“I wish all hotels were this this one” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   21611 Atlantic Boulevard, Sterling, VA 20166   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Sterling
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Culver City, California
“I wish all hotels were this this one”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

This is a newer hotel located near dulles airport. My king room was large and spacious. It was updated, modern and clearn. the bed was comfortable and had had real pillow - not the hated "mini-pillows." Nice flat screen tv along with free internet. I liked this hotel so much that I ate dinner there eventhough I seldom eat in the hotels I stay in. I had a grilled salmon salad that was as good as any upscale resturant. However, there are numerous resaurants within 5 minut drive. And yes, they have a shuttle which includesthe airport. Great hotel. I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I stayed there end of May 2013-it's a wonderful hotel. The rooms are very nice,good business centre, nice restaurant & delicious cookies.
I especially want to thank Mahlet Hailemichael for her outstanding customer service. She's the best.
I highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Let me start by saying that my initial experience clouded the remainder of my stay and my opinion of the hotel. I landed at Dulles and called for the hotel shuttle. After quizzing me about whether or not I had a reservation, causing me to unpack and find my confirmation code, I was politely directed to the stop for the shuttle.

There I waited...and waited, and waited. After over an hour and a half, and three phone calls, the shuttle arrived. Each of my phone calls promised a shuttle in 10 minutes and offered no apology or explanation for the delay. When I checked in and complained about the shuttle, I was not offered an apology, but an explanation that one of the two shuttles was not working. Had I heard that before I waited at the airport, I would have spent the ten dollars for a taxi! The final straw on the shuttle was that my meeting place was a half a mile beyond where the shuttle would drive. I had planned to use the shuttle for transportation so had not rented a car. Instead I was stuck with four days of taxi fares,

Beyond the shuttle, a lot of little things were wrong. For example, the hot water didn't work at 9PM (when I was tying to wash off the chlorine after a swim), shampoo was not replaced, although it should have been, the pens had no ink, and the pool had no towels after 9 PM, although it was open until 10. Finally, I heard footsteps from the room above late into the nigh, something I have become unaccustomed to in quality hotels.

On the pluses (and there were) the bedding and towels were luxurious. If you are Gold or Diamond, you get access to the executive lounge, which serves beer, wine, soft drinks and snacks in the evening. The snacks were enough to make a meal out of, and I more than once took my laptop up there to work while I snacked, and, at least once, skipped dinner.

Staff were OK if not overly polite, as I have been accustomed to. Room and common areas was clean. Only view was of the roof and pipes. Loud, but efficient air conditioner kept the room at a comfortable 68 degrees.

Not accessible by public transportation (I tried) and further from the airport than many other hotels.

Honolulu
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

If you need a hotel near Dulles have Hilton Gold or Diamond stay here if you are considering the Hilton at Dulles. The rooms are much nicer, the staff is much more friendly, and there is NO comparison as far as the executive lounge is concerned. I stayed at the Hilton Dulles four nights ago so this is a very current assessment

Room Tip: If you get to the 6th floor you've got executive lounge privileges
Missoula, Montana, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

This was a great place to stay in the area. Very close to where we were visiting for business. The staff was great. The entire hotel, including the rooms were clean and neat...not sure of the age of the hotel, but nothing looked warn out or in need of a refresh. Loved the Cookie at Check In. Say Hi to Bill the Bartender if you are there....great guy!

West Chester, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Check-in was quick and front desk was very nice. Room was nice enough, although I had no view - only window looked "out" at metal vents of the top of banquet rooms. Air conditioning/heat was loud. Water pressure was HORRIBLE in shower. If you have long/thick hair, expect to spend 20 minutes in the shower. Otherwise the room was nice - black out shades, nice bathroom with plenty of vanity space, comfortable bed, and plenty of pillows. I heard no other noise, even though the hotel was sold out. I had breakfast and dinner room service. It was pretty reasonably priced and the food was good enough, breakfast was better than dinner. Plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
New Castle, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Came in late evening, no hassles, no waiting, felt like you were waiting for us to arrive! Offered places that were open for us to dine... We were in town for a wedding, but it felt like a VACATION! The Reception was AWESOME, the food was EXCELLENT! Room was GREAT, CLEAN, COMFORTABLE, visually APPEALING, wanted to take the bed HOME!!! Well worth the stay, well worth the price! Will definitely see us again!! Did I say I wanted to TAKE THE BED HOME!!! Oh yeah, I did... (BIG SMILE)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Anna L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Of course, Jenne B, we were waiting for you to arrive! It is difficult to reply to such an overwhelmingly positive review. What I can say is thank you from the entire Team for your gracious compliments and kind comments. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Sterling - Dulles Airport.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!