“Good Food at a Shoping Mall” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Mokomandy is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 204 Restaurants in Sterling
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Korean
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Algonkian Parkway
Transit: Great Falls Plaza - Loudoun County Commuter Bus
Description: Modern. Korean. Cajun.
Potomac Falls, Virginia
“Good Food at a Shoping Mall”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

The food quality and service were above average, but the servings were small so I came home and had another dessert. Atmosphere was nice, although tables were too close together; dining area, bar and reception area were all in one medium sized room. I had the impression I was in a fast-food dining room. I reside in the area so I expect to return for informal occasions.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Excellent unique experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

This our second visit for our family to this unique restaurant in the Lowes Island neighborhood. The unique menu includes a series of "small plates" and larger selections for main courses. We started with the beef sliders and fried kale chips which were excellent. The custom crafted cocktails that we ordered were unique and great!!

The wait staff was attentive and well trained. The dining area is small with only a few tables. Make a reservation prior to coming.

Visited July 2014
Sterling, Virginia
“Rich in tastes and variety”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Neighbors and friends have been recommending this restaurant for months; I am very glad we finally made time to meet friends here for dinner. We ate Asian style, sharing every plate, so all four members of our party were able to sample an exciting mix of styles and flavors; every new small plate that arrived had another taste twist that we thoroughly enjoyed. After the first few plates it occurred to me what Korean and Cajun food have in common: spices. Fortunately for us, all of our party have a taste for spicy food; you won't care for this menu if you like your food bland. I highly recommend the jalapeno hush puppies (an old personal favorite), the kimchi pancakes, the Korean pot roast sliders, the wild boar bowl, and the P.E.I. mussels. All of these were loaded with complex flavors making for a delightful evening. Mokomandy boasts a very large, impressive list of alcohols. My companions and I particularly enjoyed the orange ginger rye cocktail. I can't say that their variation on a sazerac cocktail is an improvement over the New Orleans original recipe, but with so many other successes to the evening, this was no problem. The service was very pleasant and attentive. I thought the prices were quite reasonable for the amount and variety of high quality food and drink we enjoyed. Reservations are highly recommended as this is a small restaurant that was entirely full on a Friday night. It's a bustling place, adding to the excitement, but not a quiet, romantic dinner spot. We will definitely go again.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Berkeley, California
“Not what you might expect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

I was not sure what Korean Cajun combo would taste like and am still not sure. The combo sounds very intense especially if you like local style Kim Chee and tabasco-y Cajun. If that is what you are looking for you will be disappointed as the food is carefully conceived and quite complex. A table of 6, we sampled many of the offerings and they were super ! I especially liked the Kobe Carpaccio for its mixture of flavors and texture. The service was excellent, and you can speak to your party without shouting. If you are any where near Sterling it is well worth the drive.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sterling, Virginia
“Refined menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Has refined their menu over time-found what works and what didn't. Would like to see better selection of wines, also my red wine was served too warm.

• Visited June 2014