“Best Vietnamese Restaurant in N. VA.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #33 of 211 Restaurants in Sterling
Cuisines: Seafood, Noodle, Thai, Vietnamese
Sterling, VA
“Best Vietnamese Restaurant in N. VA.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My wife and I visited Taste of Vietname last weekend. I had #30 (grilled pork and rice) ($7) with a bowl of wonton soup ($4). My wife had the Pho ($7). This was one of the best meals I have had in months. The wontons were homemade and filled tight with shrimp. The pork was so tender that it fell apart on the plate. My wife thoroughly enjoyed her Pho. The owner greeted us as we left and asked why we have not visited them sooner. Very friendly! The entire bill was less than $25 including tip. They do have lunch specials M-F that are $5-7.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Charlottesville, Virginia
“Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Great price, great pho! Got it to-go and was pleasantly surprised the with amount of food for the price. Will definitely return.

Visited August 2012
Ashburn, Virginia
“excellent service and good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

They have very good beef noodles soup and good BBQ dishes. Definitely, we will come back again.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ashburn, Virginia
“One of my favorites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

I have been eating at this restaurant for over ten years. It is one of my favorites. Great value for lunch or dinner, hard to spend over $10.00 per person (excluding alcohol. Staff hasn't really changed in the last 10 years so the service is consistent. Must admit that I really like the grilled pork over vermicelli or the beef with lemongrass, so I haven't ordered a lot of other things on the menu. The appetizer platter is well worth $8 or so and includes marinated grilled beef, fried wanton, shrimp toast, spring roll and shrimp roll

• Visited November 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Herndon, Virginia
“Nice surprise, great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

What a pleasant surprise. We stopped in this humble strip mall restaurant before going to a movie at the Regal cinemas nearby. We’d planned to go to a fancier Thai restaurant but decided we didn’t have the time. We’re glad we discovered this place. We started with an appetizer sampler with a rice paper roll, chargrilled beef skewers, a spring roll, fried wonton and shrimp toast. I can’t vouch for the authenticity of Vietnamese food and suspect these dishes tilted a bit toward the American love of greasy things. They were delicious regardless. Ordered spicy beef strips in lemongrass with vegetables and rice. The spicy beef had a real kick. I was thankful I’d had crisp, cold 33 beer and a glass of ice water to go along with it. It’s one of the best dishes I’ve had in a while. The missus ordered charcoal grilled pork over vermicelli and vegetables, and declared it “a very tasty dish.’’ The bill came to about $30 before tip for the two of us. We’ll be back.

• Visited July 2011