“Great Property” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Sterling
Hedgesville, West Virginia
“Great Property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

The best in the area, especially if you need to fly out of Washington Dulles. The only hotel I know of that offers 24 hour shuttle service to the airport and park and fly rates.

Beautiful, new property. Two minutes away from restaurants and shopping. In spite of this, the location itself is very quiet, surrounded by trees, a corporate park setting. Hotel is very well maintained, excellent staff. Lovely indoor pool. I would highly recommend this location to any travelers in the region.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel exercise equipment was excellent. The staff was very nice only things that would've made it better for me would've been free breakfast and no horrendous traffic and construction I also didn't care for having a long huge rail in the shower I didn't request handicapped a accessible room. The hotel was spotless and very clean.

Room Tip: Very nice hotel but getting back to DC is a pain for sight seeing it took us on average 2 hours or m...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is beautiful. Big comfy beds, flat screen tv. If I was rating on room alone, I would give this hotel 5 stars. However, part of the comfort of a hotel stay is how you are treated.
They offer a hotel shuttle..... Sort of. It takes forever, so be prepared to stand outside and watch all the other hotels come and go several times, while you wait over an hour for yours. Pathetic. Every time we called got the same answer, ' he should be there any minute.' Geez, at least be honest if its going to take a while. Also, no fault of hotel, but this hotel really is too far away to be considered an airport hotel, and it isn't near anything.
Upon finally checking in my cookies were cold. The whole deal of a doubletree is the warm cookie. Oh well. I just needed a bed so I didn't make a fuss.
I went downstairs for breakfast in the morning. Bad idea. There was only one other couple there when we came in. We were greeted right away and offered coffee, and we both enthusiastically said yes please. It didn't come. She kept walking by, so finally I had to ask where's our coffee, she said she didn't know we wanted any. Ugh, I don't know how we could have been any clearer. Then we ordered our food (which by the way is ridiculously overpriced.) We didn't do the buffet because the food didn't look fresh. We also ordered Orange juice. Part of our order came out, the rest came when we were almost finished, and the juice never came, and neither did coffee refills. I couldn't tell if the problem was incompetence, laziness, or lack of English fluency. After this, we didn't try eating at the restaurant again, so I can't review dinner or lunch.
The fitness center is great, up to date precor treadmills and ellipticals with tvs, and free weights. Good ventilation also. Pool looked nice, but would have preferred an outdoor one.

• Stayed July 2012
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

I have done 3 reviews on this hotel and every time it gets worse and worse.. First time there it was great, second time I started noticing some negative changes and this last time it was not good. Customer service is not that great except in the bar and my room had something nasty on the wall and floor behind the chair. (See Pic) I figured I would give housekeeping the chance to notice it and do something about it, but they did not notice it or ignored it. The furniture is looking older and worn. Bathroom floor has never been cleaned, very dirty. Overall this place is just average- I am going to find another hotel for my travels to that area.

• Stayed July 2012
Fredericksburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

The hotel itself is a great facility. We did not use the breakfast buffet because we had an early flight out. However, we were told the airport shuttle runs every half hour. It does not. After calling twice and waiting over and hour, we were told we would be reimbursed if we took a cab back. Just be aware and call as soon as you get off your plane if you intend to use this service they claim to offer.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Manchester, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

I found the menu quite pricey for the the type of fare offered, too expensive for a family stay. The beds were very comfortable and made to perfection. The housekeeping staff were extremely courteous, however the evening front desk clerk wasn't, when approached with the issue of all day dirty tray lined hall.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

We had a block of rooms for a wedding in the area (amazing price). We enjoyed having the outdoor space to converge after the wedding with all of our out-of-state family. The rooms were beautiful and perfectly clean. The bed was very comfortable with beautiful linens. The breakfast was a wonderful variety of hot and cold foods. The hot foods were good, but the fruit selection and quality were the best. It definitely WAS worth the cookie and more! I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!