“Top-Notch Service” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Mokomandy is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 203 restaurants in Sterling
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Korean
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Algonkian Parkway
Transit: Great Falls Plaza - Loudoun County Commuter Bus
Description: Modern. Korean. Cajun.
New York City, New York
“Top-Notch Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

My family and I stayed in Sterling, VA for a night from NYC. We visited Mokomandy after reading the wonderful reviews. The restaurant is quite contemporary and fashionable, with comfortable aluminum chairs and lots of mirrors. The menu has a solid mix of Korean and Cajun foods. You can order small plates, medium plates or large plates-- great for mixing and matching.

I've never had such outstanding and caring service before in an upscale restaurant. The waiter made a mistake with my order. When we (casually) mentioned the mistake, he immediately told the head chef/owner, who came out to apologize for the mistake, and immediately rectified the situation.

It was amazing because we very casually mentioned the mistake (I was too busy eating the other delicious entrees to really be bothered), yet the staff has a proactive policy to rectify any problems. The owner made us feel welcome and at home. I think this is the mark of a wonderful restaurant, and highly recommend it to any one in the area.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

94% Recommend
Sterling, Virginia, United States
“Simply a total sensory delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Lived in Sterling for 16 years and I have finally found a restaurant that rivals places I have been to around the globe. It is a very small space hidden in a rather non descript strip mall in Sterling, Va. The restaurant is beautifully designed in contemporary fashion with large comfortable chairs. It feels clean and inviting. Our server was very efficient and friendly. This restaurant has only been here for 3 years but the word is absolutely out and you will need a reservation. I love great food but I really appreciate food presentation. The menu is only one page long and I appreciate that they are not trying to create so many dishes that they lose their unique style. The food was light and you could taste the freshness. We even had room for desert which never happens! I will recommend this restaurant highly to anyone who appreciates fine food, beautiful presentation and affordable prices!!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Harwich, Massachusetts
“One of the few things we miss about NoVa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I should have written this review before but it's been a busy year. We moved from NoVa to MA last year. Where we are now living has some wonderful restaurants but we really, really, really miss Mokomandy. We probably ate there 5 or 6 times in the year before we moved. Everything is exceptional. It's the kind of place where you really don't want to eat all day so you have room for all the exquisite (but rich) food. I can't say what our favorite was because everything is so good...maybe the fois gras dumplings or the scallop BLT. Do try the snacks and sides just to experience them. We became addicted to the Fried Kale Chips. The service was always wonderful. This is truly a one of a kind gem. Can't wait to go visit family so we can have dinner here.

• Visited September 2012
Herndon, Virginia
“Not a burger in sight! :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Beguiling mix of Cajun and Korean, Mokomandy offers an extremely unusual menu and delivers delightfully different tastes. The menu is divided into three sizes of portions plus a selection of tasters (DO try the cracklins, best ever) and so one is able to pace the meal without filling up on an overly large first course. An unusual and comprehensive beer list is also offered.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Herndon, Virginia
“Different and Creative Dinning”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We went to this restaurant for the first time and it left me with mixed feelings. The concept is novel; mixing different styles of foods. The tastes were unique and mostly satisfying. The portions were uniquely sized offering a variety of appetite options. The atmosphere was modern and clean. The service was congenial and efficient. I guess what hit me the hardest was the price. It seemed as if the price was a little steep for the food we ate. We will try it again. MAke sure to have reservations if you want to go on a Saturday.

• Visited May 2013