“Great location for any size gathering” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 18 attractions in Sterling
Type: Parks
Attraction Details
Sterling, Virginia
“Great location for any size gathering”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Next to the Patomac River, beautiful year around . Golf, Swimming in season with some sleeping cabins available. We've had numerous gatherings there and alwayse enjoyed the location.

10 attraction reviews
“Nice park, good view, good for family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The park is by the Potomac river so the view is beautiful. There are picnic tables and facilities for soccer and volleyball. The walk through the golf course is beautiful and relaxing. Great for families. Boating dock. There is the Potomac Heritage Trail nearby for mountain biking.

Visited July 2013
Sterling, Virginia
“Best regional park in N VA! Has it all.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Best public park I have ever been to. I go 4 or 5 times a year and it always is a delight .Has sports field, golf, cabins, waterpark , rv storage and is on Potomac River with plenty of picnic areas .

49 attraction reviews
“great view and well maintained”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This park sits on the banks of the Potomac River and is well maintained. It has boat launch facilities, picnic tables, covered shelters, porta potties, open fields, plenty of parking. It also has overnight facilities and a water park.

21 attraction reviews
“Review of Volcano Waterpark”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

We came here at 4:30 pm on a Wednesday which was perfect timing as all of the summer day campers were boarding their buses to leave. It was our first time here so I wasn't sure what to expect. There are two pool areas, one for younger kids up to 9-10 years old where they play in 2 feet of water with a big play area and one of the buckets that dump water on them every few minutes. My younger kids loved it! Then there is a bigger pool that has a shallow end of 2 feet up to the deeper end of 5 feet. My 8 year olds had a blast going down the waterslides over and over for hours. My 12 year old hung out with me in the 5 feet and we enjoyed it and it wasn't overly crowded. They do have a snackbar although its mainly fried food so we brought food from home to eat. The pool areas were all clean. They have an open changing area in the bathrooms and showers but I was not happy with the way they were kept. It was dark and dirty looking so I plan on sending them a complaint. I would suggest to wear flip flops if you need to use the restroom. Overall my kids loved it so we plan on returning.

Visited July 2013