Stayed here for a couple of nights recently. Here are the issues:
- smoke smell: This was supposed to be a non-smoking room, but guests blatantly disregard the policy. My neighbors on the left and the right were smoking away like chimneys and management told me that "only some of our rooms are non-smoking, and yours is"
- internet: connected ok, but I had to do some work and get on my office VPN and it died. Tech support helped, but it was touch and go. Ended up going to a cafe to get work done.
- peeling, broken furniture and fittings in the room: The two bedside lamps didn't work, the kitchen counter was peeling
- general filth: room, premises, laundry room were all filthy. found a couple of insects in the kitchen as well. We'd initially planned to make a few meals in the room to save some money but couldn't bring ourselves to cook there. ended up eating out
- No amenities: unlike other hotels close to the airport, there was no shuttle or park-and-fly. no business center either.
The good part:
- the young man we encountered at the front desk tried to help. He got us tech support on the phone for the internet issue, offered us a different room (which smelled of smoke also, so we declined) etc.
Overall recommendation: Avoid it if you can.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
July 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies
Report response as inappropriate
The experience you described is truly regrettable. We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have brought each of the issues you expressed to the attention of our staff.
Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.