“Great hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   21611 Atlantic Boulevard, Sterling, VA 20166   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Dulles Golf Package
Ranked #5 of 15 hotels in Sterling
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

Was very pleasantly surprised with my stay. Rooms were clean which was important for me. Bed was very comfortable and was able to sleep late without much outside noise. Hotel has nice amenities with free parking, free wi-fi in rooms, fitness center, and pool. Jacuzzi was unfortunately broken with no repair date in sight. Restaurant was good with a happy hour in the afternoon. Staff were great at the front desk. Called because I left my phone charger in the room on checkout and they held on to it at the front desk until I was able to return the next day. Located close to the airport and shopping areas. Overall, a very pleasant experience.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Anna L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Good Evening Jackson R,

It was pleasure having you as our guest while visiting the DoubleTree by Hilton Sterling Dulles. I truly appreciate you taking the time to share such valued feedback regarding your stay and I am glad to hear the team was proactive in preparing for your stay. I hope to have you again in the future, so please don't hesitate to let us know if we can do anything to assist you.

Kindly,

322 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Manassas, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

We booked a room for to enjoy a holiday party without the worries of driving afterwards -- we've always like Hilton, and the Double Tree lives up to expectation. They took good care of my allergies by ensuring hypoallergenic bedding in our room (requested ahead of time, and was confirmed by the front desk on check-in). We had an excellent night's sleep, and also enjoyed a delicious breakfast with friends the next morning (I love that they leave a hot carafe of coffee or tea at the table with each order). Double Tree papered us with a warm welcome cookie, spotless facilities, and the hospitality of the hotel staff.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Good Evening Twinkle Traveler,

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dulles Airport. It was a pleasure being able to have you as our guest. We take pride in what we are doing and it feels good to know when we are doing things the right way for our guests. Again, we appreciate you taking the time to rate our service.

Kindly,
NJ, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

This hotel was bright, clean, and well-maintained--just like the online picture. The staff was friendly and the rooms were immaculate. I was traveling from out of town, so it was helpful to me that the hotel was within a quarter-mile of a shopping center that included Nordstrom Rack, Sams Club and Chick-fila. I was not confined to the hotel and was also able to do shopping and pick up dinner. Another plus was that the hotel offered free parking in a safe, well-lit lot.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Anna L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Thank you, Theresa W, for taking the time to provide such great feedback from your stay. We are indeed proud of the services, staff and facilities that we provide. We run a clean ship and enjoy what we do! I am glad that it shines so "brightly". We are close to the mall and other shopping and restaurant options, as well as offer shuttle service within a 5-mile radius. We are glad that we were such a great location for you.

Thanks again for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Sterling - Dulles Airport. We hope to see you again soon.
Nampa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Gracious and competent people at this hotel will make your stay very pleasant. Clean, conformable rooms and very nice all around amenities. Nice to have a pool and exercise area right there too. Good in the restaurant (go for the New York Steak--ohhh so good!) Nice breakfasts too. I have no complaints at all with this hotel. Very nice.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Anna L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Thank you, Michael B, for a very nice review. We are thrilled that our amenities, service and team met and/or exceeded your expectations. We strive for excellence and we always appreciate one of our customers taking the time to comment on such.

We hope to see you again in the near future. Thank you again.
Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

We recently stayed at the Doubletree while visiting the DC area for my birthday. Upon entering we were greeted warmly and given warm chocolate chip cookies. Yum!! The room was a nice size and clean. The hotel staff was extremely kind and helpful. My only slight complaint is the bed dipped in the middle, but this is probably an exception to otherwise comfortable beds. Other than that enjoyed the stay. It is located in an industrial complex, but a short ride about 10 mins to the Reston Town Center.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
The DoubleTree Chocolate Chip Cookies ARE the best, MLJohnson! We are so very happy that we were able to make your birthday extra-special. I am most pleased to read that the hotel Team was "kind and helpful". I am sorry about your bed as we have been open for only 4 years. We are truly convenient to both Reston and Dulles Town Centers; glad you found us.

Happy belated birthday! Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Sterling-Dulles.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Everything about this hotel is great. I travel to Dulles once a month and would say no where else. The beds are the best. Everything is clean and the food and service in the restraunt is very good. Always get a great welcome and the shuttle service is very convient. They will even take you to the mall

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Anna L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
We appreciate your kind words and observations, Josi6350! We are so very glad that you have chosen us as your go-to location for your monthly travels to the Sterling/Dulles area. We are proud of our service, cleanliness and staff and are thrilled that you find them all to be to your liking. We will ALWAYS be happy to take you to the mall!

Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Sterling - Dulles Airport, your home-away-from-home at least once a month!

Sincerely -
Vero Beach, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Hotel staff were pleasant and helpful. And to me THE most important criteria - the room was very clean, didn't have any smells, no noises from mechanicals, bathroom clean and modern, all things in working order. A completely functioning and pleasant room. Seriously - the bed ws so completely comfortable I didn't want to get up. In fact, I want to buy the same type of mattress it was so incrediblely comfortable. While the room, the bathroom, the bed and condition of the space all were great, the room service food was not what I would have expected. Considering the premium one pays to get food delivered to the room, I expect that the hot dishes will be actually hot or even really warm. My food arrived cool/cold in two separate orders. It's not like it took a long time from order to delivery eitherr-the food came relatively quick after I placed the order. So it's beyond me why it was cold and clearly had been sitting for while. Even with that I would definitely recommend this hotel - very near Dulles - easy in and out between the hotel and airport and local businesses.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I have reviewed your comments, Daphne R, and though I was so happy to read your positive remarks, I was disappointed that we failed you in terms of the Room Service experience. Regardless of cost, we need to be able to get a great quality of food and beverage delivered to you each and every time. My apologies that this was not the case. I have reviewed with the F&B Team your comments, a necessary step in improving the quality. The beds are divine, aren't they?

Thank you for your thorough review and for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Sterling - Dulles Airport.

Safe travels -

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!