“Nice room and reasonable room service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   21611 Atlantic Boulevard, Sterling, VA 20166   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Sterling
West Chester, PA
“Nice room and reasonable room service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Check-in was quick and front desk was very nice. Room was nice enough, although I had no view - only window looked "out" at metal vents of the top of banquet rooms. Air conditioning/heat was loud. Water pressure was HORRIBLE in shower. If you have long/thick hair, expect to spend 20 minutes in the shower. Otherwise the room was nice - black out shades, nice bathroom with plenty of vanity space, comfortable bed, and plenty of pillows. I heard no other noise, even though the hotel was sold out. I had breakfast and dinner room service. It was pretty reasonably priced and the food was good enough, breakfast was better than dinner. Plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

New Castle, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Came in late evening, no hassles, no waiting, felt like you were waiting for us to arrive! Offered places that were open for us to dine... We were in town for a wedding, but it felt like a VACATION! The Reception was AWESOME, the food was EXCELLENT! Room was GREAT, CLEAN, COMFORTABLE, visually APPEALING, wanted to take the bed HOME!!! Well worth the stay, well worth the price! Will definitely see us again!! Did I say I wanted to TAKE THE BED HOME!!! Oh yeah, I did... (BIG SMILE)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Anna L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Of course, Jenne B, we were waiting for you to arrive! It is difficult to reply to such an overwhelmingly positive review. What I can say is thank you from the entire Team for your gracious compliments and kind comments. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Sterling - Dulles Airport.
Laurel, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I came here for a marathon at the last minute so it was the only hotel in the area I could get a room for the night. The front desk service was slow when I tried to check in. It was frustrating, but when I checked out the other agent was quick. The rooms were nice, but a little old. And everything is an additional price. I just wanted a free basic breakfast. The kind you find at Quality Inns. But I guess DoubleTree is too good for that.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We appreciate your remarks, Reality W, about your recent stay. We are indeed a new hotel, one that is in the top 4% of all DoubleTree by Hilton Hotels Americas. We are proud of the service that we provide, an area in which we fell short during your stay. My apologies for our inability to meet your expectations. As a full-service hotel, we have lovely dining options: room service, a la carte and buffet. HHonors is a wonderful loyalty program available to travelers these days; complimentary breakfast is provided to those that are members. There is no charge for membership and provides a myriad of benefits.

Happy Travels to you. Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Sterling - Dulles Airport.
Waterloo, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Hotel was clean and neat. Front desk staff was very friendly and knowledgeable of the Washington DC area. For a Doubletree hotel, the price was quite reasonable. This is a fairly new hotel located in a nice area with easy access to a highway. However not close enough for road noise. Although we did not travel with children, I noticed several in the elevator going to the indoor pool and each group seemed very happy with the pool. Restaurant area looked very inviting. Definitely would recommend this hotel to both the business and family traveler.

Room Tip: Hotel has an elevator so if you like a room on an upper floor, you are good to go.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
We appreciate your review and comments, sk221202. Thank you for your compliments on the staff, services and products that we offer. We are quite proud! We do cater to both families and business travelers - thank you for noticing our efforts.

Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Sterling - Dulles Airport. Safe travels!
Plesant Prairie, WI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Let me start with this preface. My baseline standard is simple and fair: It it clean and does everything work as it should? Sadly, an increasing number of hotels cannot even meet this basic standard.

Checkin was friendly but again, a failure. I checked in after 4 p.m. and had to wait nearly a half hour for a room (checkin time is 3 p.m.) that was smoky and tattered when I got finally got in. I say finally because housekeeping was still in the room when I got there. Took a bit but I was switched to another room that was also a little smelly and tattered. The desk supervisor had the room sprayed which helped a little but that did not last. The shower was horrible -- took forever because of the bad water pressure. There are employees in these rooms every day. They should see the problems and get them fixed. This place is dinged here because it should be much better and could be with better management that walks the walk instead of posting platitudes in response to reviews here. They would do better making sure things work and the rooms are in good condition. I appreciate the staff that tried but that doesn't make up for the missing basics.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
Thank you, 6530bx4, for your candid review. I was extraordinarily disappointed to read your remarks. We are a 100% non-smoking, new-build hotel that is barely three years old. We are currently in the top 10 of all DoubleTree by Hilton Hotels in the Americas and pride ourselves on the genuine service that we offer. We clearly missed this mark during your stay and for this I sincerely apologize. We want to meet not only the standards but also exceed every expectation. We hope that you will consider our location in the future so we can show you are commitment to excellence; it is sincere.

Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Sterling - Dulles Airport.
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I stayed at this Doubletree over a long weekend and it was exceptional. The service was excellent, and the rooms and amenities were clean and attractive. Also, the shuttle to the airport and surrounding attractions was accomodating and very convenient.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Newport News, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I really believe that, The DoubleTree is the very Best Hotel that I have ever stayed in. I would recommend this Hotel to anyone planning on going on vacation. There is everything one needs just in the surrounding area as well. I can't say enough good things about the Hotel, and the area in which it is built, except that It is hard to find, if your not fimiliar with the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Anna L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Thank you, Holly S, for your most kind review of your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Sterling-Dulles Airport. We are so very proud of our services and staffing and are thrilled that you found it to be the very Best Hotel!

Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Sterling-Dulles Airport. Safe travels!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling
Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades
HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport
Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
Residence Inn Dulles Airport at 28 Centre
Courtyard by Marriott Dulles Town Center

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!