“Not good at all” 2 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
Sterling, Virginia
“Not good at all”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Recently I did a date night class and I wish I could get my money back. The instructor was disorganized and rushed. We didn't get to make some of the food that we were supposed to make. We were supposed to grill steak and all we got to do was season it. The instructor cooked all of the steaks himself and overcooked them so they were beyond well done. He seemed to want to make everything easier for himself. Our class ate together at the end of the meal and most of us had food that was too salty. Several of the desserts tasted and smelled bad.

Also things weren't the most hygienic when it came to distributing the food items we worked with. I was grossed out that several of the class participants were licking their fingers and then we picked out food to prepare from one platter.

Visited October 2013

Sterling VA
“This is a great place and something different.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

They offer classes for kids and adults. My daughter went here with a group of friends for a Saturday outing. They made pizza and had ice cream. It is a great way to get kids interested in cooking and/or help them expand their knowledge in the kitchen. I have not participated in the adult classes but they have some for couples and other skilled classes you can take. I also bought a deal for my daughter and her dad for fathers day. She got to cook with him which she really enjoyed.

Visited August 2012
Bowie, Maryland
53 attraction reviews
“Date Night Sizzled”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

This was our first experience with Cookology, it was part of my Mother's Day gift from my husband. We prepared a 3 course Indian Cuisine which was very tasty and experimented with alot of spices that we don't normally cook with. The instructor was really nice and personable. She made it a point to remember all of the couples by name and she was very patient with the adult students that asked a million questions, such as my husband! After the meal was prepared, all of the couples sat down together and socialized over dinner and wine which was cool. Overall good experience and something to do together as a couple. A little pricey for a simple meal though and the rice was extremely overcooked (already prepared for us)....my only complaint. By the way, kitchen area can get very congested with popular classes (large group sizes).

Visited June 2013
Leesburg, Virginia
8 attraction reviews
“Great Date night but”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

not for experienced chefs. Our chef instructor was nice and had adequate instructions but when asked where he studied his response was basically on youtube and by working in a restaurant. He also added that he loved the food network shows.

We enjoyed the class and our date but if you are looking for more intense class this might not be it.

Visited March 2013
Haymarket, Virginia
“Poor planning and execution”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Going to a cooking class and expecting a fine experience will leave you short here. The Manager sits at a computer and plays on line. The Teacher reads from the menu and hardly knows more than the students. There was not enough food for 6 students, there was not enough pots, pans, measuring cups, spoons. Nothing to keep your area clean(napkins were added at the end of the class) and several times students had to share or combine in order to complete the meal. When anyone had to wait for a cooking spot the instructor went ahead without them. The general lack of care was evident. For the amount of money this costs it was vastly overpriced.

Visited January 2013