“Great staff and location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   21611 Atlantic Boulevard, Sterling, VA 20166   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$50 Gift Card Offer
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Sterling
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Great staff and location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

This Doubletree is in an ideal location in southeast Loudoun County, very near to Washington-Dulles International Airport (IAD). The sixth floor is reserved for HH Diamond members. It has a nice business/breakfast/cocktail area right off the elevator so the folks on the sixth floor don't have to travel downstairs for much of anything once they check in. The breakfast is complimentary on this floor.

The rooms are standard DT: nicely furnished, decent beds, minifridge, etc. The restaurant downstairs is unusual in that the food is very good for a non-resort hotel. I've eaten several dinners there over the past twelve months and it has never disappointed. The staff go out of their way to accommodate your needs and are always helpful. The only negative is that there is much parking behind the hotel. Unfortunately, there is no entrance on the back so you have to lug your stuff all the way around to the front.

The location is close to Herndon, which has a full complement of independent restaurants, not the usual chains that are located right around the hotel.

An overall very nice DT that I will continue to frequent.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Redondo Beach, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

The room I was in had no water pressure at all couldn't get the shampoo out of my hair so we reported it. They tried to fix it and the shower head exploded the room was full of steam to the point it set the fire alarm off. We had to go in and get our stuff out with no help from the staff. The ladies at the front desk were very helpful in getting us another room. If we had not gone back to our room and saw what was going on I think our ipads would have been ruined. They gave us no discount for the inconvenience, it was a very disappointing.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Anna L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Our sincere apologies, Rita N, for the issues you encountered during your recent stay with us. We obviously did not handle the maintenance issue properly and regret the inconvenience caused to you. I am thankful that the Front Office staff was helpful, though I am surprised that the appropriate recovery actions were not taken. Service recovery and additional training is in order. My sincere apologies once again.

Yours in Hospitality.

Anna Lyons, GM
Virginia Beach, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

No Complimentary meals when other Hilton hotels provide these amenities. The Internet cable was unplugged from wall and there was a strange hair on my coffee cup when filling it up with water to make coffee. Room was very quiet, and bed was very nice.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Culver City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

This is a newer hotel located near dulles airport. My king room was large and spacious. It was updated, modern and clearn. the bed was comfortable and had had real pillow - not the hated "mini-pillows." Nice flat screen tv along with free internet. I liked this hotel so much that I ate dinner there eventhough I seldom eat in the hotels I stay in. I had a grilled salmon salad that was as good as any upscale resturant. However, there are numerous resaurants within 5 minut drive. And yes, they have a shuttle which includesthe airport. Great hotel. I will definitely stay again.

montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I stayed there end of May 2013-it's a wonderful hotel. The rooms are very nice,good business centre, nice restaurant & delicious cookies.
I especially want to thank Mahlet Hailemichael for her outstanding customer service. She's the best.
I highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Let me start by saying that my initial experience clouded the remainder of my stay and my opinion of the hotel. I landed at Dulles and called for the hotel shuttle. After quizzing me about whether or not I had a reservation, causing me to unpack and find my confirmation code, I was politely directed to the stop for the shuttle.

There I waited...and waited, and waited. After over an hour and a half, and three phone calls, the shuttle arrived. Each of my phone calls promised a shuttle in 10 minutes and offered no apology or explanation for the delay. When I checked in and complained about the shuttle, I was not offered an apology, but an explanation that one of the two shuttles was not working. Had I heard that before I waited at the airport, I would have spent the ten dollars for a taxi! The final straw on the shuttle was that my meeting place was a half a mile beyond where the shuttle would drive. I had planned to use the shuttle for transportation so had not rented a car. Instead I was stuck with four days of taxi fares,

Beyond the shuttle, a lot of little things were wrong. For example, the hot water didn't work at 9PM (when I was tying to wash off the chlorine after a swim), shampoo was not replaced, although it should have been, the pens had no ink, and the pool had no towels after 9 PM, although it was open until 10. Finally, I heard footsteps from the room above late into the nigh, something I have become unaccustomed to in quality hotels.

On the pluses (and there were) the bedding and towels were luxurious. If you are Gold or Diamond, you get access to the executive lounge, which serves beer, wine, soft drinks and snacks in the evening. The snacks were enough to make a meal out of, and I more than once took my laptop up there to work while I snacked, and, at least once, skipped dinner.

Staff were OK if not overly polite, as I have been accustomed to. Room and common areas was clean. Only view was of the roof and pipes. Loud, but efficient air conditioner kept the room at a comfortable 68 degrees.

Not accessible by public transportation (I tried) and further from the airport than many other hotels.

Honolulu
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

If you need a hotel near Dulles have Hilton Gold or Diamond stay here if you are considering the Hilton at Dulles. The rooms are much nicer, the staff is much more friendly, and there is NO comparison as far as the executive lounge is concerned. I stayed at the Hilton Dulles four nights ago so this is a very current assessment

Room Tip: If you get to the 6th floor you've got executive lounge privileges