“Mini vacation...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Sterling
Falls Church, Virginia
“Mini vacation...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My family stayed at the Doubletree in Sterling because I had won a free 2 night stay through a work raffle. We decided to stay over the weekend because I had to be in the area for school anyway so it became a family mini vacation even though we live only a few miles away. We spent a lot of time in the pool with my 2 year old son and most times we had the pool area to ourselves, which was nice. Personally, I was a little let down though when I found that the hot tub was not actually hot & I did notify the front desk about that on our departure. Otherwise the Doubletree was a nice facility and we would stay there again if we needed another mini vacation! In fact, I am still having cravings for those warm cookies!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Ken H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your most recent stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed the amenities the property has to offer, I apologize for the cool to warm whirlpool spa. The hot tub spa heater has been fixed and is now perfectly heated and we are ready for the next mini vacation. Rest assured the cookies will always be warm and delicious.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Khartoum
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Interacted with lots of different front desk staff as I arrived late night and stayed over the weekend into the week -- and found all the front desk staff to be helpful and attentive. For example, alerting the driver that I was the sole passenger to the airport, helping with a refund when the soda machine ate my money. (Note: the hotel sells bottled water cheaper than the vending machine.) It is a bit off out of the way but feeling like an appreciated guest made up for it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Ken H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for the favorable review of your most recent stay at the Doubletree Dulles Airport. I will share your comments with the Front Desk staff and drivers. I hope that when travel brings you back to our area you will again allow us to be at your service.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Location was great, bed was very comfortable, tv was big and nice! I am a Hhonors Gold member and am bummed that the front desk clerk, upon checkout, was not empowered to swap my $10 breakfast voucher for a an equal-value tin of Doubletree cookies that I could take home to my three small children. Seemed easy enough, and while he had a opportunity to have a delighted customer, he fell just short. Hotel is very nice and clean though.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Ken H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you for your comments and the nice review of our Hotel. I am dissapointed to hear that you were not given the tin of cookies. We take great pride in our Doubletree cookies and love to share them with our guests as a welcome gift. PLEASE contact my office at 703 230-2570 at any time so that I may speak with you in greater detail. Or to leave a message with your name and address. I look forward to your call.
West Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Booked this Asa Dulles area hotel but, late at night after driving for a half hour in our rental, we found it in a light industrial area. But it was next to Dulles Town Centre so my wife was delighted!

We were comped to the Concierge floor and had a great room. As a Gold member we got a hot breakfast in the Concierge lounge which was way superior to Hampton Inns.

We will not hesitate to return!

Room Tip: If you're in the Dulles area make this hotel your first choice!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ken H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Thank you for the quick review of your most recent stay with us. And Thank You for your Gold status with Hilton Honors as well. I am glad you enjoyed the club level breakfast and our location close to the Dulles Town Center mall. We look forward to being at your service when travel brings you back to our area.
Hinesville, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Clean room very helpful staff vans and driver at your disposal.
The restaurant was clean and the food average.
The bed was most comfortable.
There was an indoor pool
The fitness room was great.
We were fifteen minutes from the Airport

Room Tip: The third floor gave us a good view of the surrounding area.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Ken H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you for the review of your most recent stay with us at the Doubletree. We appreciate the feedback regarding the bed, pool and fitness center. I will share your comment of the average food with our chef to try to do things a bit better. Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit.
Herndon, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

The air conditioning woke me up when ever the temprature changed with a loud noise and did not know what to do. I did not feel the noise in the day time but it effected my sleep in the night time.
The cleanlyness of the room was good and the staf were friendly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Ken H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear learner09,
Thank you for the quick review of your most recent stay with us. I am sorry the air conditioner was making noises that disturbed your rest but was glad to see you were pleased overall with the accommodations. I have shared your comments with our maintenance team and they will resolve any noise issues with the system as they are always on the lookout for ways to improve our hotel and make guests happy.
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed here because of a meeting nearby. It was clean and quiet. The bed and pillows were comfortable. We had access to the Executive Lounge, but we weren't very impressed with it. Overall, it was a great place for our one night stay!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Ken H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Amie H. Thanks for the feedback. I am sorry the Club Lounge did not meet with your approval. We will try harder to impress next time.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!