“Best Hotel In Sterling” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport
Ranked #5 of 15 hotels in Sterling
Whitney Point, New York
“Best Hotel In Sterling”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My company has an office in Sterling, VA and I often have to work there for anywhere from a couple of days to a week or more. I have tried several different hotels in the area and after my first stay at the Double Tree I have never stayed anywhere else in Sterling. This hotel is top notch first class. I happen to be a Hilton HHonors Diamond member and I've never stayed at any hotel in any chain that does more to recognize their regular guests. This Double Tree has a special hospitality area on the 6th floor that provides free hot snacks and various wines and beers every night from 5:00 to 7:00. This floor is only accessible to those HHonors members whose room keys have been coded for the elevator to allow access to the 6th floor. They also provide a special breakfast on the 6th floor every morning. Higher level HHonors members can also be placed in rooms on the 6th floor which have little perks such as nice bathrobes and slippers. The dining area also provides excellent breakfasts which are free for higher level HHonors members. I've eaten very good dinners there in the evening too for reasonable prices. One thing that really stands out in my mind is the incredible staff at this hotel. Without exception I have found them all to be very courteous and helpful. Two staff members I am particularly fond of are a father-son team, Jose and David, who work the breakfast room every morning. It is staff like these two who put a friendly face on the entire hotel. I have also spent time at the bar in this hotel and again found the staff to be very friendly. The bar has lower Happy Hour prices every night until 7:00 and they have a nice variety of beers on tap including some excellent craft beers. In summary I'd just like to say I really wish I could find a hotel like this one in every city I spend time in.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

322 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Sterling, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Second year in a row where our girls travel softball team had another good stay. Check in/out went quick, smooth, and courteous. Breakfast was fantastic and the rooms were very clean. In particular the bed was the most comfortable in recent memory. Good job DoubleTree!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I cannot say enough great things about this hotel and the staff!!! I planned a family reunion and selected this hotel for a number of reasons. The sales staff was very responsive and professional throughout the planning process. They accomodated our requirements to the best of their ability and did so with a smile. Prior to our family reunion I had stayed at this location for a holiday party and was very impressed so I knew this would be an ideal venue for our family reunion. It's close to shopping areas and other fun activities which made our experience even more enjoyable! I received a lot of positive feedback from my family during and after our family reunion. Everyone really enjoyed their stay. We all loved the very comfortable beds! You all have also done a great job w/ the decor in the hotel. Everything was just lovely the entire weekend! All of the hotel staff when above and beyond to take care of us during our stay. We had a blast we and thank you for helping to make our 4 day weekend one to remember! I will definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay for business or pleasure and will also recommend this location for anyone needing to host an event in the NOVA area!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Anna L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this review, 3 days ago
There are no words to express how very happy your survey has made me and my Team, JholleyJ! Family reunions are wonderful times that should be remembered for many reasons. If our hotel is just one tiny reason, we succeeded in our goal. Thank you for all of your comments about the sales Team, our service, the beds, and more. It was certainly our pleasure to welcome you and all of your family members into "our home".

We are so very thankful that you chose the DoubleTree by Hilton Sterling - Dulles Airport.
Kokomo, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This is an amazing hotel on all levels. The staff was pleasant and helpful, rooms clean, beds cozy, everything worked well and was in great condition. They run a shuttle to Dulles airport, which is helpful. Highly recommended.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

What an amazing review, Edward V! Thank you for your kind words and compliments. We are thrilled that you found our property to be service-focused and welcoming in every aspect. We recommend that you return to us in the near future!

Until then, we thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Sterling - Dulles Airport.
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We loved the hotel! We opted for a larger king size room on the executive floor. The price was the same as a regular room with AAA discount. When we arrived at the hotel, I realized I booked the wrong date! They adjusted it for me with no problem! We had to ask for a crib though and they were super busy. It took about an hour to get a crib (it was 10pm). When the crib arrived, it was SMALL and the mattress didn't fit properly. Because we were so tired, we just let it go and did the best we could with what we were given. The crib rails also looked dirty (although the mattress was clean). The beds in the hotel were very comfortable. We loved the robes! They comped our breakfast the next morning (not sure if this is common or not). We really appreciated that extra special touch. I was disappointed that I didn't get a cookie upon check-in (because they were cooking - oh well) Overall, a great stay! I would stay there again!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you, Heidi W, for your time and observations in your recent survey. Whenever possible, we like to upgrade our guests on the secured 6th floor as it is a great way to enjoy "just a little bit more". I am glad that the hotel staff accommodated your date change. I was disappointed in the details that you mentioned about the crib; while they are brand-standard, it is unacceptable to find it in the condition in which you did. I am sorry that a warm cookie welcome was not available upon your arrival. Return to our location, or any DoubleTree, and the staff would be happy to provide you with a double-portion!

Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Sterling - Dulles Airport.
Chino Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I want to applaud the following staff at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport:

Yvonne Hart - Operations Mgr.
Nuria
Kendra
Gabby
Raven
Ahsan
Aretha
Abbi
Jose
and the entire Shuttle Service Crew Drivers...

The hotel staff has ensured that my stay at the hotel during the entire month of July was flawless and uneventful. The attention given to me and my needs from the moment walking through the double doors to changing my rooms on a weekly basis...the services were excellent. I will continue to use the DoubleTree for future stays and recommend the hotel to my business colleagues and friends for future stays.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Anna L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this review, 5 days ago
What an incredibly wonderful review, Ciphersync! Thank you especially for your detailed recount of the Team members that have helped you during your stays. We are proud of the services provided at the hands of our service champions. We are appreciative of your talking us up with your business colleagues; we will surely provide them with the same stellar service.

Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Sterling - Dulles Airport.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The stay couldn't be better without the exceptional customer services of NURIA. She was great the moment we checked me in the property. The rooms were clean and spotless. Whenever in town will surly come back. Thanks NURIA !!

Good Day Steve O,

I hope your day is off to as great a start as ours was after seeing your feedback! I appreciate you taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. I am happy to know our team is engaging and impressing our guest. I appreciate your continued loyalty and look forward to having you as our guest in the future.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!