“Good shopping location, safe and comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Sterling
GreenLeadersGold level
“Good shopping location, safe and comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

This hotel is located in the middle of a shopping complex spread out in different sections and new housing developments. It is great for those who don't mind shopping (abd restaurants) but not good for those those looking for a little bit of history while in dc.

The room and bed were very comfortable. The size is ok but something unique that called my attention was the four closet. I was looking for the closet but saw mi obvious door at the beginning until I started pulling forward one dude if the standing mirror. I thought it was very cool and nice space to have that in the room. Also the extra plug on the night stabd looked different than the rest (the ones on the wall).
The room speedy had a microwave snd complimentary use if Internet and computes in the lobby.

The lobby had nice leather couches and regular seating with tables for breakfast on the morning.

The staff was very friendly and it was nice to have complimentary breakfast. Nice feature Hampton inns always have.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Spokane, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Well I accidently ended up here because the Hampton Inn Dulles International Airport Hotel cancelled my reservation, because I was an airline employee and i was requesting a stay for an entire month they informed me once i arrived that they could not accomadate me at my crew rate and tried to charge us at full rate. So one my fellow flight attendant who had arrived here a day prior to me was staying here and informed me that not only was this place nicer but they were cheaper. And they were more than happy to accomadate the four of us at our crew rate. We got a handicap room and it was a lot more spacious. The staff are wonderful and the vibe this hotel gives off is warm and appealing. I love the fact that they even have a guest laundry room, indoor pool, 24hr fitness center, a pretty good business center with a laserjet printer. Today is currently day 3 for us and we are loving it. We also love the fact that it is so convienietly located near a shopping plaza that has a barber shop, coin-op laundry, grocery store, Mcdonalds, a great sports bar, and many more. Plus they offer to drive you around anywhere within a 5 mile radius per request. Plus we get to meet so many Crew's from different airlines and get to know them. So i would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great place with a reasonable price and great service.

Room Tip: If you looking for a scenic view request a higher up floor. We got the one that overlooks the basket...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

The staff was accommodating and the rooms were clean. I had a 1 night brief stay. The mini-fridge was a great feature, and the beds were soft and easy to sleep on. Large breakfast buffet in the morning - the waffles were great, and the hot bar also featured cheesy omelets. If in the area, I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

My experience is somewhat rare, I'll admit. We had a 1-night stay and paid for an upgraded whirlpool king room. Of course it had to happen, but the whirlpool sounded like a train so we couldn't use! I could go into details but the important thing thing is that, in the end, the hotel did nothing for us. No corrective action, no apology, or what could have been the easiest, no crediting back the upgrade cost. As a status HHonors member I reached back through corporate, who attempted to relay to the GM that we had a problem with our stay, but apparently management ignored that message.

But, more general:

Pros: a very clean feeling to the room and property, and excepting the above, staff was quite accommodating
Cons: the shower dimension was actually 32 by 32 inches (I 'measured' using their two inch tile) and breakfast was par to slightly less than par for Hampton Inn level.

It's an inexpensive hotel and respectably clean. For many that is enough. For our experience though, I'll never go back.

Room Tip: Stay away from whirlpool upgrade.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HamptonDullesCascade, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Hello GrizzTravel,

I sincerely thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us in early February. I was very disappointed after reading your review as these comments are not typical of the Hampton Cascades.

Through recent feedback, I have identified a need to reinforce training with my front desk team. I have adjusted my schedule so that I am present at the desk during our busiest times to ensure the delivery of consistent quality service.

I am confident that the experience you encountered will not re-occur in the future. If you have any further concerns or are interested in coming back to the area please do not hesitate to contact me.

Rebecca Leo General Manager
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

The staff are extremely rude. Even when you call they give you a very cold response.

I have stayed at this hotel several times because of the location. The hotel is overpriced, and appears to have contracts with airliners and corporations so the hotel doesnt care about individual guest and has the "we have nothing to loose" attitude.

If the location is not a reason to pick this place, then dont.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HamptonDullesCascade, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Hello Geegee M,

I want to sincerely thank you for your feedback regarding what you have experienced during your stays with us at the Hampton Inn Cascades, specifically the interactions you have encountered with my front desk.

I want to assure you that by no means do I find this level of service acceptable. I pride myself on my hotel’s ability to serve our guests.

I was truly embarrassed by your comments. I do not receive many negative comments about my staff but I did find it concerning that you felt this “rudeness” was not an isolated incident.
I have already met with my Front Office Manger and my front desk team in regards to your comments. In addition, I have scheduled one on ones this week where we will be reviewing guest relations, courtesy, and friendliness, just to name a few.

Your next interaction with the Hampton Cascades team will be positive one and if for any reason it is not please contact immediately.

If there is anything I have missed or anything else you would like to share, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Rebecca Leo
General Manager Hampton Inn Dulles/Cascades
Pensacola, FL USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Typical Hampton experience. Clean room, fresh clean bed, good breakfast, free internet, and friendly staff. Hotel hallways and elevators could do with a good cleaning and update. Bathroom was a bit spartan lacking the wood and nicer touches of newer or remodeled Hamptons. Very loud air intake hidden behind industrial bulbs. VERY loud and could be heard in the bedroom. Never shut off.

Hotel located across from a Logan's Roadhouse. Grocery store and tons of shops and restaurants about a 10 minute walk.

Airport shuttle was quick. Check-in was flawless.

Overall very pleased

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Reston, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

This past weekend I had a great experience at this hotel! First off, the staff was super friendly and check-in was a breeze. The location was super convenient to both the Dulles Airport and also tons of shops and restaurants. Parking was ample and easily accessible. We had a clean, comfortable room (the bed was awesome, I didnt want to get out of it!). The room was nice and also included a mini fridge and microwave which was a bonus. But by far, the best part was the huge complimentary breakfast we enjoyed. I will certainly stay at this Hampton Inn again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades? Share your experiences!