“I arrived very late in the night....” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   21611 Atlantic Boulevard, Sterling, VA 20166   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$50 Gift Card Offer
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Sterling
Lithonia, United States
“I arrived very late in the night....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

I arrived late and there was no one at the desk ... my first thoughts were "oh boy here we go...". Within 5 min. I was in my room with a smile on my face! Everything was great during my 2 night stay. The best sleep away from home that I have experienced in some time ... I think it was the feathered pillows!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Anna L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Good Evening Lisa M,

Thank you for your review. When I first began reading your review, I was worried! The last thing we would ever want is to not deliver great service to our guest. I can appreciate your thoughts about the bed as this is something most guests enjoy during their visits with us. I apologize for you having to wait while the agent returned to the desk. This is not customary for our location. Again, I am excited that the interaction was above and beyond your expectations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Ciudad Real, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

We highly recommend this hotel. We stayed 3 nights and we will definitively go back again. This hotel is very clean, the rooms are spacious and the beds were very comfortable. The staff was GREAT! friendly and very professional!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Dear MT Campbell,

Thank you for recognizing our great service provided during your stay. We have a wonderful team ready and willing to help you at any time. I am glad you enjoyed the bed. They are our crown of glory. We thank you for review.

Rowlett, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

The water pressure in the shower was terrible and added at least 10 minutes every morning for my shower just to get soap out of my hair. We originally had another reservation for 3 extra nights under my husbands name because he flew in Thursday. I cancelled the whole reservation because of the water pressure and we moved to another hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Anna L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
I sincerely regret, Vi M, our inability to meet your expectations during your stay with us. We are proud of our levels of services and amenities; however, we failed to represent our best to you. Our shower heads are low-flow without sacrificing a great shower experience. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Feedback is critical in order to achieve the greatest satisfaction possible of our guests. We hope that we have another opportunity to show you our very best.

Yours in Hospitality.
ta101
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Stayed in a suite, which was quite large and nicely appointed. The room is modern in design and was clean. However, the water pressure left a lot to be desired. It was a dribble at best, and that alone would deter me from staying at this property. If water pressure is not a concern, the hotel is worth staying at, with a convenient location to Dulles airport.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Ta101,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your visit with us. It's always great to hear how or service impacts our guests. I apologize for the lack of water pressure in the shower. I agree the suite is well appointed. We are trying out a new shower head to improve water efficiency and I a was not aware that it was causing dissatisfaction for our guests. I will look into anothe option for our rooms. Your feedback is appreciated and I look forward to an opportunity to serve you in the future.

Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

The Doubletree is a fine hotel. When I needed an accomodation adjustment, Gabby handled it like an old pro. She pointed out the amenities and highly endorsed the breakfast. She was very congenial and ha a 24 carat smile. If you ever need someone to diffuse a disgruntled guest, I would recommend her. In addition I cannot say nough good things about the entire staff and facility. You are 5 star to me.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be good.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Good Day Damron B,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your stay with us. I am happy to hear that you received great service during your stay. I will be sure to share your feedback with Gabriella. She will be happy to hear your thoughts. As always, we appreciate your feedback and thank you for your continued loyalty.

Sterling, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I just checked in to this hotel tonight and did not receive a cookie, but that was the least of the issues. I reserved this room via Priceline for my girlfriend and I to get away for the weekend. She could not sleep on the bed due to her having a bad back. The mattress was just a bit too firm. When I went to the front desk to ask for a roll away for her, I was told that there wasn't any. Had we known this, we would have cancelled and found a different hotel for us to stay at. While this is a beautiful hotel, I was expecting better considering it carries the Hilton name. This is a perfect hotel to stay at if you're here for business, but definitely NOT a hotel to stay at if you want a romantic weekend away. Next time we plan a getaway, we will be finding another hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Anna L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
I am so very sorry, David M, that we failed to meet your expectations. Cookies are our #1 way of saying welcome! Our beds are one of the reasons that guests keep coming back to our hotel; however, I can understand that their firmness can provide discomfort to someone with back conditions. The dimensions of the rooms and the size of the bed do not allow for a rollaway bed, unfortunately. Thank you for commenting on the beauty of the hotel; however, I am disappointed that we could not provide you with a great getaway. Both guests on business and pleasure enjoy the hotel. My hope is that my staff can make up the difference in the 24 hours remaining in your stay!

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

My wife and I arrived recently at the Double Tree Hilton in Sterling, VA, after a very long flight from Europe. We had arranged to park our car there but had not planned to stay. Upon arrival, however, we were exhausted and in no shape to face the rush hour DC traffic to get home to Baltimore. Mr Ahsan was at the front desk and understood our plight immediately. He made very reasonable arrangements for us to rest until late in the evening when we were able to resume our journey. Because of his great kindness the end of our journey - a potential disaster - was made as pleasant as the rest of our trip. Thank you, Mr. Ahsan. We will certainly consider staying at a Hilton again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
What a wonderful review, Charles K! Ahsan will be thrilled! I am so very glad to hear that he took such stellar care of you. Travel is already tough these days. Add to it a few other factors and it can be even more trying. I am so pleased that Ahsan recognized your needs. Thoguh there is only one Ahsan, there are Hiltons all over the world that will take great care of you.

Yours in Hospitality -

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!