“Wonderful Babaghanoush, Pita but Pricing Problems!” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Lebanese, Middle Eastern
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Winchester, Virginia
“Wonderful Babaghanoush, Pita but Pricing Problems!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

It's really been a while since I had delicious babaghanoush (sorry if I murdered the spelling!), only problem is I was about to leave without ordering anything because the sign outside advertised specials that were unavailable. I'm glad that I stayed and tasted their delicious appetizers (after I realized how good it was, I ordered another to go). Management needs to step up and make lots of improvements - including the pricing and misleading ad. Notwithstanding, I must admit that the food I ordered was good. With so much food competition in the area (and the empty dining room), they need to offer lunch specials with real discounts! I will return when I'm in the area though to get some more of their delicious appetizers.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

57% Recommend
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“I should really give it a one.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

So, not to mince words, the shawerma was awful. It's not carved off a spit of any kind (unless you get the fake beef one).

Now, for the sandwich - I'm not sure where these folks have tasted Lebanese cuisine but wherever it was had no idea what a shawerma sandwich should taste like. They had meat and onions (and that's pretty much it). The accompanying fries could not have been any worse.

There's zero chance I go back. It was seriously the worst shawerma sandwich I have ever eaten in my life. On another note, what on earth is going on with the hookah bars in the area? Can't we just get some good/authentic middle eastern food around here that isn't just Persian kebabs?

The baba ghaboush was a bit bland and really lacking in actual egg plants. Oh well, scratch another restaurant off the list.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Sterling, Virginia
“Good Lebanese food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

We've eaten here a couple of times for dinner and one time at the buffet for lunch. We enjoyed the dinner service much better than the buffet. Service was good and the food was plentiful, very good, basic Lebanese food. Nice change from other local restaurants.

Visited March 2012
Herndon, VA
“Poor takeout service and manager doesn't care.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

We've gotten takeout here three times. I won't be going back. On 4/21, we had a takeout order of about $75 and they failed to give us three things we'd ordered. I called to order the missing items plus an additional item and made a second trip to the restaurant, but they again left out one of the items! I asked the manager not to charge for the second order totaling $20, because of the inconvenience of making a second trip to correct their mistakes. Her reply was first to deny they'd made any mistakes, and then to blame me for not discovering their mistake before leaving the restaurant. I expressed my disappointment and agreed to pay the $20, but told her that I would not be coming back. Instead of expressing any regret over losing a customer, she reacted with obvious amusement. There are lots of good restaurants in NOVA--too many to waste money on one that doesn't value service or customers.

• Visited April 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sterling, Virginia
“Great Lebanese”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We've been going since they opened. Although the atmosphere is eclectic, the food is amazing.

• Visited December 2011