“George Washington would have slept here!” 5 of 5 stars

Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   46331 McClellan Way, Sterling, VA 20165   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Premium Wi-Fi - Book Now!
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Sterling
GreenLeadersGold level
Malvern
“George Washington would have slept here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

First, let me say my sister-in-law travels the U.S. for her job. She stays at a Hampton whenever she can. Whenever she and my brother travel for pleasure, they book at a Hampton if they can. Using their preference, I chose the Hampton Inn Dulles Cascades for a three day visit to Washington, DC. It was the right choice. There was not one, not even minuscule, negative remark I can comment on for the three night stay. Everything was perfect.

It was advertised a "continental breakfast," but it was a full breakfast with almost everything you could want. There was an attendant to monitor the breakfast items and replace them as needed. I saw she had a small kitchen area where she prepared the eggs and other cooked foods. Very good!

The only drawback. If you are visiting Washington, DC, it is 38 miles to the Capitol Mall. Interesting drive the first time, but tired from a day sightseeing all day for the ride back. You can vary the routes - we returned through Antietam Battlefield Park one time. However, if you are flying it is close to Dulles International Airport and I saw the Inn's airport shuttles.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Santa Rosa, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

What a great place to stay.
Great desk, great shuttle service, great breakfast, great bed, great everything.

Room Tip: Bring your own water. Very expensive and city water is terrible. Stay on entry side of hotel.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Mansfield
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

I would have rated his hotel higher but the maid did not lock our door after cleaning. The door had to be pulled shut to lock it and she did not do that. Anyone could have pushed the door and walk in our room. The breakfast was good but the 2 nites we stayed they only had mexican omlets. I would rather have had scrambled eggs also. Otherwise the breakfast was okay. The pool was nice. Our room was clean except the sheets were too short. We had a king size bed and the sheets kept coming off. They need new sheets. The hotel overall was good. Close to shops in nearby mall.

Room Tip: We stayed on 6th floor
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Rebecca L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Dear BabsMansfield,

I sincerely thank you for your feedback in regards to your stay with us in May. I personally apologize for what you experienced upon your return to your room and want to assure you this behavior is not typical for Hampton as the safety and security of our guests is our number one priority. We take situations such as this one very seriously and I truly appreciate your bringing this to my attention. I am confident that this error has been corrected and will not reoccur in the future.

I have also reviewed our breakfast selection to ensure we are rotating our breakfast items routinely. It is very important that our guests receive a variety of choices while staying with us.

I thank you very much for the feedback and certainly hope you will think of us again if visiting the Sterling area. Guest feedback is what keeps us continuously improving as a company and I look forward to correcting any and all issues that occur to provide a more comfortable guest experience.

Rebecca Leo - General Manager Hampton Inn Dulles/Cascades
Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

Yep, a real nice new and comfortable Hampton Inn. I was looking for a hotel for one night and I didn't want to spend a lot of money. The room was large and clean. The bed was comfortable and the temperature was easy to control. With tax, I got out of there for about 113 bucks. 113 BUCKS that close to the Dulles airport for a very nice room. This was a deal.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel a few times for business trips and bothe times have enjoyed my stay on every occasion.

The breakfast that is offered has many options for all diets. Most recently the breakfast was scrambled eggs, smoked sausage and potatoes. Pancakes, oatmeal, cereal and fruit were also available had I not wanted those items. Coffee, tea and juice were offered to drink with all the creamer and sugar. Coffee and fruit are also put out throuout the day in case you would like a pick me up in the afternoon or after a workout.

There gym is a good size and usually not crowded. Dumbells are the only weights offered but with 3 treadmills, 2 stairmasters and a stationary bike you have enough to get a good workout in. The pool is indoors and the basketball court outside is kept up with nicely as well.

The rooms that I have had are always clean and ready for when I arrive. The all important WiFi works extremely well and is simple to connect to because of the guide on the desk. Linens and towels are soft and smell freshly washed. The bed is always soft and 2 types of pillows are put on the bed so you can choose your preference of soft or firm.

Service is always friendly and helpful. Any problems that have come up or information that I need is handled quickly and courteously.

Tons of restaurants in the area with a few only walking distance from the hotel.

To the people who read this and say the I work for the hotel I assure you I don't. I work for the Navy and I promise you that this is one of the better places to stay in the area. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is looking for a quiet weekend getaway and you wont be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2012
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

Stayed here in April '12, no real complaints at this hotel. Check-in was fast and easy, they even had coffee/tea/hot chocolate available.

Room was clean, hotel still seemed pretty new. Gym was good enough for a light workout. Breakfast was great, fed my family of five. They had some eggs, biscuits, oatmeal, donuts, cereal, juice, coffee, milk, tea, fruits, & waffles.

Beds were clean and comfy.

The only complaint I had was that our sink did not drain fast, we did not complain to the front desk since we found out late at night and didn't want to deal with someone coming to the room late at night. The hotel is definitely a little tricky to find, but not a big deal.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Pittsburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

We stayed hear as we had read it was pet friendly for pets under 50 pounds. There is no additional charge for having pet but one must sign liability statement in case the pet causes any damage. Room was very nice with king bed and desk and free Continental type breakfast was included. Room was clean and also had sofa which could have been made into bed. Heard some noise from adjacent rooms during the night but not too bad. Hotel is located just off Cascades parkway and an area of shops and restaurants. Appeared to be in a very safe area.

Would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades? Share your experiences!