“3.5 to Four Circles 4 Effort....” 4 of 5 stars

Save up to 20%
Ranked #10 of 15 hotels in Sterling
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Elizabeth, New Jersey
“3.5 to Four Circles 4 Effort....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

I recently stayed at this Best Western location after learning the accommodations I normally use had filled. A little reluctant to check-in; I found the staff to be warm and friendly upon my arrival.

Pros:
Free hot breakfast
Staff very accommodating
Laundry (guest) on site ($1.75 USD) to wash and dry
Take-out/delivery food options
Shuttle to and from hotel

Cons:
At one point there was no hot water in my room
Killed a "millipede" in my bathroom (the back of hotel is wooded with tree's)
Bathtub/Shower could and should have been cleaner
Bathroom towels and face cloths were stained. Used my own personal

Again, for whatever this hotel lacked it made up for with effort on its staff's part. Once I called in a problem, it was immediately rectified. The hotel placed a ridiculous hold on my debit card and when I questioned the front desk, it was handled. The hotel is good for a 1-2 night stay. There is a Shell gas station that backs up to the property that can be used to get little snacks, the front desk also has a mini-mart. Each room has its own microwave and little fridge--not sure why appliances are placed underneath the cabinetry. Each worked well. The hotel is set up like a motel with "outside rooms". I also observed there to be grills and small courtyards for sitting. The property is well lit and maintained. The breakfast was descent. Pastries, coffee, cereal, waffles...standard but good. If I were in a pinch I would stay for a night again--not a bad stay. The hotel is also next to a Holiday Inn that shares their accommodations--like ATM machine and restaurant (ask the front desk what else they "share"). I rate this hotel 3.5-4 Circles...

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the front of the property if you are traveling with children. This hotel also...
Green Features: They do encourage an ECO friendly environment. To what extent; not clear. Perhaps in re-use of towels/face cloths
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
BestWestern D, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Dulles Airport Inn, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Our housekeeping department works very hard to provide a clean and healthy experience and unfortunately we failed you in what we strive for. I have contacted the head of our housekeeping department and she personally addressed the issues you had with her team. We take great pride in the warmth of our team, and it is important to us that every guest feels as though they are family while staying with us.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again, so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 703-471-8300.

Marisol Rodriguez

198 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Sterling
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Aside from the location of the hotel, everything was fine. I had very bad traffic leaving the hotel. While I would like to stay there again, if I need to be somewhere close to DC, I might consider not staying at this property. Sorry.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Wellsburg, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

good price for quality of room. clean and comfortable, friendly and helpful staff: has a continental breakfast available, but did not use: l downside was that the floor was hard and cold, no carpeting. I would come back to this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Alexandria, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

The hotel itself is nice, clean and basic- it has everything my wife and I need for a one night stay (we got a good deal on a park and stay package). Breakfast is great and plenty of room to park. We met two shuttle drivers named Jerry and Yusery (spelling?) who were both nice, on time with the shuttle and helped with luggage.
HOWEVER.......good luck checking in and out. I checked in around 2pm and the front desk girl was just too busy. The phones were ringing and she had to answer them, she had a line and in the middle of this someone had the audacity to ask her to call a cab. I came down later and this time a fellow by the name of Dennis was working and it was the SAME issue. He had a line, the phones were going crazy and people were ticked that they had to wait so long and I was ticked because I came down to buy candy for my wife and had to put it back because I wasn't going to wait 15 minutes or more in line to buy it. He remained friendly even though some of the customers were hostile. That is the 2nd time we had stayed there in 3 weeks. The 1st time I was there around 8am checking out and it was the same girl. She had a line of people checking out with the phones ringing and again she was the only one at the desk. I don't recall her name but she had long hair and she too remained friendly when it was FINALLY our turn in line. I truly doubt the Best Western owners will go bankrupt if they put two people behind the desk.
The only other problem I had was that a girl who was working there when we checked in around midnight the 1st night we stayed had no interest in anything I was saying...seemed like she was trying to get us out of the lobby as soon as possible and barely looked at us.

Room Tip: This place has no elevators. You have to use the steps which I was ok with.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
BestWestern D, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Dulles Airport Inn, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear Mr. Mike S

On behalf of our entire team I would like thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize that you encountered an issue while attempting to check in. We are currently looking into having more than one front desk agent available to help with the check in process. We thank you again for sharing your experience at our hotel, as we will be using it to help better our service in the future. I hope that you will stay with us the next time you are in the Dulles Airport area.

Marisol Rodriguez
Salisbury, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

A very nice hotel. Two floors only. Very clean and nicely done lobby. The king room we stayed in was newly remodeled and clean. Very quiet location and very close to Dulles Airport. Shuttle provided if needed.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Putnam, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

My connecting flight was cancelled due to snow/ice so I needed a hotel room at the last minute. I arrived at 8:45PM and was starving. I was directed to go to the Holiday Inn next door as there was an open restaurant there. All the rooms are outside access only. Mine was on the 2nd floor, so I had to climb icy snowy steps with my luggage. I booked a shuttle going to the airport for the next day- apparently you cannot just hop on a shuttle- you have to have a reservation in advance. My room was clean & comfortable with WIFI, plenty of towels, a small fridge & microwave, a big screen TV. Complimentary breakfast was served downstairs from 6:30 to 10:30 AM which had plenty of variety- make your own waffles, cereals, bagels, muffins, juices, coffee etc. My only complaint was a backhoe clearing off the parking lot early in the morning with it's back up beep beep going back and forth for hours. It's not the hotel's fault, the snow needs to be cleared, but heavens, enough is enough.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Bergen County, Nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

There is nothing singularly spectacular about the hotel, but everything was solid. It was a little odd that the mini-fridge and microwave are located in a cabinet under the sink (the front desk clerk warned everyone checking in that this was where you'd find them), but the beds were comfortable, climate-control adequate, good location, reasonable breakfast. Best of all, they accepted pets! So if you want a good night's sleep in a basic hotel, this is an excellent value.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN Dulles Airport Inn? Share your experiences!