“Pleasant and professional staff, very nice room, mediocre breakfast” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   21611 Atlantic Boulevard, Sterling, VA 20166   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Park & Fly
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Sterling
Boston, United States
“Pleasant and professional staff, very nice room, mediocre breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

My stay was very nice except for the mediocre breakfast I had at the hotel restaurant the morning I checked out. I ordered a Belgian waffle which did not taste very fresh and did not automatically come with the accompaniments stated in the menu. The waiter, however, was very attentive and satisfied my requests promptly and politely. My husband was satisfied with the French Toast he ordered. The two staff members who assisted with check-in were extremely pleasant. Even though our encounter was brief, they made me feel confident that the hotel would be attentive if I needed anything. I wish I had gotten the staff members' names because I cannot emphasize enough how nice it was to do business with them. My room was neat and clean, and overall nicer than expected. I rated the "sleep quality" as "very good" instead of "excellent" because the pillows were too soft for my taste. Otherwise, the bed was very comfortable and well-appointed.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Anna L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Dear Jennifer W,

Thank you for taking the time provide a review regarding your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton. We appreciate the comments you made about our service here at the hotel during check in and I am glad we were able to make you feel at home. I apologize that your order was not as advertised on the menu, but we are working towards ensuring there is more consistency in menu preparation.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Sofia, Bulgaria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Everything works as a Swiss clok there. The management is top notch. The service excellent. The whole hotel feels brand new, probably is, and even the food in the lobby is amazing. Very close to the airport and a shopping center

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Hell BMiltchev,

Thank your for a rave review. I and elated that you enjoyed the amenities on the executive level. We recently made some changes to the selections being offered and I am glad it was impactful during your stay. I look forward to having you as our guest in the future.

Kindly,
Manhattan Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Great stay, check in went smooth, friendly desk, free happy hour very nice, got there right before it ended, host stayed for about a half hour after it ended to make sure we were done. also so very helpful. room was prefect, clean, comfortable, nice restaurant onsite.

Room Tip: put us on the higher floor less noise..
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Anna L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you, Sparkyy61, for a very complimentary review of the DoubleTree by Hilton Sterling - Dulles Airport. Starting off a trip and being able to reflect back with words such as "perfect", "friendly" and "clean" sets the bar that hopefully the remainder of your travels will bring to you, as well. We try hard to make each guest's experience outstanding; we are glad that it was a great start to your time on the road.

Enjoy the rest of your East Coast trip!
New Milford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I'm not normally too thrilled about hotels with the word airport the name, but this was a nice, clean, good looking (for lack of a better word) hotel. I chose this hotel because it was an option through a race website. We were visiting this area for the VA wine country half marathon for a 3 night stay. I don't know where the airport was but I didn't see/hear one plane. The gym is up to date, clean, small but enough room to get a good workout in. The pool, clean, on the small side. The hot tub didn't look too appealing; that's my only complaint. Rooms are a good size, clean, and beds-so comfortable. Restaurant and bar look inviting. Outdoor seating available which was perfect since it's beautiful weather this time of year. Perfect location to stay of you are doing wine tours. No shortage of shopping/eateries in the surrounding area. I would 100% recommend.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
SainiC, we are so very impressed with the level of detail that you provided regarding your recent stay with us. I apologize that the whirlpool did not meet your expectations, however, we are thrilled that every other area of the hotel was a positive experience. The DoubleTree by Hilton Sterling - Dulles Airport is perfectly located from wineries, shopping, dining, and more exploration.

Here's to your and your future runs! Good luck!
Willis, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great rate, hotel service was great, made you feel welcome. It could use more elevators, the circular design made for a lot of walking, not that its a bad thing, but after the long drive, you really aren't in the mood.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Anna L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
We appreciate your review, Al B. We hope to be able to provide great service and welcoming team members to you each and every visit. We firmly believe that we provide great rates and even greater value. Thank you for choosing our location and for taking the time to complete a review.

We hope to see you again soon!
Marlboro, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

There's not a lot of walking around room but the king bed was comfortable..and the bathroom was roomy. Best of all the towels were large and plentiful! Some hotels skimp on towels and they're barely large enough to dry you off. These were great! There was free coffee in the lobby and a warm cookie waiting for us at check in.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
A warm DoubleTree Chocolate Chip Cookie awaits all who stay at the many DoubleTree locations all around the world! We are thrilled that you experienced a comfortable night's rest.

We appreciate your very kind comments and hope that you will return to the DoubleTree by Hilton Sterling - Dulles Airport in the near future!
Abingdon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Room & Front Desk - GREAT - Bed was awesome Restaurant was Terrible. At 7pm very few quests in restaurant and my family of 4 just ordered easy stuff like burgers. An HOUR later our food comes, order was wrong, my kids start crying they are so hungry. Should have went to Burger King. Food Service was BAD

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you, Brian R, for your honest review of all hotel services. Though I was glad to read that your Room and Front Desk services were great, I was equally disappointed that the Restaurant service fell short of both your and my expectations. I will review your comments with the Food & Beverage Team as customer comments are paramount to our understanding and achieving service perfection.

Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Sterling - Dulles Airport. We hope we can be provided a second chance to provide you with a spectacular dining experience.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling
Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport
Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades
HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
Courtyard by Marriott Dulles Town Center
Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling
Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!