“Jem in the whole area” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport
Ranked #5 of 15 hotels in Sterling
Sofia, Bulgaria
“Jem in the whole area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Everything works as a Swiss clok there. The management is top notch. The service excellent. The whole hotel feels brand new, probably is, and even the food in the lobby is amazing. Very close to the airport and a shopping center

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Anna L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Hell BMiltchev,

Thank your for a rave review. I and elated that you enjoyed the amenities on the executive level. We recently made some changes to the selections being offered and I am glad it was impactful during your stay. I look forward to having you as our guest in the future.

Kindly,

318 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Manhattan Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Great stay, check in went smooth, friendly desk, free happy hour very nice, got there right before it ended, host stayed for about a half hour after it ended to make sure we were done. also so very helpful. room was prefect, clean, comfortable, nice restaurant onsite.

Room Tip: put us on the higher floor less noise..
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Anna L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you, Sparkyy61, for a very complimentary review of the DoubleTree by Hilton Sterling - Dulles Airport. Starting off a trip and being able to reflect back with words such as "perfect", "friendly" and "clean" sets the bar that hopefully the remainder of your travels will bring to you, as well. We try hard to make each guest's experience outstanding; we are glad that it was a great start to your time on the road.

Enjoy the rest of your East Coast trip!
New Milford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I'm not normally too thrilled about hotels with the word airport the name, but this was a nice, clean, good looking (for lack of a better word) hotel. I chose this hotel because it was an option through a race website. We were visiting this area for the VA wine country half marathon for a 3 night stay. I don't know where the airport was but I didn't see/hear one plane. The gym is up to date, clean, small but enough room to get a good workout in. The pool, clean, on the small side. The hot tub didn't look too appealing; that's my only complaint. Rooms are a good size, clean, and beds-so comfortable. Restaurant and bar look inviting. Outdoor seating available which was perfect since it's beautiful weather this time of year. Perfect location to stay of you are doing wine tours. No shortage of shopping/eateries in the surrounding area. I would 100% recommend.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
SainiC, we are so very impressed with the level of detail that you provided regarding your recent stay with us. I apologize that the whirlpool did not meet your expectations, however, we are thrilled that every other area of the hotel was a positive experience. The DoubleTree by Hilton Sterling - Dulles Airport is perfectly located from wineries, shopping, dining, and more exploration.

Here's to your and your future runs! Good luck!
Willis, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great rate, hotel service was great, made you feel welcome. It could use more elevators, the circular design made for a lot of walking, not that its a bad thing, but after the long drive, you really aren't in the mood.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Anna L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
We appreciate your review, Al B. We hope to be able to provide great service and welcoming team members to you each and every visit. We firmly believe that we provide great rates and even greater value. Thank you for choosing our location and for taking the time to complete a review.

We hope to see you again soon!
Marlboro, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

There's not a lot of walking around room but the king bed was comfortable..and the bathroom was roomy. Best of all the towels were large and plentiful! Some hotels skimp on towels and they're barely large enough to dry you off. These were great! There was free coffee in the lobby and a warm cookie waiting for us at check in.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
A warm DoubleTree Chocolate Chip Cookie awaits all who stay at the many DoubleTree locations all around the world! We are thrilled that you experienced a comfortable night's rest.

We appreciate your very kind comments and hope that you will return to the DoubleTree by Hilton Sterling - Dulles Airport in the near future!
Abingdon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Room & Front Desk - GREAT - Bed was awesome Restaurant was Terrible. At 7pm very few quests in restaurant and my family of 4 just ordered easy stuff like burgers. An HOUR later our food comes, order was wrong, my kids start crying they are so hungry. Should have went to Burger King. Food Service was BAD

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you, Brian R, for your honest review of all hotel services. Though I was glad to read that your Room and Front Desk services were great, I was equally disappointed that the Restaurant service fell short of both your and my expectations. I will review your comments with the Food & Beverage Team as customer comments are paramount to our understanding and achieving service perfection.

Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Sterling - Dulles Airport. We hope we can be provided a second chance to provide you with a spectacular dining experience.
Mint Hill, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

I've stayed at this property several times over the course of several years since it first opened and I must say that until now I've always been pleased and satisfied, however this last visit was a big disappointment. The upkeep of the common areas was sorely lacking with the halls not being vacuumed during my entire stay from Thur to Sun. The elevator lobbies had dirt piles on the floor the entire time as well and the safety bar located in my room's shower was coming off the wall and full of mold. When I arrived one of the elevators was not working and the one that was did not seem safe, it stopped at my floor and I had to step up to get off. The main lobby floors were also not mopped. The television stopped working on Thursday night and when I called down to the lobby I was told it was because it was raining and that when the rain stopped it would be back on. This is the first time staying here that I felt let down and I got the impression that the staff was just doing a job and really did not care. It was a completely different experience based on the level of service received in years past. As a Hilton Silver Honors member I was disappointed and expected better from a property that I know has delivered better in the past.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Anna L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Chellester,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced in respect to the quality of your room and the service during your stay.

At the DoubleTree by Hilton Sterling, we take pride in ensuring our customer’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations in cleanliness and upkeep. Upon thorough review of the situation, we narrowed the cause to the need for additional training of staff. As a testament to strive for perfection, we have taken steps to ensure that this will never happen again.

In these situations, it is unfortunate, but necessary to ensure the safety of all guests. I do thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and I’m very thankful that you are willing to give us another opportunity to deliver a comfortable night’s sleep without disturbance. I can certainly appreciate the need for rest and appreciate your willingness to let us know where we can improve our service. We deeply value your relationship and are committed to providing you with the highest level of service simply because our customers deserve the very best.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling
Quiet, Budget...
Mid-range, Pool...
Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
Restaurant, Mid...
Courtyard by Marriott Dulles Town Center

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!