Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. – Sterling – Dulles to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. – Sterling – Dulles
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   45350 Catalina Court, Sterling, VA 20166 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #14 of 15 hotels in Sterling
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

It's a very nice hotel and the staff was very nice to me and Iam very thankful to them because they allows me to put my luggage in there front desk area. Overall I can say excellent. And I appreciate there service

• Stayed April 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. – Sterling – Dulles, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am proud of our team for providing excellent service. It pleases me to know that they were able to acommodate you by putting your luggage behind the front desk until check-in.

53 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Mannassas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

The staff was professional and pleasant, the location was good and parking was convenient. Price was fair and they offered free Wi-Fi. The rooms were quiet and the TV had Showtime and HBO.. Those are the positive points...unfortunately there were some basic problems with the room...no trash cans of any kind..not in the bathroom/kitchen or bedroom...no glasses or cups...I had to use the coffee carafe to get a drink of water...no plates... no utensils. The one chair in the bedroom was so well worn that you sunk almost to the floor when you sat in it..getting up would be almost impossible for anyone with limited dexterity. The room was fairly clean but showing signs of age. As I said it was ok for one night...just had to make the best of it...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. – Sterling – Dulles, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please accept our most sincere apologies that we did not communicate our in-room amenities to you better. While they are limited, the Front Desk does have a limited supply of other items, which we happily hand out upon request. I will speak with my staff about voicing this more clearly, each time a guest checks into the hotel. Overall, I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed the staff, our hotel's location and the television channels as well as our free WiFi.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at Kchaudhary@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Washington, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We made plans to stay for just 1 night. We could not find a sign with the hotel name on it. The room was not clean. We killed a large bug that was climbing on the wall when we arrived.
The furniture was shabby and the bed not comfortable. The kitchenette was not stocked with anything but silverware. There was not even a water glass. There was a coffee pot but no cups. At 11:pm I called for a wake up but there was no one at the desk.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We made this reservations a couple of weeks in advance on line. We wanted to stay at an 'Extended Stay' since we would be in the Wash. DC area for a couple of nights in order to see the sights of the city.
The room was deplorable. mismatched furniture, bed that sagged, dirty floor and carpet, sticky counters and stove top, hair in the bath tub, scummy refrigerator...YIKES! It was not nice. The first room we were checked into smelled so bad of cigarette smoke that we couldn't even breathe! Luckily, this room smelled ok.
The laundry room was so dirty, cigarette butts on the floor, the washers were smelly, but the dryers worked well.
The grounds were very unkempt, trash in the bushes and trash on the sidewalks. I don't think the door mat at our door had ever been swept.
Needless to say we won't be going back.

Room Tip: Don't even think about reserving a room here.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. – Sterling – Dulles, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond.
Please know that we are sincerely sorry to hear that your stay with us was not satisfactory. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, I have reviewed and informed my staff about the standards that we so highly strive to meet.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at kchaudhary@extendedstay.com.
Kathmandu
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

This Homestead Suites does what it does well, but what it does is not for everyone.

What you get: A simple, clean room. A small galley kitchen with a few pots and pans, silverware, plates and glasses. A clean bathroom with lots of hot water. A location that's near the highway, easy to find, and only 5 minutes from Dulles Airport. Friendly and helpful staff at the front desk.

What you don't get: A restaurant, bar, pool, room service or any other hotel amenity.

There are grocery stores nearby, or if you have no car there's a food court and a well-stocked gas-station Mini Mart 150 yards away. Stock up on easy-to-prepare foods like microwaveables and drinks. (The Mini Mart carries beer and wine.)

I found this place eminently suitable, perfectly located, and inexpensive.

Room Tip: Upstairs, so any late arriving cars don't shine lights into your room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Morrisville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

It is located in good location, no noise, very clean and very helpful front desk team especially Sunny. No hassle, no pain to wait. He has done check-in processes in 2 min..

Surely I recommended this studio suite to my friends.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
RestonHerndon, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. – Sterling – Dulles, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Homestead Washington, D.C. - Sterling. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Califon, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Everything was just great!!! nice place to stay if you are either staying for just one night or moving for a long time. Housekeepers and the rest of the staff are just nice to you. If you get any problem or need help they are always there to help you. nice room just the tv need to be upgraded!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Angelika B, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. – Sterling – Dulles, responded to this review, February 25, 2013

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. – Sterling – Dulles? Share your experiences!