“what a weird room” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Sterling
New jersey
“what a weird room”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

The room looked great on line, but it is very deceiving. Bathroom is the size of a closet. Difficult to close door when standing inside. The window type air conditioner never cooled the room, despite setting it at the coolest level. There is no bureau to put clothes in, just cubby holes, and the closet is the smallest I have ever seen. No vending machines on any floor. No choices for low carb breakfast. There are so many good hotels around here, don't choose this place. Try the Homewood Suites in Herndon, where I have stayed several times. Closer to the airport and large rooms with more amenities. Was booked at HYATT for 2 nights but moved back to the Homewood for the second night.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Brittney S, Manager at Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for staying with us here at Hyatt Place Sterling as well as providing us with your feedback. We strive to not only meet every guest’s expectations but exceed them as we want your stay to be as comfortable as possible.

Our Hyatt Place hotels were designed for business travelers who are in town for a couple of nights out of the week and want to stay at a comfortable/quality hotel while on the road. I’m not sure if you were able to try our low carb breakfast options such as our Sunrise Croissant Sandwich, which has eggs, spinach, Muenster cheese, and mushrooms on an open faced croissant.

The reason there are no vending machines on each floor is to avoid the noise they cause, but we do provide sodas, water, candy, chips etc. at our Grab n’ Go in our Lobby 24 hours a day.

Hyatt Place is a growing brand and we hope you give us another try in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
naples florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

my wife and I stayed here for a week in April, flying up from FL for a friends Wedding. but stayed a week to do some sight seeing.

when booking tell them your flight detail and u can get picked up by the Hotel Bus for free (Tip the Driver).

Check in was nice and easy and we where greeted with a nice smile, the Room was very clean and well laid out, with a nice big TV and the bed was also very large and comfy.

This Hotel is geared mainly for people in and out for a day or so on Bushiness. there is a small bar with beer and wine only and a few snacks.

Breakfast is a self service affair in a kitchen setup. which was very good as its included in the price, the only down fall here was its the same every morning. that being said it was always hot with plenty of coffee.

the room was cleaned every day, the only down on the rooms was a lack of safe deposit box in the room.

The hotel is about 45 mins from DC we rented a Van from a local Hertz's car rental and it was much cheaper that the Airport rate, and the Hotel Bus will give you a ride to pick it up and return it. from here we traveled to DC 3 times and did all the normal sight seeing things as well as a day trip to Gettysburg which was one and half hours away but a good day out.

Close by is a strip mall with a few places to eat and drink, and of course the hotel bus will take you and pick you up within a 5 mile raids.

Over all a great place to stay and if i was in this area again I know where I'm staying.

Room Tip: Higher the Floor the Better, Tip the Bus Driver and he will look after you
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us here at Hyatt Place Sterling! As there are many hotels in the Sterling area, we truly appreciate your business as well as your feedback. I am so glad you enjoyed the ammenities we have to offer and got to see some of our local attractions. We all look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Virginia!
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I'm not a hotel snob. I say this to clarify for those of you reading this that my review is not based on some grandiose notions I developed in my ivory tower. I am a regular person with a regular job, regular kids and husband. Now, back to the review-upon check in the gentleman did everything right except give me the correct wifi access code. When I went back the other guy told me one letter was off and he saw the first guy write it out and knew it was wrong but never said anything! So clearly the staff is not a team! On the positive side I had wanted some juice but for some reason they only had apple. I drink any and all kinds of juice except apple so the gentleman took my husband to a nearby 7-Eleven so he could get another type. At least they were helpful and knew we weren't from the area so he took him himself.
The room-I booked a king bed which was fine. It was generally well kept but there was a small stain on the couch but I won't go into that since I never sat on the couch it was a non-issue for me. The refrigerator was the noisiest one I think I've ever had while traveling. It's a mixture of hum and vibration at first you can't get to stop until I realized you can't put anything on the top shelf. The odd thing about the room-and I've never had a room like this- is that there was no drawers in the room. There was only a closet and no drawers! I don't know about you but I don't normally hang up my bra, panties and socks so it was very odd to me. The bedside tables are tiny so that wasn't an option. I didn't want to keep them next to the sink with the coffee pot so I ended up keeping them in my suitcase and took them out as needed.
Finally, the Internet service was spotty in terms of speed-I didn't check the connection speeds so I can't give you exact numbers but let's just say there were moments when the thought of "dial-up" entered my head.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Brittney S, Manager at Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Alisa,

Thank you for staying with us here at the Hyatt Place Sterling and taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Our goal here at Hyatt Place is to not only meet the needs of every guest, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

Alisa, as a platinum member we truly value your loyalty and your feedback is very valuable for us. Rest assured that your concerns about the refrigerator and the internet speed has been shared with our management team.

We hope to have the opportunity to change your opinion of us in the near future. If you are ever in town again please contact me and I will be sure to make sure your stay is much more pleasurable.

Warmly,

Brittney
Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Stayed here for a weekend in a double room. Room was clean, staff very friendly, price was reasonable, lobby was beautiful! Looked like a nice breakfast selection, although I didn't have it due to Ramadan fasting.

Around 20 minutes drive from DC.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Brittney S, Manager at Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us Sara! We truly appreciate you sharing such kind words about your experience at Hyatt Place Sterling. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future so you can try our delicious hot breakfast!
florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This place was clean, the beds were comfy, the price was reasonable. The mall, cheesecake factory, and airport are in close proximity. The shuttle service to the airport, mall, food was awesome. However, in order to get to DC, the shuttle drops you at the airport. Then, you catch the city bus.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Carlington B, Manager at Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us. We truly appreciate your business as we know there are many hotel choices in the Sterling, VA area. Hopefully you will come back and stay with us once the metro station is complete at Dulles, which will take you directly into D.C.!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I stayed at this property when I visited my new client in the area. Very clean hotel, much better breakfast buffet (it includes hot sandwiches too) than many other hotels. Breakfast was included in room charges .... winning point for me. Or else I usually had to spend $10-$12 if staying at other hotels.
Best part was the top notch service I experienced. People seemed to genuinely care ..... Not being robotic.
I highly recommend this hotel to any business traveller.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Brittney S, Manager at Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us. We truly appreciate your business as we know there are many hotel choices in the Sterling, VA area. We hope to see you again in the near future!
Baltimore, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I've stayed here on two separate occasions and have found it always to be a delightful stay. The lobby area is upscale and the check-in is very quick and smooth.

The rooms are updated and very comfortable with all of the basic amenities, including a mini-fridge, in the room. A large, flat-screen TV is situated in the center of the room, so it is viewable from all angles in the room. A separate seating area offers plenty of room to relax with a sofabed included. The bed and pillows are comfortable, as is the heating system. The only item missing from the room is a microwave, in case one needs to warm some food.

The highlight of this hotel stay is the breakfast. This is not your normal hotel breakfast. They have fresh fruit, doughnuts, cereal, toast, yogurt, and many different types of juices. I, thoroughly, enjoy the breakfast, in the morning.

Finally, the staff is accommodating and very friendly. So, if you can find a decent price, this hotel will be a pleasure to stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for staying with us. We truly appreciate your business as we know there are many hotel choices in the Sterling, VA area. Hopefully you will come back and stay with us sometime in the near future!

Been to Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North? Share your experiences!