“You know those restaurants on TV, this should be one of them” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Mokomandy is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 187 Restaurants in Sterling
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Korean
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Algonkian Parkway
Transit: Great Falls Plaza - Loudoun County Commuter Bus
Description: Modern. Korean. Cajun.
Leesburg, VA
“You know those restaurants on TV, this should be one of them”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

We have eaten at Mokomandy now about 10 times. I can't say enough how wonderful the food is. Even though we've been there a good bit over a short few months, the menu has changed more than seasonally, they've brought back (they said it was gone for a while) a brunch menu that has even more yummy stuff on it. I have only been for dinner one time, but we've mostly been for brunch when there's a selection of both normal and brunch menu items. My son loves the Bison and Salmon dumpling plate. I love the egg dishes and the salmon brunch thing, everything is good, though. The wait staff are extraordinary, laid back and relaxed, very casual. They serve as a team, so you can ask anyone for anything which I like but some people might not be familiar with. The restaurant is small enough to be manageable by the two or three front of house people usually there. The ambiance of the strip mall may not be the best, but this place really classes it up. don't miss out on the automatic hand washing machine in the back outside the bathrooms. And try anything, it's all good.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“LOVE this restaurant , my favorite in all of northern Va”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

The food is top notch! Eclectic yummy dishes that are unique as well as tasting incredible, (the kale chips melt in your mouth )hip trendy atmosphere, servers and bartenders are fun,attentive, and knowledgable about the dishes and drinks , cool selection of beers and original cocktails, we tried a variety of the southern and Korean dishes , all delicious, plus yummy desserts and French press coffee

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Potomac Falls, Virginia
“Good Food at a Shoping Mall”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

The food quality and service were above average, but the servings were small so I came home and had another dessert. Atmosphere was nice, although tables were too close together; dining area, bar and reception area were all in one medium sized room. I had the impression I was in a fast-food dining room. I reside in the area so I expect to return for informal occasions.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent unique experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

This our second visit for our family to this unique restaurant in the Lowes Island neighborhood. The unique menu includes a series of "small plates" and larger selections for main courses. We started with the beef sliders and fried kale chips which were excellent. The custom crafted cocktails that we ordered were unique and great!!

The wait staff was attentive and well trained. The dining area is small with only a few tables. Make a reservation prior to coming.

Visited July 2014
Sterling, Virginia
“Rich in tastes and variety”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Neighbors and friends have been recommending this restaurant for months; I am very glad we finally made time to meet friends here for dinner. We ate Asian style, sharing every plate, so all four members of our party were able to sample an exciting mix of styles and flavors; every new small plate that arrived had another taste twist that we thoroughly enjoyed. After the first few plates it occurred to me what Korean and Cajun food have in common: spices. Fortunately for us, all of our party have a taste for spicy food; you won't care for this menu if you like your food bland. I highly recommend the jalapeno hush puppies (an old personal favorite), the kimchi pancakes, the Korean pot roast sliders, the wild boar bowl, and the P.E.I. mussels. All of these were loaded with complex flavors making for a delightful evening. Mokomandy boasts a very large, impressive list of alcohols. My companions and I particularly enjoyed the orange ginger rye cocktail. I can't say that their variation on a sazerac cocktail is an improvement over the New Orleans original recipe, but with so many other successes to the evening, this was no problem. The service was very pleasant and attentive. I thought the prices were quite reasonable for the amount and variety of high quality food and drink we enjoyed. Reservations are highly recommended as this is a small restaurant that was entirely full on a Friday night. It's a bustling place, adding to the excitement, but not a quiet, romantic dinner spot. We will definitely go again.

• Visited July 2014