You added Country Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles Int'l. Airport to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles Int'l. Airport
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Sterling
glasgow, Scotland
“super staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2008

We booked this hotel for one night before our flight back to UK. We arrived after midnight feeling tired and weary. The reception staff were very efficient and quick. We also wanted to check in on line for our flight the next day and that was easy as they allowed us to use the computer in the foyer. The room was enormous and spotless. The only thing this hotel did not have was a restaurant for an evening meal. As we had no car we had about a 20 minute walk through an industrial estate to get to the Holiday Inn which had a restaurant. We would thoroughly recommend this hotel. It's spotless, great staff, lovely breakfast and a shuttle to the airport.

• Liked — staff and breakfast
  • Disliked — No restaurant
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Littleton, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2008

This hotel is located near Dulles (5-10 minutes) and has a free Shuttle. The hotel is very clean and the rooms were great. Air conditioner worked very well. Beds were nice. It provided a desk and free high speed internet. It was quiet (my room faced out to the front of the hotel). Breakfast was a decent continental + meal. Better than some other hotels I have stayed at. The exercise room was small, but not crowded when I was there. The only negative is that there is nothing but a Burger King within walking distance. Had a bad experience at another Burger King, so I would never eat at another one. However, the desk staff provided me with 6-7 menus for restaurants that deliver. Had a great supreme pizza and like eating in my room. Plus, they have a refridgerator and microwave in the room!

• Liked — Cleanliness and closeness to Airport
  • Disliked — No really good restaurants nearby
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
Tiburon, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2008

We crawled off an eight hour flight from Paris, slogged through traveler-unfriendly Dulles Airport - and landed in a world of comfort at the Country Inn and Suites.

The staff gave us a friendly welcome, complete with hot cookies and pretzels. Just across the comfortable, country-decorated lobby, the breakfast room offers snacks and coffee drinks 24/7, and in the morning a decent selection of cold breakfast offerings and a do-it-yourself waffle iron. There are even shelves of new paperbacks offered for "loan and return". And it's all complimentary.

After depositing our luggage - full of dirty laundry - in the room, we were tickled to discover the coin-operated washer and dryer downstairs. That sure made the rest of our trip easier. While our clothes sloshed, we caught up on email using the complimentary WiFi from our room; there's also a terminal in the lobby.

The tub/shower has one of those funny hotel shower heads and water control gizmos - but these really worked! And the tub nonskid didn't skid.

Food options are not too bad. If you want more than the snacks in the breakfast room, or the fast food place (I think it was a Burger King) across the parking lot, you'll have to drive five minutes to one of the many restaurants on the long list the staff has thoughtfully compiled.

After a long flight, this was just the perfect place to take care of ourselves and our chores.

• Liked — Warm welcome and all the free amenities
  • Disliked — Have to drive a bit to restaurants
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2008

I stayed here the night before an international flight. While there, my suitcase zipper broke two hours before I had to leave for the airport. I went downstairs and told the front desk that I had an emergency and asked if there was a mall nearby to purchase a suitcase. Not only did they tell me where the mall was, they drove me there in the hotel shuttle and came back to pick me up when I was finished shopping. I got my bag re-packed in time to make my flight.
The service was very good and I enjoyed the "homey" feel of the place. The breakfast was good, and they had menus from nearby local restaurants who would deliver dinner to the hotel when I arrived.

Stayed February 2008
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2008

This was a wonderful place -- just what I needed for some R&R away from home.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. When I checked in on a Friday afternoon and said that I had never been there before, they immediately upgraded me to a "king fitness suite," which included a treadmill right in my room! I also had a king-sized bed, sofa, chair, desk, fridge & microwave. The price on the back of the door was $299, although I had paid only $74 (plus tax) through Hotels.com. Needless to say, I was thrilled!

Also, as an educator, I was very impressed with their "lending library" idea. They have numerous, brand-new books available for hotel guests to borrow and then return to any Country Inns. For every book returned, they donate $5 to a literacy charity of some kind. What a great idea!

Another great feature was the unlimited fruit, yogurt, juice, coffee/tea and CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES available 24/7 in the breakfast room or lobby. When I mentioned about the cookies upon check-in, they were kind enough to ring up to my room about 45 minutes later to let me know that they had a fresh batch. Now that's service!

All the comforts of home, but without all of the demands.... I HIGHLY recommend the Country Inns & Suites near Dulles!

• Liked — treadmill in my room, free wi-fi, lending library, free breakfast, unlimited chocolate chip cookies :)
  • Disliked — view of Burger King & Exxon outside my window, but my room was still great
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled solo
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2008

We stayed at this wonderful little hotel over the holiday. Came in from Chicago to visit family. What a great hotel! Reminds me of a bed and breakfast. Lobby was warm and welcoming, breakfast the next day was great. Try the waffles.

Did not get a chance to try their new fitness center. But looked great, next time.

Service was above and beyond! Being away from home on a holiday was not my family's idea of fun. But, we needed to see our parents. With the service, accommodations and over all warm feeling. We felt like we were at home.

We will be back!

Stayed December 2007
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2007

What a wonderful experience. I am a Gold Points Plus Member of Carlson Chains (Radisson, Country Inn & Suites, Park Inn, Park Plaza)and I enjoy receiving points for free nights at the hotels. It was a huge suprise when I checked in they awarded me an upgrade to a suite for being a Gold Elite member.

It was breathtaking when I walked in to my suite. I was given a Fitness Studio Suite with my own personal Bowflex Treadclimber in my room. The Assistant Manager of the hotel had provided me with a thank you letter with scrumptious chocolates, bottled waters, $3.00 certificate to the Country Store in the lobby where they have Haagan Dazs Ice Cream bars for only $1.00, and turn down service with lots of pillows on my very comfortable King bed. It was outstanding.

I was very impressed. They have complimentary shuttle to and from the Dulles Airport. Lots of restaurants in the area that will deliver right to your room. They also recommend dining at the Zefferellis in Herndon about 3 miles from the hotel. Excellent for those who want real Italian. Nino P. is the manager at Zefferellis he was fantastic, the manager at Country Inn said ask for him and so I did he greeted me with a complimentary glass of wine.

For my rate of $179.00 I could not go wrong since the Hotel Sierra across the street charges $249.00. I was better off staying at the Country Inn & Suites, Just as nice and Country Inn offers hot breakfast with anything you would ask for. Eggs, Toast, Bagels, Muffins, many flavors of cereal, Corn Cakes, Various flavors of Yogurts, Fresh Brewed Hot Coffee, Tea, Cappuccino, Juices, Hot Waffles that you can make and put fresh strawberries & peaches on. Breakfast was great.

Front Desk staff was very courteous they called my room after I had checked in to see how I was finding my stay. It was wonderful to know they didnt just throw me in a room and forget about me.

Free wired & wireless internet and they have a library in the lobby where you can borrow books and return them to any Country Inn & Suites in the world.

Country Inn & Suites are now starting to offer BOWFLEX Studio Fitness Suites and in the fitness room they have all brand new equipment. BOWFLEX & NAUTILUS EQUIPMENT what more could you want than state of the art equipment, They have water, TV, and fresh towels in the fitness room.

I will be back again and again. If your in the area on the weekend, they have super low rates on FRIDAY and SATURDAY.

I included two pictures of the exact Bowflex and Bowflex Tread Climber that I was able to use at this hotel.

• Liked — Friendly Staff, Hot Breakfast, New Fitness Bowflex Equipment, Gold Points
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Country Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles Int'l. Airport? Share your experiences!