“Best Hotel in the Sterling Suburbs” 3 of 5 stars

Book now and save 15%
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Sterling
GreenLeadersGold level
Los Gatos, California
“Best Hotel in the Sterling Suburbs”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I've lost count of the number of times I've stayed at this Hampton. It appears to be popular with high school sports teams, business people, and airline personnel. I stay here because of its proximity to my in-laws. It provides a respite from the intensity of the visits. Rooms are always clean and comfortable. Roller shades and drapes provide good light control. Rooms away from the elevator are the most quiet, but nothing much can be done to make the in-room heating and air conditioning quieter. NIghts consists of quiet periods punctuated by the sudden roar of a fan, as is quite typical for hotels in this class.

The Hampton offers a complimentary commercially prepared breakfast buffet. Variety makes up for what the food lacks in flavor. I recommend the make-your-own-waffle station. You can make the waffles even better by supplying your own real maple syrup.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
HamptonDullesCascade, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear DigitalRabbit,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay with us. We truly appreciate your loyalty!
We are always looking to enhance the experience of our guests. Please do not hesitate to conduct me with any suggestions.
We hope to see you soon.

Rebecca Leo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

The staff is excellent and accessible. Very friendly and professional. The shuttle van drivers showed up on time and were willing to give information about the area. The breakfast staff went above and beyond with requests. Highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Norfolk, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I stayed here with my husband and 2-1/2 year old for a family wedding. The rooms were spacious and very clean. The continental breakfast was actually quite good! There was always a variety of hot coffee in the lobby which included mild, robust, decaf, and even hot chocolate! There is an indoor pool which was great for children. Inside the room- there was a microwave and decent sized refrigerator.

The location was quite convenient since a lot of the guests that were in town for the wedding didn't have their own cars. You could walk to many restaurants as well as shopping.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

This was our second or third stop at this Hampton Inn. All experiences have been great, and the weekend price was great--$89 plus tax included internet and parking. They make you feel welcome with a pet (uncommon), and are on the edge of a nice outdoor mall with many restaurant choices within walking distance. We stop here enroute, but once lived in nearby areas, so appreciate the reasonable commute to Reston, Mannasas, and Washington, D.C. We've had good experiences with several Hampton Inns that permit pets in Virginia. This is a fairly new property.

Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Their shuttle service to/from the airport is horrible. When you land at the airport and call them to be picked up, they will tell you it will be there in 15 minutes. It won't. It will be there in 30-40 minutes. After you've waited 20 minutes, you'll call them to ask about the driver's whereabouts, and they'll give you a scripted, "He's 2-3 minutes away." More lies. When I checked out, the van driver left without me, so they found another driver 10 minutes later who got lost on the way to the airport, which made me even later. I've stayed here about 30 nights in the last 6 months only because the company I work for has chosen this hotel. I've stalled on putting up a review time and time again, but since I haven't had anything other than the experience I described the last 5 times I've stayed here, I had to write the review to let others know. Also, make sure they don't shove you in a handicap room if you're not handicap. Just trust me on this one. The manager told me he was fully booked that night when I checked in at 5pm. He put me in a handicap room with loud noises in it. He said it was all he had, but after I said I can't sleep in the room with all the noise, he found a non-handicap room. I thought all he had was the bad handicap room? It's hard to get anyone behind the desk to tell you the truth on anything.

Room Tip: Just make sure you're not in a handicap room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HamptonDullesCascade, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Blucas1234,

I sincerely apologize for the unsatisfactory level of customer service you have received while staying with us at the Hampton Inn Cascades.

We do offer a complimentary 24 hour shuttle for our airline crew members. We leave promptly at the top and bottom of every hour and do our best not to exceed the 30 roundtrip window. Unfortunately, at times circumstances such as traffic and weather do cause slight delays. We are 9 miles from the airport and traffic in the metropolitan area can be quite challenging.
I have addressed my team to ensure they are quoting accurate wait times. I encourage them to be in constant contact with my drivers, safety permitting.
I see from your review you have been staying with us during our busiest season of the year. I do apologize that you were dissatisfied with the handicap room provided upon your recent check-in. However, we have a substantial amount of this room type in order to comply with the State of Virginia's ADA requirements. I have spoken with my evening supervisor to ensure he is making guests aware of the their room types upon check-in to avoid a similiar situation in the future.

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with me. We are constantly striving to exceed our guests' expectations and feedback such as this gives us insight and areas we need to improve.

Rebecca Leo
Chicago, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

The hotel was great. We had some problems with room locations and correct rooms, but they were taken care of within the first few days we were there. Being pet friendly was fabulous. Our dog loved it there. The staff was so friendly and helpful in everyway. We would stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed at the hotel on the recommendation from a friend and loved everything about it. OK so it's a bit out of the way but the room was huge, really clean, the breakfast plentiful with great variety, the room even had a microwave and fridge which if staying with kids is great. The staff were all extremely friendly and I never felt like I was bothering them. Loved it so much I stayed at another Hampton Inn a few days later and am looking for one near Vaughn, Ontario for my holiday in July.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades? Share your experiences!