“OK Hotel, Low Room Rate” 3 of 5 stars

Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Sterling
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Valencia, California
“OK Hotel, Low Room Rate”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Basic hotel rooms with a nice breakfast- includes make-it-yourself waffles. Shower/tub combo and lots of towels. Hotel has parking close to rooms and easy freeway access. There is also a free shuttle to Dulles Airport. Wi-fi is free and slow. The hotel has two floors. If you are staying on the second floor be prepared to carry your bags up stairs.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

Close to Dulles; free shuttle every half hour beginning 4:00 AM; very comfortable beds; clean; very nice bathroom w/ lots of hot water; bed was very comfortable; lots of towels; breakfast included cheese homlets, et. al; very reasonable rates for what was provided. It's located on the flight path for Dulles so you'll hear some planes...but so are most of the other hotels/motels. Bar/restaurant located at the Holiday Inn; a very short walk away. A very good deal for the $$.

Room Tip: If you have lots of luggage, request a room on the bottom floor.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

If you're looking for a place to just get some shuteye, a hot shower and decent breakfast before heading out on your next flight, this is the place. The hotel is a little dated in that you enter your room through an outside (exterior) door, rather than through an indoor corridor. However, on the plus side you can just pull up to your room :) With affordable room rates (with taxes and all it ran me only $77), friendly desk staff, a free airport shuttle and wi-fi free, and restaurants and stores all within a 10 minutes drive, this a good place to recharge before leaving the DC area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

The room is small and can fit nicely 2 adults and 1 child. Basic amenities are provided such as toothbrush and toothpaste, 2 in 1 shower gel, hot shower, water heater, mini bar. However, the wardrobe has no door, but it's not a big issue. You might wanna carry small luggage as there are not much space to place your bags. The wall is thin, and you may hear kids crying or people walking outside or next door. But it's okay if you come back at night just to sleep because it is calm and quiet at night.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

Had an overnight stop over , it was great for the price , but wished I had paid more & got somewhere better.
The rooms are clean , with comfy beds , microwave & fridge , bad side is the heater/ air con unit is seriously loud !!
Bathroom good , but the shower was a liitle touch & go.
I requested a shuttle transfer at approx 10pm & was told it would be 15 mins.It didn't show so then called them back & was informed that their driver clocks off @ 9.30 pm !!! Then told to wait for any Holiday Inn bus & they woulld bring me. Which I did try , but none would !! Ended up getting a taxi ( $15 ) appros 15 mins drive. Needless to say that by the time I got to the hotel , I was less tham impressed & starving. There is takeaway delivery menu In the rooms , for pizza hut & other meals , BUT , this stops at 11pm & minimum order was $15 for delivery .
Eventually got some horrid pot noodle thing @ reception .
Airport shuttle runs every 1/2 hr & was on time in the morning.

Room Tip: If you have late night stop over , grab something to eat at the airport !!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Shelby C, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Dulles Airport Inn, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
Dear Nicki40,

First of all thank you for taking the time to fill out the review form. I want you to know that we take all comments to heart so that your input can help us make improvements for our guest.

We are very sorry for the wait that you had at the airport and for the shuttle mix up. When out shuttle is not in service we get help from other vans in the area and I do not know why the others would not pick you up but I will investigate to find out. I am glad you had a nice ride back to the airport the next morning.

Again I do apologize for your wait.

I hope that when you come back to the area you will give us a try again to show you we really do improve our service.

Shelby Clark
Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

I always do my homework before booking a hotel. I saw in the reviews that the shuttle wasn't very good at the hotel. Since that was a big thing for us, I called the hotel before booking to make sure that they had shuttle service that could get it to and from our late and early flights. They assured me that they did, so I chalked it up as just a fluke that happened to some people. WRONG. When our flight got in an hour late just after midnight we called for the shuttle. We were told that another hotel shuttle would come and pick us up. So, we went out to the curb and waited in the rain. We saw the other shuttle come and they told us that they had no knowledge of needing to pick us up. So we called Best Western where we were told that the shuttle driver had just gone off duty and so no one would be picking us up!! Thankfully the other shuttle driver said he would take us. When we got to the hotel we were told that our King room was gone (we had reserved it) and all they had was two doubles!! We protested, and they called another hotel for us, then we got to walk over there at 1:00 am! Thank you to the Holiday Inn who gave us a great room rate! We did end up staying there a few nights later as per our reservation. We didn't even try and trust the shuttle to get us to our 7:30 am flight. The room was really really noisy.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Shelby C, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Dulles Airport Inn, responded to this review, March 19, 2012
Hello TaynJack,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review for your stay with us. We take all of our comments to heart so that we can work on improving our service to our guest.

I will look into the confusion that took place with the shuttle service that the other van did not know they were picking you up at the airport. Our shuttle hours run to midnight and that is when we do get help from other vans in our area. I wish you would have given us a chance to take you back to the airport so that you can see how good our shuttle drivers are at servicing you. As far as the King room not being available, I will have to investigate to find out what happened so this doesn’t happen again in the future. I am glad they were able to find you a King bed next door and I do apologize for your troubles.

I hope you will try us again if you come back to our area because we really do strive to better than a standard Best Western and to make our guest happy.

Shelby Clark, General Manager
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

After reading some negative reviews, I was not sure about this hotel. However, after booking and staying for five days on a recent business trip, I was pleasantly surprised! This is not a five-star hotel, nor did I expect it to be. My room was clean and comfortable. On the website it said there was high speed internet in public areas. That was not accurate, as I had high speed internet in my room. I used the shuttle everyday, and it was convenient and timely. An added plus is you can take either the Best Western or Holiday Inn Dulles shuttles to the Best Western, as they are jointly owned. The front desk personnel were great, and worked hard to insure you had a good stay at the hotel. The breakfast served daily was pretty basic, with a couple of hot items as well as cereal, yogurt and fresh fruit. My greatest concern when booking was the fact that entry into the rooms is from the outside. That concern quickly faded as this hotel is located in a quiet, safe area. I would definitely stay at this hotel again. It was a great value!

Room Tip: The Best Western is located next to the Holiday Inn Dulles. O'Malley's Pub is just a short w...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
WashDCHotels, Owner and Management Representative at BEST WESTERN Dulles Airport Inn, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
Hello scourweb,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us during your business trip.

We are glad to hear that we could provide you with such a great value. It is good to hear that you were able to take advantage of the great amenities we have, starting your day right with breakfast to getting some sleep in our comfortable clean guestrooms. Our team takes great pride in providing the best service possible because we know that is the key to our guests having a truly fantastic stay.

We are looking forward to serving you again in the near future!

The Best Western Dulles Airport Team

Been to BEST WESTERN Dulles Airport Inn? Share your experiences!