“No Toilet Paper No Shower Curtain!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. – Sterling – Dulles

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. – Sterling – Dulles to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. – Sterling – Dulles
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   45350 Catalina Court, Sterling, VA 20166 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #14 of 15 hotels in Sterling
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“No Toilet Paper No Shower Curtain!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Just checked in last night.. We are flying out of Dulles this morning. Got settled in the room, went to the toilet and there is no toilet paper... Seriously??? We phoned front desk and they were prompt in bringing some but it shouldn't have been missing in the first place. Now it's morning and soon we will need to shower and there is no shower curtain in the tub shower. Two of us showering this morning is sure to leave a mess!!! How can this be??? Worst place I've stayed in years and we travel all over the world!

The ONLY reason this place gets ONE STAR is that the front desk staff seemed efficient and nice and the parking lot is empty and easy to find parking. Well duh. Who would stay here?

I may add more to this message after breakfast and checkout but I thought it important enough to warn people quickly... This is NOT a good choice of hotel, regardless of convenience.

Room Tip: We were given a room that smelled of mustiness with no toilet paper, and no shower curtain for morni...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. – Sterling – Dulles, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Gigi - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are truly sorry that your room was not stocked properly. We will be reviewing your feedback with our housekeeping staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. Still, we are glad to hear that our front desk staff provided you with quality care.

Thank you again for your feedback; it will help us to improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact us at dln@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

52 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I wasn't overly impressed by this hotel only because the breakfast sucked. But it was clean... a little bit outdated when it came to the furniture, but that's ok. No bugs and it was clean. The housekeeping staff was peeking in the window to see if we were gone yet on the day of checkout. That was very rude if you ask me. But the front desk clerk was very nice upon arrival and there we no hidden fees charged after leaving. I would stay here again, but I think next time I will be more prepared by bringing my own breakfast. I don't understand why there was no fitness center here either. I have attached several pictures for your viewing pleasure.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Saddle Brook, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

It's a excellent hotel in good location and has many good things. The spacious clean rooms in the hotel comes with kitchen and could be helpful for families.
Hotel has plenty of parking and complimentary internet (that actually works!). It is close to restaurants and 15 mins drive vienna train station to board trains to White house, 30 mins drive to Washington DC.
If you're booking rooms with hotwire, priceline etc, you get only single queen bed rooms. If you are looking for room with 2 beds, you will have to upgrade by paying additional fee during check-in. I payed around $11 for upgrade.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Stayed one night before the flight. New and convenient location. Room was clean and the staff was good.

Liked their grab and go breakfast option as well. It is much better than the stale breads.

First room heater did not work well and they switched the room quickly.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. – Sterling – Dulles, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you so much for posting a review of your stay. It gives us great pleasure to know that we were able to meet your expectations and provide you with a "home away from home". I would also like to take this opportunity to apologize for the heating problem you encountered. I am very sorry for this issue, but am glad that our staff corrected it in a timely manner.

Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future should your travels bring you back to our area.
Sterling, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I have been here a few months and the location is great for my working and shopping needs. The staff - front desk, maintenance, and housekeeping are always helpful to any needs or concerns I might have. Twice I had a problem - refrigerator and toilet - within 30 minutes of my reporting to the front desk maintenance was at my door and fixed the problem right away including a new refrigerator. Now thats amazing !!! So far my experience has been grade a. When I finally move on to my new home it will be a sad day for me because now I know what it is like to be spoiled.

• Stayed November 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. – Sterling – Dulles, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your stay. It gives us great pleasure to know that our guest are satisfied with the service with provide. I am very proud of our team for making your stay a home away from home.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. If you have any question or concerns please feel free to contact me at dln2@extendestay.com.
Columbus, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

The room rate was fairly good, and the amenities appeared excellent. The location was great as well. It seemed that this hotel had a lot going for it, so I was optimistic.

The reality was jarring, to say the least. The room I was in was rough, both in terms of cleanliness (the floor was filthy), and maintenance (things looked worn and heavily used). The only good news was that the bed had no bedbugs.

The motel advertises a "continental breakfast." Think some granola bars, some cereal, and packaged muffins.

When we were checking out, I left a laptop bag out for just seconds, and it disappeared. Guess what? No security cameras. When the sheriff's deputy arrived, he advised me that while the area was nice, the hotel's clientele were not necessarily nice, and it seemed like the sheriff's department was familiar with the hotel.

I would not stay in this motel again if you paid me. If you like a clean room, avoid this motel. If you want to avoid a motel where your stuff might get stolen, avoid this motel. In fact, just avoid this motel, period. Note that while the room price was great that I rate the value of the room and the hotel as poor. After all, if you are going to have your stuff stolen, whatever money you save is gone with the stuff you lose.

Room Tip: Choose a room in another motel or hotel, of which there are many in the nearby areas.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. – Sterling – Dulles, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Please accept our most sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations. I would also like to personally apologize for your laptop being stolen from the parking lot. I can understand your frustration and disappointment. It is very discomforting for us to know that this incident took place. We have always worked hard to make our hotel safe and secure for our guest. We always have management and staff make rounds of the hotels throughout the day and night.

I have also discussed your comments with the team, and we will be taking actions to improve. If you would like to discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at dln@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
Sterling, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

This a nice clean place to stay. They provide cooking utensils and once a week house keeping services. Staff is also very helpful and you'll have plenty of parking space. Near to Dulles Airport / Rental Car Companies/ Walmart/ Dulles Town Center.

Things could be improved are better internet speed and more TV channels as these are expected if the stay is an extended one.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. – Sterling – Dulles, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I would like to thank you for taking time to post a review of your stay. It is wonderful to know that you had a great stay with us. I am very proud of our team for making your stay a home away from home.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future should you travel bring you back.

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. – Sterling – Dulles? Share your experiences!