“VERY poor experience” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #123 of 203 Restaurants in Sterling
Cuisines: Indian
“VERY poor experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Although this restaurant has been fine in the past, it was terrible when we went for takeout today. We ordered two lamb meals. One of the lamb dishes had hair throughout the dish. The second dish, which was supposed to be lamb, was mutton - it was all bones. I guess they had run out of lamb but didn't tell us. Both dishes were overly spiced. Although the side dishes were good, the main dishes were so bad, with one filled with hair, that we threw out the $35 of main dishes. I should mention that we have never before from any restaurant thrown out the main dish that was a takeaway.!

Visited March 2013

% Recommend
Maryland
“Better Indian in the area”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

For lunch today I went with some coworkers to Shalimar restaurant for a lunch buffet. Tucked away in a strip mall, I never would've known of or found this place on my own, but I'd argue that that's just as well. The lunch buffet was $9, and though the food was fresh and hot, I was disappointed that all the chicken, even the small pieces mixed into curries, had bones. The staff unfriendly, and nothing remarkable here. The region of Northern Virginia has a plethora of Indian Restaurants, some of them are absolutely fantastic, so in the future I will not patronize the Shalimar restaurant.

• Visited April 2012