“This hotel cuts corners on quality.” 2 of 5 stars

Book now and save 15%
Ranked #4 of 15 hotels in Sterling
GreenLeadersGold level
Indianapolis, Indiana
“This hotel cuts corners on quality.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Their shuttle service to/from the airport is horrible. When you land at the airport and call them to be picked up, they will tell you it will be there in 15 minutes. It won't. It will be there in 30-40 minutes. After you've waited 20 minutes, you'll call them to ask about the driver's whereabouts, and they'll give you a scripted, "He's 2-3 minutes away." More lies. When I checked out, the van driver left without me, so they found another driver 10 minutes later who got lost on the way to the airport, which made me even later. I've stayed here about 30 nights in the last 6 months only because the company I work for has chosen this hotel. I've stalled on putting up a review time and time again, but since I haven't had anything other than the experience I described the last 5 times I've stayed here, I had to write the review to let others know. Also, make sure they don't shove you in a handicap room if you're not handicap. Just trust me on this one. The manager told me he was fully booked that night when I checked in at 5pm. He put me in a handicap room with loud noises in it. He said it was all he had, but after I said I can't sleep in the room with all the noise, he found a non-handicap room. I thought all he had was the bad handicap room? It's hard to get anyone behind the desk to tell you the truth on anything.

Room Tip: Just make sure you're not in a handicap room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HamptonDullesCascade, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Blucas1234,

I sincerely apologize for the unsatisfactory level of customer service you have received while staying with us at the Hampton Inn Cascades.

We do offer a complimentary 24 hour shuttle for our airline crew members. We leave promptly at the top and bottom of every hour and do our best not to exceed the 30 roundtrip window. Unfortunately, at times circumstances such as traffic and weather do cause slight delays. We are 9 miles from the airport and traffic in the metropolitan area can be quite challenging.
I have addressed my team to ensure they are quoting accurate wait times. I encourage them to be in constant contact with my drivers, safety permitting.
I see from your review you have been staying with us during our busiest season of the year. I do apologize that you were dissatisfied with the handicap room provided upon your recent check-in. However, we have a substantial amount of this room type in order to comply with the State of Virginia's ADA requirements. I have spoken with my evening supervisor to ensure he is making guests aware of the their room types upon check-in to avoid a similiar situation in the future.

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with me. We are constantly striving to exceed our guests' expectations and feedback such as this gives us insight and areas we need to improve.

Rebecca Leo

199 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Chicago, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

The hotel was great. We had some problems with room locations and correct rooms, but they were taken care of within the first few days we were there. Being pet friendly was fabulous. Our dog loved it there. The staff was so friendly and helpful in everyway. We would stay there again.

ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed at the hotel on the recommendation from a friend and loved everything about it. OK so it's a bit out of the way but the room was huge, really clean, the breakfast plentiful with great variety, the room even had a microwave and fridge which if staying with kids is great. The staff were all extremely friendly and I never felt like I was bothering them. Loved it so much I stayed at another Hampton Inn a few days later and am looking for one near Vaughn, Ontario for my holiday in July.

DeLand, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We reserved a King room. No mention of a room-type change was made upon check-in. When we arrived in our room to find 2 double beds instead of a King, we immediately called the Front Desk. We were told that the hotel was full and there were no King rooms available. We had reserved this type of room several weeks before. There was no follow-up phone call from Management or the Front Desk, and no offer of compensation for the change in room types.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Dulles, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Hampton Inn is a great value for staying in this area. The accomodations are excellent and the staff is very good. Great complimentary breakfast and the room was perfect. Super value for the bucks. My GPS took me the back of the Home Depot but keep going and you will reach this destination. Plenty of parking and lots of shopping and eating nearby.

Suffolk, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My sister and I meet at this hotel a few times a year and this hotel is wonderful! The staff is more than accommodating always exceeding our expectations. The pool is great for the little ones and the free breakfast is great for all of us! We also love the things to do in the area. Great ride through animal farm with this awesome little place to feed the birds. Wish I could remember the name of it to suggest it! Can't beat the little shops and restaurants right near it too!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Laurel, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

There was a great staff, and it was a very clean hotel. However, you should avoid the top floor... It stays way too hot! My A/C could not keep up, and I ended up sleeping in a pool of sweat. :/ There is free parking and the hotel shuttle will take you to local shops and the airport. Though, there are plenty of good places to eat within walking distance.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades? Share your experiences!