“Excellent and Efficient!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   21611 Atlantic Boulevard, Sterling, VA 20166   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Dulles Golf Package
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Sterling
“Excellent and Efficient!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My first time at a DoubleTree-- loved the warm and yummy chocolate cookie given at check-in (much appreciated after a long flight)! I had an overnight layover at Dulles after 20+ hours of flying and was looking for a couple hours of rest before the next early morning flight. As such, I appreciated the efficiency of the check-in, the punctuality of the half hourly complimentary shuttle van, the excellent service all round, and the soft bed with fluffy pillows. The crabtree & evelyn amenities were a nice touch. Its about 10 minutes to Dulles and the shuttle drops each guest off at the curb closest to their airline. I left refreshed, rested and ready for more travelling.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Anna L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Good Day Emaleth,

Your review makes me a proud leader. We take pride in delivering exemplary service and hope to make every guest write about their experience with us. Your thoughts are well received and we hope to have you with us again in the near future. I am also delighted that you enjoyed the "cookie" it is our greatest attribute.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Carmel, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

For a business traveler this is an excellent hotel. The location and the price is makes this hotel a place to use on return trips. Easy access to parking. The only change I would make is the location of the Fitness Center, did not like going through the Lobby for access. Need more treadmills in the Fitness Center.

Hello Joyce N,

Thank you for the review of our hotel. I can certainly understand the preference of going to the gym without crossing the lobby. I have noticed how busy it can be during certain times of the day. I am not sure if you would be interested in leaving the hotel, but in addition to our fitness space, we are fortunate to be in close proximity to the local LA Fitness facility as well. They have daily passes available for local guests as an alternative. We also have a courtesy shuttle service that can take you to local businesses that are within a 5 mile radius. As always, I appreciate your feedback and look forward to having you as our guest in the future.

West Chester, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I love staying at the DoubleTree Sterling-Dulles. Apparently so do others as it books up real fast. The experience is consistently top notch, from when I first arrive, to breakfast and checking out. Also, if I have any particular need, the front desk staff takes care of it. They don't have to have a concierge desk like other hotels do since the front desk is like a concierge desk.

Good Day Mark S,

Our team has been working to improve the availability of amenities for our travelers and it makes me happy to hear how the team is using this information to create a pleasurable stay for our guests. I appreciate your review and thank you for your continued loyalty. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you with a future stay.

west hollywood, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

first three stay, my room was over looking the hotel dumpsters in the rear - noisy and at night too much light reflected into my room, Secondly, the shower water flow is E X T R E M E L Y very very low flowing...not happy

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Anna L, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Good Day Robert G,

Our goal at the DoubleTree by Hilton is to “wow” you with outstanding service and upon leaving the hotel we hope each and every guest can state that they have had the perfect stay. Sadly, we have failed to deliver your expectations. We take our role seriously in providing an environment where you feel comfortable, safe, productive and happy while conducting business away from home or simply a leisure trip in Sterling, Va. I wanted to contact you to apologize for the unfortunate situation you experienced during your stay at our hotel. I have personally gone to your room to ensure everything is functioning to your expectation and I would be happy to further discuss possible resolutions if you have additional time while you are with us.

Yvonne Hart
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

As a program manager at MCD, it is clear to me that we have made an excellent decision to keep our team at The Doubletree in Sterling, VA. I frequent this hotel quite often along with my employees and checking in late in the evening, I am always taken care of by the front desk staff and accommodated in a fashion that makes me feel welcome, appreciated and at home. More often than not I am greeted by a gentleman named Abdi. He has always shown excellent service which is a key reason why my employees are happy to stay here as opposed to our previous contract with Marriott. If you seek professionalism, courtesy, and gratitude, I strong recommend the leisure traveler and business traveler alike to stay at the Doubletree in Sterling.

Thanks to the restaurant waiting staff for always accommodating our morning breakfast requests. My guys deeply appreciate it. Also we truly appreciate the house keeping staff who does an excellent job keeping our rooms clean and tidy.

• Stayed August 2014
Anna L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this review, August 17, 2014
Dear Mr. Fahd Z,

Words can not express the gratitude we have for your review regarding our property. It created the best feeling within at the start of my day. We are proud to host the M.C. Dean group and look forward to continuing the relationship. Please don't hesitate to let me know if there is anything that can be done to assist you in the future. I appreciate your feedback and will be sure to share your thoughts with Abdi. He is a truly awesome member of the team.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

I highly recommend this place . very clean and comfortable. The staff are very professional and super welcoming. I had a small issue during my stay, as soon as I reported it the staff were all over the issue until it was resolved.my thanks to all of you who were involved in solving the problem , especially Ahsan. Thanks again

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Anna L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thank you so very much, Mark H, for your most kind review. The Team will be pleased to read your comments; I know that Ahsan will be extra-proud! We strive for excellence; however, if we are unable to achieve it, service recovery is in our hands. I am glad that we made it right for you.

Thank YOU, Mark H, for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Sterling - Dulles Airport.
State College, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

This DoubleTree was a refreshing change from our lackluster (and filthy) stay at their Pittsburgh-Airport location. The location here in Sterling was, for the most part, exactly what a DoubleTree is all about. The only complaint I can think of is that on the evening we arrived, finding a parking space was difficult, and we seemed to have to penetrate deep into the "park and fly" section of the lot. To be fair, showing up at 10pm on a Friday at any hotel usually isn't a parking pleasure.

The lobby is clean and modern. Yes, I got a cookie at check in. I don't really understand the cookie, but I'm not going to tell someone who wants to give me chocolate to not give me chocolate.

Our room was very nice. The furniture was in good shape. The bed was incredibly comfortable with immaculately clean white linens. The bathroom was wonderful. I loved the large, walk-in shower stall. I would love to have that in my home. The toiletries were excellent (the conditioner did more for my hair than my own does).

Pool closes at 10pm so we never got to check it out. Probably for the best because of the hoards of teenagers in the hotel, staying for a softball tournament. But, to the credit of the hotel, you'd never know the place was full of teenagers once out of the public areas.

I think a hidden gem of this hotel is the room service. For room service, I felt the prices and fees were incredibly reasonable for exceptional food.

When visiting the DC area, I usually stay out in the Reston-Herdon-Sterling area. Next time I'm out that way, this hotel will be a natural contender. Plus, unlike the Westins I normally stay at out here, the DoubleTree has complementary wireless internet. That sets it apart from so many of the other upscale chains.

Great work, folks! Looking forward to a future stay!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Anna L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear Eightwednesday,

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! We have received great reviews before, nothing so well written and specific. I truly appreciate you taking the time to tell everyone about your experience. This review makes me proud of my team and happy to be a member of a great work environment. It is the glue that holds us together.

Thank you for being our spokewoman.

Kindly,

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!