“Very comfortable bed” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Sterling
Québec, Canada
“Very comfortable bed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I choose this hotel, instead of one downtown Washinton, because I had to catch a flight at Dulles at 08h00 AM. The shuttle bus was very efficient. The salient point: the bed is very comfortable. Minor problem with the alarm clock; also the dinner room temperature was too cold and the waitress who agree with me couldn't do anything about it. Overall: very good hotel near Dulles airport

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Syracuse
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Great place, restaurant food was excellent, coffee way too strong(starbucks) rooms very clean. Beds very comfortable. showers could be a little warmer. location is very close to multiple shopping areas and parks. highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

San Antonio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I felt like I was at home. Just that the room was very clean and I felt very secure. I had a very important day the next day and I forgot my razor at home. The person whom checked me in, personally delivered me a razor to use.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

ukguyz
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We checked in to this hotel during a trip to the US. The hotel is only 2 or 3 years old and looks great. On checking in we went to our room. Now maybe I am just being unreasonable but why in a hotel this size do they put the ice machine right at the end of the corridor. The room was fine but I will say that for some reason the have very low ceilings in fact it felt a little to low and I am not that tall. The bed was very comfortable but was a little soft for my taste. The bathroom was very nice but only had a shower (that suited us fine) but there was a large amount of mould round the base of the shower. The shower also had really poor water pressure. The shower door also opened the wrong way to my way of thinking. The only outlet in the bathroom was mounted right at the mirror (which was lighted so stood out from the wall by a few inches) due to this silly placement it meant that we could not use this outlet as the mirror blocked access to it. We did not eat at the hotel. It was very quiet in the room so have no complaints in this area. The one other complaint that we have about the hotel is the elevators. The stink of cooking food (reminded me of an old cruise ship) The smell was very strong every time we used the elevator.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Nice clean and comfortable hotel north of the Washington Dullas airport. It is in the middle of an industrial park and the road it is on, Atlantic, runs parallel with the freeway but it is not noisy at night. My rate included wifi and breakfast. Breakfast had some hot and cold items, scrambled eggs, bacon, cereals, etc. muffins and fresh fruit were very good. If you turn left out of the hotel parking lot and drive about half a mile there is a Chic Filet and a Walmart. Drive a half mile more and you arrive at Dullas Town Center which is a large shopping mall with several restaurants outside the mall. Be sure to bring exact change for tolls at night from the airport as the toll booths are not staffed late at night. Hotel staff was very warm and welcoming, rooms were clean and very comfortable. It was a very nice stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I booked a night at this Doubletree to break up a trip from Madrid to San Diego. After a long day of waiting and flying (Madrid-London-Dulles) I called for the shuttle and as he was already at the airport he came around and picked me up. I was greeted with smiles and a warm cookie and even though I ordered room service 10 minutes before the kitchen closed, food was delivered with a smile. (And it was hot and tasty, to boot.) Then there was the bed... exhaustion plus one of those heavenly beds = a match made in heaven. Good wifi in the rooms, free coffee in the morning (at least I think it was free, unless I stole it LOL) and shuttle the airport, plus the welcoming staff and comfy room make this someplace I'll return to anytime I have a stopover near Dulles airport. Keep up the great work you fine people!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Anna L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you, rialtogrl, for your wonderful review of the DoubleTree by Hilton Sterling - Dulles Airport. We are very proud of our services and staff and are so very happy that we could make a relaxing difference in your tiring travel itinerary. Please keep us in mind in the future, perhaps for your return to Madrid!

Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree Sterling.

Anna Lyons, GM
Southeast Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

The hotel looks new on the outside.

On the inside, it's clean, bright and inviting. I liked the patio in back with the gas oven set in the back wall for heat and effect. Very nice.

The room was a decent size, and I DID appreciate the bathroom stand alone shower vs. a tub shower (hate those)

Now about that bed. I rarely find a hotel bed this comfortable. Forget "Heavenly Beds". This bed WAS awesome, just the right amount of give and firmness. It and it's pillows were exactly what I needed after a super long flying day.

One last note..the restaurant. I enjoyed the breakfast BUT when you have a staff that doesn't ask if you want another cup of coffee and they are super busy cleaning the 1 other table that was dirty, that sorta irked me to no end. I had to ask the lady server for a cup, and do you know when you get that smile of annoyed tolerance along with the "Certainly, sir I will be right back with it"? If anything needed improvement at the property, it's in the restaurant and their need to serve with sincerity.

The front desk staff were completely respectful, in comparison, and you felt politeness and respect just pour out of them. They deserve to be commended for their way of making guests feel welcome, right in thru the door!

Room Tip: They are all sooo nice