“Nice Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Fairfax, Virginia
“Nice Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located and very welcoming. The lobby is very nice. The room was clean and when we had a problem with the A/C they resolved the problem quickly. The front desk staff is excellent.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

195 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Villa Park, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Staff was nice and friendly, very accommodating with my needs. Hotel shuttle was a HUGE bonus to the Dulles airport. I was picked up at 6 AM and taken back at 4:30 AM. Incredible that with those awful times Hampton still made sure I got there free of charge on their shuttle. Breakfast was fantastic, way better than I expected. Gym was nice too, had free weights up to 50 lbs and free internet, both unexpected and very great add-ons. Price was awesome too. Well, I literally can't think of anything wrong with the place. 5 stars all around.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HolidayInnDulles, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Paul B,

My staff was thrilled to hear about your stay with us! Our goal here at Hampton is to ensure that every guest has a stay similar to yours. We have been trying different menus in regards to breakfast and am so happy to hear it was a success. We certainly look forward to seeing you in the future.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on business training and overall the staff was friendly; not overly friendly as some hotels I've stayed at, but they were willing to assist and help when asked. The breakfast was super and again the staff was helpful and made sure things were well stocked. Many options from the hot food down to your basic cold items were available in a spacious and clean eating area. The room was comfortable and with complementary Internet allowed me to keep in touch with work and home. I had no issues with the wired or wireless network while I stayed. The room had a small fridge and microwave for those looking for a quick eat in the room. The bathroom was spacious and clean along with all the normal items one would expect during your stay. The location is close (walking distance) to many major stores such as Staples, Giant grocery store, etc. A small pond is near the hotel and a few places to eat out if you are looking for a few places to get out of the room. I did not use any of the facilities (pool, fitness, etc.) while at this location, but they looked clean and maintained. I would recommend staying in the hotel if in the area.

so, With all that, what are the flaws? A few small things that may drive some people crazy. The room I was in was a bit warmer than I would like while sleeping, yet the built-in window AC unit if turned below 73 degrees would freeze up and make noise while also dripping water on the carpet. Could be just this room, or the higher humidity in the area during my stay. The second seems like a small things, yet I do not think other hotels I have stayed at had this one issue as much as I have noticed here. Public areas and the conference rooms had places where the nooks and crannies had dust, spider webs, or dead bugs. A simple feather dusting of these areas would go a long way in making things seem much cleaner. The conference room table I was at had a coffee ring with sticky dried coffee still on it where one would place books or papers. Again, a simple wipe of the tables by the staff would provide a more professional image overall. Simple things that I think would make the hotel a much more people friendly location. Small things, but as I had said earlier, I have never noticed this in other places I have stayed so it seemed to stick out.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HamptonDullesCascade, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Quellaman,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I was pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay. I have personally addressed your concerns with my team and we have implemented corrective measure, to ensure not only our guest rooms but our public space as well as meeting space meets our guests’ expectations. We strive to provide excellent customer service as well as a well maintained, clean product. Thank you for providing an opportunity to improve.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was clean and updated. Im a stickler for clean, hairless towels and I found nothing. They were also very soft! The staff was very friendly and attentive. This hotel is in a great location surrounded by shopping and restaurants. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
HamptonDullesCascade, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Tenise J,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience in regards to your recent stay with us. My Executive Housekeeper actually opened the hotel in 2000 and takes great pride in the condition and cleanliness of her guest rooms. I have shared your experience with the hotel staff and they are extremely satisfied they were able to provide you with the Hampton experience.

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Great location, with everything you need close by.The staff would really go out of their way to ensure that your needs are taken care of. The complementary breakfast could improve a bit, especially for a family. Otherwise everything was great.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Wilmington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I attended a certification class during the week. Great fitness center to unwind, nice weather to run in the neighborhood nearby. Room was quiet and solid sleep. Nice breakfast option in the morning. The staff was really helpful for food options, and I saw that they offered rides in the hotel van to/from restaurants for other guests. I passed that certification that Saturday!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We had a mixup on our flights into Dulles, and the front desk staff graciously went out of their way to help get my daughter to the hotel and checked in while I was still travelling there. The room was very comfortable and quiet, with everything we needed. Since I arrived very late, it was nice to purchase a light snack and beverage in the lobby. The breakfast was just what you would expect, waffles, breads, fruit, cereal, yogurt and mediocre food in a warming table. Nice selection of coffee and other beverages. Good selection of restaurants and shops within easy walking distance.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
HamptonDullesCascade, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Ellemom,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We strive to provide excellent customer service and feedback such as this is truly appreciated. I have shared your comments with my staff and as always they were delighted to hear that they made a difference on a very challenging day. We hope to see you again in the future!

Rebecca Leo

Been to Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades? Share your experiences!