“Love at First Bite” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Takeout
Leesburg, Virginia
“Love at First Bite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We, as a party of 7, visited Pomodoro's this weekend. We had been coaxed by my daughter's boyfriend to drive 15 miles to get the "best pizza in N. Virginia". Well, I don't know about that, but the restaurant is cozy and very Italian. Having just returned from Italy, the Italian artwork and artifacts warmed my heart.

You can grab a seat at one of many (fairly uncomfortable) wooden chairs or booths. There was plenty of space even on a Friday night. Orders are placed and paid for at the "place order here" counter and picked up when your number is called. As we were waiting for others to arrive from work, we made several trips to the counter for wine (fairly limited, mostly Italian selections), beer, fountain drinks and water. Wine by the glass was $5.95 and a generous pour in a small glass.

The pizza was excellent. We had the Margherita, pepperoni, and meat lovers. I had a Greek salad which was very large and delicious. Others at the table had pasta dishes which they raved about. The Ceasar Salad was also good.

I'm not sure I'd drive from Leesburg to Dulles too often for a pizza, but if I lived closer, this would definitely be on my short list. The owners were on site and kept everything under control. There were many dropping by to pick up pizzas to go.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Ashburn, Virginia
“Favorite Lunch Spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Quick, easy and good. Food is always good. Service is quick. The place does a good lunch business and the service is able to turn the tables and keep the place clean.

Visited August 2012