You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Sterling
NORFOLK
“(Almost) ideal hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Significant other and I were visiting friends in Northern Virginia. Chose the hotel because of special rate and it being close to Herndon. Check-in experience was fine and front desk agent was responsive my request (extra towels). The lobby was either new or refreshed as it had a more modern look than previous Country Inns we had visited. We were pleasantly surprised that we were upgraded from a room to a suite. Bed was clean and linens were fresh. However, there were questionable stains on the main room couch and we placed towels on the couch as a precaution. We also had two refrigerators in the room--not because we were special, rather the one located in the hutch was non-functioning. The microwave (also in the hutch) did not function either, and we did not realize it until the next morning. Other than that the room was fine, and the bed very comfortable. I did not use the exercise room, but I think I saw two cardio machines and a multi-use machine. Should be enough for a quick workout but the gym rat will need more.

As for location, it is close to Dulles Airport and right of VA 28, so getting around this part of Northern Virginia (outside of rush hour) should be easy. I personally am a fan of the Wegmans grocery store chain, and there is one two exits to the north off 28.

Breakfast was above average. There were a decent amount of proteins, carbohydrates, juices, coffee, and the ubiquitous waffle maker. This particular day there were egg-discs and diced ham (for making a breakfast sandwich I believe) that I found tasty.

Other negatives: In addition to the microwave and the couch, if you're looking for a pool or whirlpool, you're at the wrong hotel. I in fact cancelled a reservation at another hotel that had a pool for this one. I felt I made the right choice as I didn't have time to use a pool. And upon check out, I mentioned to the front desk about the microwave. "Did you tell anyone about it?" No because I found out an hour before checking out. Besides, am I not telling you about it now?

All being said, the pros certainly outweigh the cons. I would stay here again should I return to Northern Virginia.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the ends will give you access to the stairwell and the side entrances of the hotel...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Tina P, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey. We appreciate it. Your feedback is very important to us. It helps us run our operations smoothly. We hope to see you soon in future.

Have a great week.

Tina

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Mesa, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

We have stayed in many Country Inns over the years. This one was not up to par. The staff was not welcoming or friendly. The sofa bed was in poor repair. The coffee was horrible. I was surprised and disappointed that standards had been lowered. We stayed at two Holiday Inn Express locations and another Country Inn during this trip and Country Inn is no longer our favorite hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Tina P, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you taking the time to complete the survey. We appreciate it. I sincerely apologies for the inconvenience you had during your stay. We will take corrective action towards it.

We hope that you will give us another chance and we hope to see you soon in furture.

Have a wonderful day.

Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Friendly staff. Clean rooms. Quietness. :-) Highly recommended. We were able to leave our car at the hotel while on vacation and had a free shuttle to the airport. Much cheaper than parking at the airport, that is for sure.

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Tina P, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete the survey. We appreciate your feedback and we are thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay.

Have a great week.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

Everything was excellent. Kem was a life saver, at the last minute we invited our son's family to make a 150 mile trip to visit us. She got them a room and right across from ours. Great coffee, breakfast. The cookies were great. Kem made our stay very enjoyable.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete the survey. We appreciate your feedback. I'm glad Kem was able to take care of your family. I will share this with her.

Have a wonderful week.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

night clerk claimed no penalty fro early checkout. not only was I penalized but they tried to pad the bill, as well! We got in late and were not sure that we would need the extra night. He assured us that there was no penalty for cancelling the second night. The billing person promised to look into it and then call me back., Instead, I just got the full bill - with extras!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey. I sincerely apologies for the incovenience you had during your stay. Please forgive us.

I have addressed your concern with our staff.

Again, please forgive us.

Have a wonderful day.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

I really enjoyed having three machines to help keep up my workouts, plus the Burger King and the well-stocked convenience store, as well as the little snack kiosk at the hotel provided nearly all the little incidentals I needed. There is a Cracker Barrel nearby across the overpass so there is at least one more food option close by. The hotel does offer an order in service as well.

My room was clean, the staff were very friendly. The shower had good pressure, and my shower had many grab bars, useful for those who might need the assistance. The breakfast was fine and had variety so something is different each day. Coffee is available all day, and the complimentary chocolate chip cookies were yummy!

I didn't use the airport shuttle, but think it is a real plus. I understand there may be a way to get the shuttle to the orange line metro as well, but I didn't ask about that.

Room Tip: I would recommend the second floor as being quieter and probably on the back side to ensure peace, i...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Tina P, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete the survey. We appreciate it. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at Country Inns & Suites Dulles. We look forward to your stay in future.

Have a lovely weekend.

Mechanicsville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

I have been staying at this hotel on business for the last year and a half and I have found consistant, quality service with very friendly people and spotlessly clean rooms. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete the survey. We are always delighted to have you in our property. You are very important to us and we value your business.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Elsa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling
Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway
Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport
Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
Washington Dulles Airport Marriott
HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport

Address: 45620 Falke Plaza, Sterling, VA 20166
Location: United States > Virginia > Loudoun County > Sterling
#4 Romantic Hotel in Sterling
#4 Business Hotel in Sterling
#7 Family Hotel in Sterling
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Country Inn And Suites Washington-Dulles Int`l. Airport
Country Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles Int`l. Airport Hotel Sterling
Country Inn Sterling
Sterling Country Inn

If you own or manage Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.