“Well worth it” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Mokomandy is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 190 Restaurants in Sterling
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Asian, Korean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Algonkian Parkway
Transit: Great Falls Plaza - Loudoun County Commuter Bus
Description: Modern. Korean. Cajun.
Leesburg, Virginia
“Well worth it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The food here is both eclectic and creative. The menu is concise yet offers a wealth of variation. Their "speciality" drinks offer local distillates and are as creative as the food.

Mokomandy is truly non-pretentious and is fit for a family - including very small children. Off the top of my head I can think of no other restaurant of this calibre that offers a true children menu.

Unfortunately, for all sunshine a little rain must fall. In this case it was raining coffee. The French Pressed coffee was literally putrid. I think something just went wrong in the process and I doubt strongly this is status quo. Such a sad ending to an otherwise phenomenal experience.

I shall return.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Sterling, Virginia
“Lucky to live around the corner from this place...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Lucky to live right around the corner from this restaurant. This has become our favorite date night place to go. Everything on the menu is delicious and love the fusion of flavors from asian and southern cuisines.

Visited November 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Creative Cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

Fantastic food, great service and truely innovative cocktails. We had many things on the menu. All were exceptional and I particularly liked the deviled eggs and jambalia.

Be sure to get a reservation as we saw multiple walk in parties turned away.

Great Falls, Virginia
“Wonderful asian, cajun food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We started with the korean pot roast sliders..yummmmy. Then we moved onto the fried oysters....loved the sauce. Then I had the bulgogi....wonderful. My husband had the wild boar and LOVED it. The drinks were very inventive. The staff was wonderully helpful with the menu.

• Visited October 2012
Northern Virginia
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We did the recommended sharing. We ordered 3 entrees (one of each size) and 3 desserts, because we couldn't choose. We started with the Kobe Carpaccio. It was super fine shaved beef with sprouts, pine nuts and pears. There was some kind of sauce that was absolutely delicious. After, we got the Modern Korean Scallops. This was easily the best dish that we tasted tonight. The scallops were cooked perfectly. The sweet potato! I can even believe a sweet potato could taste like that. The kochu mayonnaise was completely unnecessary and we left it on the plate. The third thing was the Steak frites. The steak was perfectly cooked, but was a little bland. The bok choy was delicious. The carrots were yummy. The sweet potato fries were amazing, especially the ones that were in the red wine reduction.

The desserts, we got the beignets, which taste like the ones I make at home. Yay! We also got the Gateau de Sirop. It was cake with sort of burnt sugar layers. Absolutely delicious. It was topped with apple sauce and ice cream with a touch of pepper on top. Whoever came up with this dish is my new hero. The third dessert was Chocolate, caramel, chicory. I didn't expect to like this, because I don't like coffee, but it was really good. It was the chicory pudding with dollops of cream and homemade dark chocolate salted caramels. Yum. Our bill (with no drinks, because we got water) was $72. It was a bit pricy, but for the freshness and quality, it was worth it.

• Visited November 2012