“Nice hotel. Internet not sufficient for business travelers.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   21611 Atlantic Boulevard, Sterling, VA 20166   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$50 Gift Card Offer
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Sterling
Alpharetta, Georgia
“Nice hotel. Internet not sufficient for business travelers.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Clean, comfortable, safe hotel in a nice area convenient to shopping and plenty of restaurants. Very friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast is a step above what you'll usually find included in the room rate for many hotels. Only negative I have is the fact that the Internet service seems fairly slow. At the time of this review it was measuring 2mb/sec but it has been much slower at times this week. In a time when residential service is 25 times that rate or more from some providers I wish Hilton would give their network service a serious review. A warm rather than hot shower and a "minifridge" that doesn't really cool are the only other nuisances and are minor concerns at best. All in all a decent stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Scarsdale, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I travel to the area on business quite often. We get a great corporate rate but that's not a consideration. I would stay here if I was traveling to the area on my own. The rooms are always clean. The bath towels are large and absorbent. I especially like the bathrobe. The staff is efficient and friendly without being in-your-face chummy and they seem to always ready to please the guests

Clearwater, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Overall i was happy with my stay. The service at breakfast was slow, but i was not bothered too much by it. If in town for business again, i will stay here. Overall i was happy with my stay. The service at breakfast was slow, but i was not bothered too much by it. If in town for business again, i will stay here.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Rooms are expensive, but nice. Very limited in places that allow quick food pick up. Only a MacDonalds within a 5 mile radius and 2 sit down restaurants. Returned from Sportsplex for 10 minutes to eat before having to go back to event taking place. Restaurant/bar was closed (was 10:30pm). Staff member would not let kids eat in restaurant area (which was empty) before returning to Sportsplex. Was rude and inappropriate. We only had 10min to eat before returning to Sportsplex and even offered to clean up before we left. Was told if the food was not from the hotel, we could not eat it there. Told the kids they could not open the MacDonald's bag. We felt very uncomfortable and disrespected. Will not return again. After talking to manager 3 days later by phone (who was very concerned and professional) was told there are strict laws about food in the dining room. Seems that could have been communicated to us in a more appropriate manner, avoiding the entire incident altogether.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Inwood, West Virginia, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Spent two nights at the hotel for a family wedding. Checking was early and although we had to wait a few minutes the staff was accommodating and very polite. Lunch while waiting was very good and even though there was a mistake made they noticed before I did and made it good without any extra charge. The event manager was very helpful as we helped with making sure the room for the rehearsal dinner was day. The room was large for a standard room, bathroom very nice and clean, counter space, fridge with nice counter top for lots of room. The beds were fantastically wonderful, comfortable chair, roomy desk, wifi connection good, windows almost looked like home windows. Outside courtyard was lovely. The only down side was that the pool area was very small. The pool itself was nice but the was limited seating and there were lots of kids there the who,e weekend for a softball tournament and the young ones insisted on running, being loud and jumping into the water while parents did little to contain their noise out of respect for others. Not a big deal. At the dinner I made a request for a drink that was not in the room and the waitress went and got it for me. Overall,very nice stay, wonderful and restful for the occasion. Breakfast buffet was average but the wait staff very polite and helpful!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Reston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I stayed 4 nights while work was being performed on my home. I very much enjoyed my stay. The staff were friendly and professional, the room was clean and fresh, the bed was very comfortable, and room service was prompt. I have no complaints at all.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Ellicott City, Maryland, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I booked the Park and Fly package at this hotel and was glad I did! Upon check-in I was notified that I was the "Guest of the Day." I received a complimentary fruit and cheese plate in my room as my "prize." We were celebrating our anniversary (which I did not inform the receptionist) so it was good surprise. The rooms were modern, roomy, and quite. The beds were some of the best that I have slept on, very soft and comfortable. The breakfast was one of the best breakfast buffets I have eaten at. However, I was unaware of the price until I received the bill for $13 a person, which I thought was a little high. The park and fly worked out great with being able to park in the hotels parking lot and take the shuttle into Dulles which was about 10-15 min away. There was some problems with the shuttle van and the hotel manager came out to address us and the problem. The Dulles shopping mall is also only about 5 minutes away. The staff and hotel are wonderful and would highly recommend to anyone staying in the area for the airport or anything else.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!