“Great Date night but” 3 of 5 stars

Leesburg, Virginia
8 attraction reviews
“Great Date night but”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

not for experienced chefs. Our chef instructor was nice and had adequate instructions but when asked where he studied his response was basically on youtube and by working in a restaurant. He also added that he loved the food network shows.

We enjoyed the class and our date but if you are looking for more intense class this might not be it.

Visited March 2013

Haymarket, Virginia
“Poor planning and execution”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Going to a cooking class and expecting a fine experience will leave you short here. The Manager sits at a computer and plays on line. The Teacher reads from the menu and hardly knows more than the students. There was not enough food for 6 students, there was not enough pots, pans, measuring cups, spoons. Nothing to keep your area clean(napkins were added at the end of the class) and several times students had to share or combine in order to complete the meal. When anyone had to wait for a cooking spot the instructor went ahead without them. The general lack of care was evident. For the amount of money this costs it was vastly overpriced.

Visited January 2013
Sterling, Virginia
“Great place for kid's birthday party...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Took my then 3 year old son here for a birthday party. The chef was great with the kids and kids had a great time making bread and very delicious mac & cheese.

Visited July 2012
Centreville
“Worst Customer Service Ever, Rude and Uncaring Owner”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

First of all the owner (Maria Kopsidas) of this company doesn't know how to run a business, she was rude and insulting on the phone. My wife and I received a $150 gift card for our wedding, when we went to use it the other day it said it was for $65. My wife called the company to find out what was going on and was told it was already redeemed and there was nothing we could do.

I called back to talk to Maria who was less then helpful or sympathetic, spouting off their gift card system and records are one of the best in the industry (yet they have no way of knowing who redeemed. Their system uses a 4 # gift-card and you can type in any # while registering for a class, obviously someone just type in ours. I have already told Maria I will be contacting the BBB and will take legal action if needed. As a business owner she should learn to be more considerate to a potential customer.

Visited October 2012
Middleburg, VA
4 attraction reviews
“Ok for less experienced cooks”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I've done the gnocchi class and the steakhouse date night with my boyfriend. It was a nice way to spend time together, but I don't feel like I learned anything new.

Visited April 2012