“Disappointed in the upkeep of this once fabulous property” 3 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   21611 Atlantic Boulevard, Sterling, VA 20166   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Dulles Golf Package
Ranked #5 of 15 hotels in Sterling
Mint Hill, North Carolina
“Disappointed in the upkeep of this once fabulous property”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

I've stayed at this property several times over the course of several years since it first opened and I must say that until now I've always been pleased and satisfied, however this last visit was a big disappointment. The upkeep of the common areas was sorely lacking with the halls not being vacuumed during my entire stay from Thur to Sun. The elevator lobbies had dirt piles on the floor the entire time as well and the safety bar located in my room's shower was coming off the wall and full of mold. When I arrived one of the elevators was not working and the one that was did not seem safe, it stopped at my floor and I had to step up to get off. The main lobby floors were also not mopped. The television stopped working on Thursday night and when I called down to the lobby I was told it was because it was raining and that when the rain stopped it would be back on. This is the first time staying here that I felt let down and I got the impression that the staff was just doing a job and really did not care. It was a completely different experience based on the level of service received in years past. As a Hilton Silver Honors member I was disappointed and expected better from a property that I know has delivered better in the past.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Anna L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Chellester,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced in respect to the quality of your room and the service during your stay.

At the DoubleTree by Hilton Sterling, we take pride in ensuring our customer’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations in cleanliness and upkeep. Upon thorough review of the situation, we narrowed the cause to the need for additional training of staff. As a testament to strive for perfection, we have taken steps to ensure that this will never happen again.

In these situations, it is unfortunate, but necessary to ensure the safety of all guests. I do thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and I’m very thankful that you are willing to give us another opportunity to deliver a comfortable night’s sleep without disturbance. I can certainly appreciate the need for rest and appreciate your willingness to let us know where we can improve our service. We deeply value your relationship and are committed to providing you with the highest level of service simply because our customers deserve the very best.

324 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Virginia Beach, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

The service was great. the room was ready on time and very clean. The breakfast was good. It was ideal location for my visit. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Anna L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Good Day John F,

Thank you for the praise posted on Tripadvisor! I will be sure to share your feedback with the team. It's good to know when we leave a great impression on our guests. As always, I appreciate your feedback and look forward to having you as a guest in the future.

South Bend, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Easy to find
Priced just right
Cookies are yummy :)
Rooms nice and quiet
Beds very comfortable
Service impeccable
Halls could be a bit cleaner, but it was late in the day
Great experience for my family

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Mkkarnold,

Thank you for posting this great review. We appreciate having you as our guest and look forward to having your family in the future. I am glad you though so well of us. Have a wonderful summer!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

This hotel was lovely, and provided a welcome respite after a long plane flight. Room was clean and modern, WiFi worked perfectly, the bartender/waiter in the restaurant, Bill, was most friendly and helpful.If I have to fly from Dulles Airport again, I would definitely use this hotel!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Anna L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Good Day Dori930,

Thank you for sharing such positive feedback regarding your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Sterling Dulles Airport. I will be sure to tell Bill how wonderful he was at helping you during your stay. As always, we pride ourselves at being the best and your comments reinforce the importance of delivering great service every time.

Waldorf, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

Very clean and comfortable. The mattress and pillows were so soft and inviting that I am thinking about replacing my mattresses at home. The fitness room was some what small, but, it was adequate to get a decent workout. Nice indoor pool.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Anna L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Hello Brigette M,

I am glad you enjoyed the comfort of the beds we had selected for our hotel. They really do provide a most comfortable night's sleep. If you are interested in purchasing one for your home, don't hesitate to contact the hotel and we can provide the online website for your convenience. Again, we appreciate you choosing our hotel and hope to have the pleasure of serving you in the future.

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

Scenic views, free coffee in lobly, chocolate chip cookies at check in and courteous staff. Resort atmosphere without weekend bell service. Clean, quiet, spacious, comfortable rooms and beds. Full continental breakfast buffet in casual restaurant setting adjoining full bar. A bargain on weekends and a value otherwise.

Treat yourself as we did to this away from airport rest stop.

Room Tip: Highher floors are a treat with a private lounge and breakfast.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello Lucky K,

Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Dulles as your home away from home while visiting the Sterling area. It was certainly our pleasure to serve. Your feedback will be shared with team to let them know they "got it right." I can't tell you how good it feels to see such a great response. We appreciate you choosing our location.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

Was very pleasantly surprised with my stay. Rooms were clean which was important for me. Bed was very comfortable and was able to sleep late without much outside noise. Hotel has nice amenities with free parking, free wi-fi in rooms, fitness center, and pool. Jacuzzi was unfortunately broken with no repair date in sight. Restaurant was good with a happy hour in the afternoon. Staff were great at the front desk. Called because I left my phone charger in the room on checkout and they held on to it at the front desk until I was able to return the next day. Located close to the airport and shopping areas. Overall, a very pleasant experience.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Good Evening Jackson R,

It was pleasure having you as our guest while visiting the DoubleTree by Hilton Sterling Dulles. I truly appreciate you taking the time to share such valued feedback regarding your stay and I am glad to hear the team was proactive in preparing for your stay. I hope to have you again in the future, so please don't hesitate to let us know if we can do anything to assist you.

Kindly,

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!