“Worst Customer Service Ever, Rude and Uncaring Owner” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 18 Attractions in Sterling
Type: Educational Sites
Attraction Details
Centreville
“Worst Customer Service Ever, Rude and Uncaring Owner”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

First of all the owner (Maria Kopsidas) of this company doesn't know how to run a business, she was rude and insulting on the phone. My wife and I received a $150 gift card for our wedding, when we went to use it the other day it said it was for $65. My wife called the company to find out what was going on and was told it was already redeemed and there was nothing we could do.

I called back to talk to Maria who was less then helpful or sympathetic, spouting off their gift card system and records are one of the best in the industry (yet they have no way of knowing who redeemed. Their system uses a 4 # gift-card and you can type in any # while registering for a class, obviously someone just type in ours. I have already told Maria I will be contacting the BBB and will take legal action if needed. As a business owner she should learn to be more considerate to a potential customer.

Visited October 2012

Bristow, Virginia
5 attraction reviews
“Ok for less experienced cooks”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I've done the gnocchi class and the steakhouse date night with my boyfriend. It was a nice way to spend time together, but I don't feel like I learned anything new.

Visited April 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Customer service was a major turn off. Not interested in going”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I cannot comment on Cookology's cooking classes but I am initially put off and not interested in going because of their customer service. I received a gift card some time ago and have not had a chance to use it. I called to inquire about using it now as there is no expiration date listed anywhere. The lady that answered the phone was very short and would not even dialogue with me on the issue of there being no expiration date listed. I think that if you have a gift card to a local business and they fail to put an expiration date on it then they should honor the customers card. That would be good customer service. However, after she told me that it was no longer good she ignored my comment about the expiration date and hung up on me while I was in mid sentence. I'm sorry, but that does not make me want to hurry in if they are going to treat a potential new customer that way. Even if there was NO way that they could honor my card (which I highly doubt) I would have appreciated being treated like they valued me as a new customer interested in trying out their classes. I did not get that feeling AT ALL and really cannot believe that she hung up on me. Just had to say my two cents on that....when a business fails to have good customer service thats a major turn off

Visited August 2012
Chantilly, Virginia
6 attraction reviews
“Bad Bad Bad!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

If you actually want your recipes after the class (which is part of what you pay for), don't waste your money. I took a class back in April and after 4 attempts, I still haven't received any resolution. I had high expectations given the ratings, but they've really dropped the ball and simply don't seem to care about earning repeat business. Buyer beware!

Visited April 2012
Herndon, Virginia
“Great fun at Cookology”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Have taken several classes there with different instructors. All are very good. Took a Took a 4-session Italian series class, a individual class on making gnochi and a pie making class. For the pie making class I took my SIL and by 13 year old son. We all had a great time and now make a really good pie crust

Visited November 2011