“Long Term Stay Homestead Studio Sterling” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. – Sterling – Dulles

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. – Sterling – Dulles to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. – Sterling – Dulles
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   45350 Catalina Court, Sterling, VA 20166 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #14 of 15 hotels in Sterling
Germantown, Maryland
“Long Term Stay Homestead Studio Sterling”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Homestead in Sterling, VA. Everyone was pleasant and accommodating to our hotel needs. The rooms were cleaned, and there was a nice size outside area for our dog to play. It is a good value which included tv, internet, weekly housekeeping, etc.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. – Sterling – Dulles, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. We love to hear the amenities we offer and the outside grounds were perfect for you - and your dog too!

52 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Springfield, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Stayed here overnight before leaving on an early flight from Dulles. The first room was dirty & smelled from smoke. The second was bearable but certainly in need of sprucing up. Carpeting was filthy, bathroom not too clean. We kind of got what we paid for but I would not stay here again.

The staff, however, was very helpful and pleasant.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. – Sterling – Dulles, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand locations in the future.
DC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Stayed here for a couple of nights recently. Here are the issues:
- smoke smell: This was supposed to be a non-smoking room, but guests blatantly disregard the policy. My neighbors on the left and the right were smoking away like chimneys and management told me that "only some of our rooms are non-smoking, and yours is"
- internet: connected ok, but I had to do some work and get on my office VPN and it died. Tech support helped, but it was touch and go. Ended up going to a cafe to get work done.
- peeling, broken furniture and fittings in the room: The two bedside lamps didn't work, the kitchen counter was peeling
- general filth: room, premises, laundry room were all filthy. found a couple of insects in the kitchen as well. We'd initially planned to make a few meals in the room to save some money but couldn't bring ourselves to cook there. ended up eating out
- No amenities: unlike other hotels close to the airport, there was no shuttle or park-and-fly. no business center either.

The good part:
- the young man we encountered at the front desk tried to help. He got us tech support on the phone for the internet issue, offered us a different room (which smelled of smoke also, so we declined) etc.

Overall recommendation: Avoid it if you can.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. – Sterling – Dulles, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies

Herndon, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

We got what we paid for. Stayed here after the power failures in the DC area. Nothing else was available. It was not great. But did not feel or look clean.

First room one in my part found trash and food from previous guest. She was moved to another room and they did not note that so the staff was not sure where they were. My mother had someone try to enter her room - at 10pm. It was a staff member - went to the wrong room.

Nothing bad happened - but it felt disorganized.

The rate was excellent - we didn't pay much, didn't get much.

Don't expect the Ritz, basic accommodations here. if that's what you need - it will suffice.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, Owner at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. – Sterling – Dulles, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead Washington, D.C. - Sterling. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why our mission is to provide clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price that guests want to come back to. The issues you describe are unacceptable to me and not at all representative of our quality standards. Clearly there was a failure in our system during your stay. In response to your comments, I’ve personally met with all of our staff and used your review to demonstrate in which specific areas we can improve.

Mount Joy, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

I have been staying at the Homestead for about 2 months. I had valuables stolen from my room but there was no sign of force entry. Maid service is once per week but not due for the day I was robbed. Neither Desk attendant nor home office were any use,help, or insight to check card key entry... merely a "sorry sir."

Also, the rooms are dated. KIitchens and bathrooms had bug problems and during weekly maid service they obviously attempted to spray for bugs because I noticed that the room had a terrible chemical stench every Monday and the bug disappeared until Friday.

The free WIFI was ok and they have a coin laundry on site but it is expensive - suggest you go two miles to use another coin laundry that is in better shape and less expensive. I've had a few different rooms here and they are not as NEW nor CLEAN as their website shows.

I suggest that you spend a couple of extra dollars to stay at the comfort suites (dulles) or if you are longer term then use craigslist to find a month to month room.

It is not that convenient to the airport (IAD) and 30 miles from DC.

Room Tip: I have noticed some (presumable) prostitutes using this hotel and they specifically askied the front...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. – Sterling – Dulles, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Leesburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

I usually stay on the weekend for leisure, the front desk who works in Saturday is very friendly and helpful. He usually knows all my information as being regular customer for that hotel now. Quite place on the weekend and really enjoyed my stay . Would like to recommend it to others.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. – Sterling – Dulles, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
King,

It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Washington, D.C. - Sterling. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to continue to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any way.
New Jesey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Really loved the quite environment. the front desk staff was so helpful and courteous . The Housekeepers were also helpful and help me get some extra pillows and towels. Really i loved the stay at homestead.

Room Tip: back building is good if you need quite stay.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. – Sterling – Dulles, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Washington, D.C. - Sterling. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way," and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. – Sterling – Dulles? Share your experiences!