“Comfortable place with reasonable rate near Dulles airport” 5 of 5 stars

Save up to 20%
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Sterling
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Queen Creek, Arizona, United States
“Comfortable place with reasonable rate near Dulles airport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I stayed here overnight after a long, late SWA flight from Phoenix. I arrived between 1:30-2:00 o'clock in the morning. I reserved a comfortable non-smoking room with king-size bed for a lot less money than many other hotels around Washington Dulles airport. This hotel reservation was made easily through SWA Web site; senior rates were originally quoted from $104, $92, to $78 per night; but I was lastly charged for only $60 + tax. It was quite a nice surprise!

This Best Western provides very decent accommodations for the reasonable price: big comfortable bed with quality linens, clean bathroom, mini refrigerator, microwave, sofa, tables, coffee maker and 4 single-served coffees, etc. Complimentary, good self service hot/cold breakfast was included: Belgian waffles, sausage links, French toast sticks, cereals, bagels, muffins, mixed fruits, fresh apples, hard-boiled eggs, etc. Travelers can enjoy their nice breakfast and visit with each other in a spacious common area. The friendly front desk staff (Teresa, Renisha), plus the breakfast hostess are pleasant, very responsive and insanely efficient. As previously mentioned, I stayed for only one night on the recent leisure trip. But I shall definitely return to this Best Western hotel whenever we fly in to Dulles airport. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We flew in from Africa and were picked up by the hotel shuttle. It was early April and the cherry and dogwood trees were in bloom at the hotel. We walked to a sports bar to eat in a hotel next door. It was fine.
I caught the shuttle back to the airport the next day and took the 5A commuter bus into DC. That was so easy. I didn't want to rent a car. I rode the Hop-on Hop-off bus to Arlington, etc and had a great day. It was a little hard to find the HOHO bus stop in DC as they don't allow signs, but I persisted. I took the 5A back to Dulles and the shuttle back to the hotel. How easy it was.
People working in the hotel were nice, too. Good self-service breakfast. I used the laundromat, too. Good value.

Room Tip: Avoid being next to a room being repaired if you want to sleep in the day. No work noise at night t...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Ventura, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Boy, if you don't smoke and get stuck in a smoking room, it's terrible. The carpets are filthy and all the sheets and blankets smell like smoke, making you wonder if they have been washed. They do a pretty decent breakfast here, though.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the side facing the freeway if you want quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
BestWestern D, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Dulles Airport Inn, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear lorivantrigt,

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations.

Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. We only have a very few number of smoking rooms in the hotel and they are all located together. Just to ensure you, all of our lines are washed between each guest.

Shelby Clark General Manager
Reykjavik, Iceland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

We stayed there for 2 nights.Hotel offerd more for less money.than many other more expensive hotels we stayed in.Good self service brekfast no luxury but very nice,and in a spacious place so everyone could do more than turn around.Good buisness centre was in the hotel and was very friendly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

What a dump. A roach hotel, and I have the pictures to prove it! I checked into this awful filthy place and was right back out in less than 10 min. They have dead roaches in the sink of the room I was assigned as well as roaches crawling the walls in the bathroom, living room area and over my brd!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
BestWestern D, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Dulles Airport Inn, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Hello Mrjid1301,

First of all I would like to thank you for completing a review of your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize. This is not the normal condition of our hotel. I appreciate that you made me aware of this so that I can do something to correct it for the future of our guest. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

Shelby Clark, General Manager
Hayes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stayed twice at Best Western, in Sterling to catch an early flight going abroad.. Both occasions were very plesant. The hotel is 2 miles from the airport and franklly I would not stay any closer to Dulles because of the noise.
The price is very reasonable,especially if you use the sleep and fly program.With one night stay you get 7 days of free parking plus the free shuttle to the airport.
Yes, we are coming back to this place if I have to fly out of IAD.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

This is an airport hotel which requires a shuttle ride to the Dulles. There are probably closer hotels to the airport at better value than Best Western.

Okay for one night. I got in late (after 11pm) and left early (around 5am), so not much to comment on. The rooms could be cleaner and neater for the price paid.

WIFI is free and worked okay. There are no elevators so if carrying heavy luggage it will need to be carried up the stairs.

Will probably do a little more research in the future and try and stay elsewhere...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN Dulles Airport Inn? Share your experiences!