“I was a little disappointed...” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Gas Card Package
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Sterling
New York City, New York
“I was a little disappointed...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I'm not a hotel snob. I say this to clarify for those of you reading this that my review is not based on some grandiose notions I developed in my ivory tower. I am a regular person with a regular job, regular kids and husband. Now, back to the review-upon check in the gentleman did everything right except give me the correct wifi access code. When I went back the other guy told me one letter was off and he saw the first guy write it out and knew it was wrong but never said anything! So clearly the staff is not a team! On the positive side I had wanted some juice but for some reason they only had apple. I drink any and all kinds of juice except apple so the gentleman took my husband to a nearby 7-Eleven so he could get another type. At least they were helpful and knew we weren't from the area so he took him himself.
The room-I booked a king bed which was fine. It was generally well kept but there was a small stain on the couch but I won't go into that since I never sat on the couch it was a non-issue for me. The refrigerator was the noisiest one I think I've ever had while traveling. It's a mixture of hum and vibration at first you can't get to stop until I realized you can't put anything on the top shelf. The odd thing about the room-and I've never had a room like this- is that there was no drawers in the room. There was only a closet and no drawers! I don't know about you but I don't normally hang up my bra, panties and socks so it was very odd to me. The bedside tables are tiny so that wasn't an option. I didn't want to keep them next to the sink with the coffee pot so I ended up keeping them in my suitcase and took them out as needed.
Finally, the Internet service was spotty in terms of speed-I didn't check the connection speeds so I can't give you exact numbers but let's just say there were moments when the thought of "dial-up" entered my head.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Brittney S, Manager at Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Alisa,

Thank you for staying with us here at the Hyatt Place Sterling and taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Our goal here at Hyatt Place is to not only meet the needs of every guest, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

Alisa, as a platinum member we truly value your loyalty and your feedback is very valuable for us. Rest assured that your concerns about the refrigerator and the internet speed has been shared with our management team.

We hope to have the opportunity to change your opinion of us in the near future. If you are ever in town again please contact me and I will be sure to make sure your stay is much more pleasurable.

Warmly,

Brittney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Stayed here for a weekend in a double room. Room was clean, staff very friendly, price was reasonable, lobby was beautiful! Looked like a nice breakfast selection, although I didn't have it due to Ramadan fasting.

Around 20 minutes drive from DC.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Brittney S, Manager at Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us Sara! We truly appreciate you sharing such kind words about your experience at Hyatt Place Sterling. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future so you can try our delicious hot breakfast!
florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This place was clean, the beds were comfy, the price was reasonable. The mall, cheesecake factory, and airport are in close proximity. The shuttle service to the airport, mall, food was awesome. However, in order to get to DC, the shuttle drops you at the airport. Then, you catch the city bus.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Carlington B, Manager at Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us. We truly appreciate your business as we know there are many hotel choices in the Sterling, VA area. Hopefully you will come back and stay with us once the metro station is complete at Dulles, which will take you directly into D.C.!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I stayed at this property when I visited my new client in the area. Very clean hotel, much better breakfast buffet (it includes hot sandwiches too) than many other hotels. Breakfast was included in room charges .... winning point for me. Or else I usually had to spend $10-$12 if staying at other hotels.
Best part was the top notch service I experienced. People seemed to genuinely care ..... Not being robotic.
I highly recommend this hotel to any business traveller.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Brittney S, Manager at Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us. We truly appreciate your business as we know there are many hotel choices in the Sterling, VA area. We hope to see you again in the near future!
Baltimore, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I've stayed here on two separate occasions and have found it always to be a delightful stay. The lobby area is upscale and the check-in is very quick and smooth.

The rooms are updated and very comfortable with all of the basic amenities, including a mini-fridge, in the room. A large, flat-screen TV is situated in the center of the room, so it is viewable from all angles in the room. A separate seating area offers plenty of room to relax with a sofabed included. The bed and pillows are comfortable, as is the heating system. The only item missing from the room is a microwave, in case one needs to warm some food.

The highlight of this hotel stay is the breakfast. This is not your normal hotel breakfast. They have fresh fruit, doughnuts, cereal, toast, yogurt, and many different types of juices. I, thoroughly, enjoy the breakfast, in the morning.

Finally, the staff is accommodating and very friendly. So, if you can find a decent price, this hotel will be a pleasure to stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for staying with us. We truly appreciate your business as we know there are many hotel choices in the Sterling, VA area. Hopefully you will come back and stay with us sometime in the near future!
Anseong, South Korea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for an 1-night stay for traveling washington DC. It took about 40 min from the hotel to the nataional mall in DC. The hotel was cleasn and the room was large enough for 5 of us, 2 adults and 3 children.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Williamsburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

What a surprise this little gem was. Very tastefully decorated. The check in counter is a very efficient registration/bar/cafe, all utilizing the same personnel, and offering round the clock fresh snacks and bakery goodies. Our room/suite was spacious and very comfortable with the largest flat screen television I have ever seen in a hotel room. Breakfast was okay, perhaps a cut above most complimentary hotel meals with hot breakfast sandwiches and the usual continental fare. And, the AC unit was noisy. But, the rate was so reasonable, these barely register as complaints.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North? Share your experiences!