“Comfortable stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Sterling
GreenLeadersGold level
“Comfortable stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

The staff was accommodating and the rooms were clean. I had a 1 night brief stay. The mini-fridge was a great feature, and the beds were soft and easy to sleep on. Large breakfast buffet in the morning - the waffles were great, and the hot bar also featured cheesy omelets. If in the area, I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

My experience is somewhat rare, I'll admit. We had a 1-night stay and paid for an upgraded whirlpool king room. Of course it had to happen, but the whirlpool sounded like a train so we couldn't use! I could go into details but the important thing thing is that, in the end, the hotel did nothing for us. No corrective action, no apology, or what could have been the easiest, no crediting back the upgrade cost. As a status HHonors member I reached back through corporate, who attempted to relay to the GM that we had a problem with our stay, but apparently management ignored that message.

But, more general:

Pros: a very clean feeling to the room and property, and excepting the above, staff was quite accommodating
Cons: the shower dimension was actually 32 by 32 inches (I 'measured' using their two inch tile) and breakfast was par to slightly less than par for Hampton Inn level.

It's an inexpensive hotel and respectably clean. For many that is enough. For our experience though, I'll never go back.

Room Tip: Stay away from whirlpool upgrade.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HamptonDullesCascade, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Hello GrizzTravel,

I sincerely thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us in early February. I was very disappointed after reading your review as these comments are not typical of the Hampton Cascades.

Through recent feedback, I have identified a need to reinforce training with my front desk team. I have adjusted my schedule so that I am present at the desk during our busiest times to ensure the delivery of consistent quality service.

I am confident that the experience you encountered will not re-occur in the future. If you have any further concerns or are interested in coming back to the area please do not hesitate to contact me.

Rebecca Leo General Manager
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

The staff are extremely rude. Even when you call they give you a very cold response.

I have stayed at this hotel several times because of the location. The hotel is overpriced, and appears to have contracts with airliners and corporations so the hotel doesnt care about individual guest and has the "we have nothing to loose" attitude.

If the location is not a reason to pick this place, then dont.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HamptonDullesCascade, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Hello Geegee M,

I want to sincerely thank you for your feedback regarding what you have experienced during your stays with us at the Hampton Inn Cascades, specifically the interactions you have encountered with my front desk.

I want to assure you that by no means do I find this level of service acceptable. I pride myself on my hotel’s ability to serve our guests.

I was truly embarrassed by your comments. I do not receive many negative comments about my staff but I did find it concerning that you felt this “rudeness” was not an isolated incident.
I have already met with my Front Office Manger and my front desk team in regards to your comments. In addition, I have scheduled one on ones this week where we will be reviewing guest relations, courtesy, and friendliness, just to name a few.

Your next interaction with the Hampton Cascades team will be positive one and if for any reason it is not please contact immediately.

If there is anything I have missed or anything else you would like to share, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Rebecca Leo
General Manager Hampton Inn Dulles/Cascades
Pensacola, FL USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Typical Hampton experience. Clean room, fresh clean bed, good breakfast, free internet, and friendly staff. Hotel hallways and elevators could do with a good cleaning and update. Bathroom was a bit spartan lacking the wood and nicer touches of newer or remodeled Hamptons. Very loud air intake hidden behind industrial bulbs. VERY loud and could be heard in the bedroom. Never shut off.

Hotel located across from a Logan's Roadhouse. Grocery store and tons of shops and restaurants about a 10 minute walk.

Airport shuttle was quick. Check-in was flawless.

Overall very pleased

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Reston, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

This past weekend I had a great experience at this hotel! First off, the staff was super friendly and check-in was a breeze. The location was super convenient to both the Dulles Airport and also tons of shops and restaurants. Parking was ample and easily accessible. We had a clean, comfortable room (the bed was awesome, I didnt want to get out of it!). The room was nice and also included a mini fridge and microwave which was a bonus. But by far, the best part was the huge complimentary breakfast we enjoyed. I will certainly stay at this Hampton Inn again!

Gainesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

The rooms were spacious yet cozy and very clean. The staff was so courteous with our check in and the breakfast\coffee were the perfect way to wake up. Even better, the hotel is within easy and safe walking distance to various shops and restaurants. I would recommend to anyone from Business travelers to tourists, this is an amazing deal.

Room Tip: High Floors give you a great birds eye view of the area.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reston, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

The staff at this hotel was beyond friendly and so helpful. The room was extremely clean and the bed was unbelieveably comfortable! We didn't want to leave. The breakfast was fabulous, as they always are at Hampton Inns. Microwave and fridge in room and lots of restaurants and shops within very close walking distance. We will stay again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades? Share your experiences!