Bookmark
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. – Sterling – Dulles to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. – Sterling – Dulles
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   45350 Catalina Court, Sterling, VA 20166 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Sterling
California, Maryland
“Comfortable stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

It is great place for the money and close to the airport. I use it all the time during my travels. Rooms are clean and staff is very friendly; they are always try to make me feel comfortable.. I love the kitchen in the room and the fact that they have a few smoking rooms so I don't have to go outside for a cigarette. Would definitely recommend this place

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Angelika B, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. – Sterling – Dulles, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Washington, D.C. - Sterling. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
New York state
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

My college friends and I were looking for a cheap place to stay while trekking around Washington, DC. We were quite surprised to find that the 2 star hotel we booked had a medium sized fridge, microwave, and toaster inside the kitchen. The service was pretty friendly, and the room was more than we expected. We were very satisfied with this nice inexpensive place that satisfied our basic needs!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Angelika B, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. – Sterling – Dulles, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Washington, D.C. - Sterling. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Sterling, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Staying in DC is expensive. I received the most value for my money at Homestead Studio Suites. At times the neighbors were loud, but management was accommodating to my requests. Generally it was a good experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Angelika B, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. – Sterling – Dulles, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Mr. Joe:

Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I recently left my second home, at Homestead Studio Suites, after spending two years there while working in Washington DC on a project. My experience at this affordable and well cared for property was nothing short of excellent. I was able to enjoy the amenities of home in a safe and quiet environment. As a single female, it was important to me to feel safe with staying in the area as well as knowing my personal belonging would be safe, being left behind, when I traveled to my home in Texas. The staff were always professional and made every attempt to accommodate requests for changes in scheduled dates for maid service when I needed privacy to work. I enjoyed walking and running around the property for exercise, again feeling quite comfortable and safe doing so at almost any time of the day or evening. I will miss the staff and especially the maid service now that I have returned to my home in Texas. When I am required to work for an extended period of time in the Washington DC area again, I will certainly look to return to my second home at Homestead Studio Suites. Thank you for making my stay a pleasant experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Angelika B, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. – Sterling – Dulles, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Homestead Washington, D.C. - Sterling. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your kind words.
San Diego
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

This place is a simple, acceptable motel. And nothing more than that.

Pros: has a kitchen, full fridge, mini stove, and microwave. It's also cheaper than anything else in the area.

Cons: You get what you pay for. I got this for $33 on Priceline, so I really shouldn't complain. However, the bed is not comfortable and my room had a serious bug infestation. I killed 5-10 "stink bugs" per day. Bottoms of cabinets were all rotted out.

If you don't care what kind of conditions you're staying in and just simply want a cheap place - this is a great property. However, if you want something to relax and feel comfortable in, you had better look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Second floor
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. – Sterling – Dulles, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Washington, D.C. - Sterling. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations, so I was pleased to read your remarks about your room. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. For that I am truly sorry.

We know that you have several lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide you with a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price. We recognize that if our guests can't get a good night's sleep, they won't return, so we've chosen bedding that we hope best suits their needs. I do take seriously your concern, and promise that we will continue to look for ways to make sure every guest is as comfortable as possible when staying with us.

Germantown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Homestead in Sterling, VA. Everyone was pleasant and accommodating to our hotel needs. The rooms were cleaned, and there was a nice size outside area for our dog to play. It is a good value which included tv, internet, weekly housekeeping, etc.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. – Sterling – Dulles, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. We love to hear the amenities we offer and the outside grounds were perfect for you - and your dog too!

Springfield, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Stayed here overnight before leaving on an early flight from Dulles. The first room was dirty & smelled from smoke. The second was bearable but certainly in need of sprucing up. Carpeting was filthy, bathroom not too clean. We kind of got what we paid for but I would not stay here again.

The staff, however, was very helpful and pleasant.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. – Sterling – Dulles, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand locations in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. – Sterling – Dulles? Share your experiences!