“My home away from home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   21611 Atlantic Boulevard, Sterling, VA 20166   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Dulles Golf Package
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Sterling
Columbus, Ohio
“My home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed at this property about a dozen times over the past 3 months while in town on business. The staff is always friendly, every room I've had has been spotless and the 6th concierge lounge is above average. Their rates seem to fluctuate quite a bit, but that seems pretty standard for hotels in the area. There is a mall with several large chain restaurants less than a mile away, and just about any other kind of shopping or restaurant you could ask for within a couple minutes drive. My only complaint as a business traveler is their wireless Internet service is down quite often, I've had to call the 24-hour helpline on several occasions but they are always able to resolve "their equipment issues" in pretty short order. I will continue to make this property my home away from home in the area.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Ken H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your most recent stay. We appreciate your business and thank you for returning to our property. We'll keep the cookies warm until your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Camas WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Great checkin......6th floor concierge level was convenient with good vittles.

Went way of their way to check me in early and very generous check-out.

Helps if you're a gold/diamond member.

Beds were plush and a little high up.

Rooms were a bit compact.....newer feel...good amenities...great shower.

Lunch was very good service.

My new hotel of choice near Dulles.

Near 28 and 7.......very convenient.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Ken H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thanks for the review of your most recent stay with us. I am always pleased to read that we have satisfied the needs of our guests. We appreciate your comments and will do our best to continue to deliver the services you deserve and expect. and Thank You for being a loyal Hilton Honors member. We look forward to your next visit.
Ashburn, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We live about 10 minutes from this hotel...but our hot water heater broke and we needed a place to shower! We were granted an early check in (11am) and were able to take hot showers and get on with our day...and returned the next am to shower, check out and get to work. The place is immaculate and we would have stayed the night but didn't want to leave our dog home alone! We will definetly recommend this hotel to friends and relatives coming to town. The staff was friendly and we were so grateful to get into the room at 11am...nice place in a convenient area especially if you have business in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Diane M.,
Thanks for your kind comments. I am glad we were able to accommodate your needs with the shower and hot water due to the difficulty with your hot water heater at home. I wish you would had stayed the night as our beds are very comfortable. We are always pleased to be at our guests service and to help wherever we can.
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Stayed at the Doubletree a week ago during a shopping holiday in the DC area. We picked the Doubletree because of the good reviews and prices. While the hotel was very nice and the room very clean, we were disappointed in some of the service. As we drove up to the hotel to check in we were greeted by a large contingent of fire trucks and emergency personnel who had evacuated the hotel due to a toxic spill in the laundry room area. We were certainly understanding of the situation and happy that it appeared the hotel guests were safe. Our disappointment was in the total lack of hotel personnel available to provide information to incoming guests. There were many guests on the property wondering what they should do. For instance, should they book at another property? We decided to go out for dinner and come back later. As luck would have it, by the time we came back, the hotel was back in action. However, the one memory we will have when we think about this particular hotel was their complete of assistance when it was most needed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Ken H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you for the review of your most recent stay at our hotel. I am glad to see that the stay went well and that you were happy with the services you received after check in. As for the incident on Saturday night, the emergency response team handled the incident very well. My staff and I spoke directly to dozens of guests and kept them informed of the situation as best we could. Many guests praised our efforts. I apologize if you were not briefed. I see that you went to dinner during this incident as that was probably the best course of action as we were out of the building for 3 hours.
Rest assured that this incident was isolated and in no way indicative of our operation.
I hope that if travel brings you back to our area you allow us to be at your service again to experience the great level of service you deserve.
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

As always it is a pleasure to stay at the Doubletree Dulles property. Hotel rooms are comfortable, & clean, location is perfect. They are close to the airport, eating facilities, shopping, and just a short drive to Washington D.C. Will definetely stay there again on my next trip to the Virginia/Washington area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your most recent stay at our hotel. I am glad we were able to make your stay awesome. We too look forward to your next visit to our area.
Thank you for choosing our hotel and for the awesome review.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

This hotel is amazing! The staff is warm and welcoming. Everyone was always smiling and made me feel special through my entire stay. It was so clean and you receive high quality service in every department. I was there for a company function and was able to experience the meeting facilities. It was decorated beautiful, the food was incredible, and the service was the best! After enjoying a great evening I was able to come back to my room and get a comfortable nights rest in their luxury bedding. You need to make sure to wake up from your sweet dreams in time to enjoy their superb breakfast. The entire stay was perfect and exceeded my expectations. I highly recommend this hotel for groups, meetings, business, leisure, or someone that just wants to enjoy a great night away from home. It is close to many shops, dining, and even the new National Air and Space Museum. Thank you to the staff of the Doubletree Sterling-Dulles Airport for a stay that will be one of my best memories!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Ken H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for your kind words describing your most recent stay with us. It is comforting to know how well our service is received. I will share your comments with our entire staff. Thank you again and we look forward to your return,
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I was in Sterling with an organization recently, and our team leader chose the Doubletree Sterling based on a number of factors including room size/setup, group rate and included breakfast (all of which were important for our group of volunteers paying their own way with some splitting rooms).

This hotel worked perfectly for our needs. The rooms for very well equipped and the beds incredibly comfortable. The two queen bed rooms were spacious enough for small meetings, and for larger meetings the 6th floor conference room for larger gatherings. The hotel is only minutes from Dulles airport. The included breakfast was a fresh, hot buffet including eggs, meats, potatoes, baked goods, fresh fruit, cereals, juices, coffee and tea. To say the staff was friendly and accommodating would be understating it. For evening gatherings, the dining room also had a full bar to relax in.

The staff and management have put together a great team and a great hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Ken H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you so much for your review of our property from your most recent stay with us.
I was happy to see your comments regarding our comfortable beds and accommodating staff. I will share your comments with our staff and ensure we continue providing the same level of service to all of our guests.
We look forward to being at your service again when travel brings you back to our area.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!