not the hotel's.

But. The hotel is very nice! The night manager was very polite and checked me in quickly. The room is a two room huge suite - attractive and clean. The manager clued me into some delicious breakfast offerings in the morning (I got a tasty egg bagel sandwich to go). There was a nice selection of fruit and hot tea, too. He also asked the shuttle to take me to the airport at 6:30am while they normally run the shuttle every hour.

If you're driving or you're getting into the airport before 11pm I definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Remember the airport shuttle stops at 11pm.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Greetings!

Thank you for staying with us here at Hyatt Place Sterling and for sharing your experience!

We are happy to hear that you were able to check in so quickly and that you enjoyed your stay! Also, it's great to hear you were able to take the shuttle to the airport the next morning while enjoying on our breakfast sandwiches!

We hope to see you again soon!
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

This hotel was designed with the customer in mind. The layout of the room is perfect. It has a sitting area with a large desk, empty fridge and a granite countertop with small sink and coffee maker. The tub/toilet is a separate room from the dressing area so if one is showering, another may use the sink and counter area without a fogged mirror. Also storage drawers are located below the dressing room counter for easy access. Really convenient. Towels are large and fluffy, the bed is comfortable and a large screen TV swivels between sleeping and lounging area. The water from the dressing area sink spigot comes out warm. I thought that was really a nice touch.
Breakfast is included and egg entrees are changed daily for variety. Bagels, sweet rolls, cereal, oatmeal and fresh cut fruit is also included.
Something unique is a bar area where you may order flatbread or sandwiches and a nice glass of wine in the evening if you just do not feel like going out. Salads are also available and a nice array of desserts are on display as well. Warm cookies too!
However, if you need to rely on the hotel shuttle to/from airport as we did, it is a fair distance and the hotel provides only hourly service. Shopping and restaurants are not within walking distance so a car is really important.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Brittney S, Manager at Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Good evening Sandra,

Thank you so much for staying with us here at Hyatt Place Sterling and for taking the time to share your experience while you were here! We truly appreciate it since we know there are so many hotels to choose from in the area.

I don't think you could have described our rooms more perfectly and you touched on all of my favorite things as well! Especially having an area to get ready for the day away from the shower and steamy mirror.

Hopefully you were able to try a few of the many different options we have to offer off of our 24/7 gallery menu during your stay. We are looking forward to your next visit with us so we can recommend a few of our favorites.

Hope to see you soon!
Dayville, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed here last month for a softball tournament. Hotel accommodations were topnotch as I have come to expect from this chain. Rooms were large and comfortable, with the living area being adequate for a group of girls to watch movies.

While there during the week, we received a discounted rate because of the tournament. We needed to extend our stay by an additional day, and found online that the rate for the additional day was lower than the weekday rate. When I stopped at the desk to extend, the clerk offered me my current rate. When I mentioned that the online rate was lower, the response was "go book it online then". This is something that I have not experienced with Hyatt previously. I am currently a Platinum Club member with Hyatt, and was quite surprised that this was their attitude.

Other than that, I would recommend this property.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Good afternoon Jeff,

Thank you for staying with us here at Hyatt Place Sterling! We truly appreciate your loyatly to Hyatt as we know there are many properties to choose from in the area.

I completely agree with you on the room size when it comes to a bunch of girls wanting to spend time together watching movies. Our large sofas are great for making sure there is a seat for everyone!

Next time you are in town and need to extend your reservation outside of the block dates, please let myself or any manager on duty know and we will be more than happy to take care of that for you.

We are looking forward to your next trip to Hyatt Place Sterling!
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stay here everytime I come to the area and I'm never let down. The staff is great and very helpful. The amenities are abundant and make you feel right at home. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable which include a refrigerator and extra couch living area.

Room Tip: You'll always get a good room
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Hello Danny,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share one of your many experiences here with us at Hyatt Place Sterling!

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay once again, and are a fan of our spacious rooms. That is one of my favorite aspects of Hyatt Place's.

Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Been to Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North? Share your experiences!