“Bugs, bugs and more bugs!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles Int'l. Airport

Save Saved
You added Country Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles Int'l. Airport to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles Int'l. Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   45620 Falke Plaza, Sterling, VA 20166   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #8 of 15 hotels in Sterling
“Bugs, bugs and more bugs!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Stay here if you like rooming with insect friends. We found bugs galore (10 or 12 - all dead. who knows how long they were there) in our room and all we got was "I'm sorry". No attempts to rectify the situation. Would definitely NOT stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013
Mike P, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles Int'l. Airport, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear aa395,
As the General Manager of this hotel, I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from our valuable guests like you.
I am extremely sorry that you discovered bugs during your last visit. We assure you that this is not a normal occurrence by any means and as our numerous other reviews mentioning our cleanliness will indicate that this is an isolated incident. We will continue to make every effort to ensure that no other guest faces this issue. We hope that you’ll give us the opportunity to make this up to you the next time you’re passing through. Please do feel free to give me a call if you would like to discuss this matter personally.
Have A Great Day!
Tina Patel -General Manager

160 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
anaheim
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

The room was clean and quiet. The breakfast room was way too small. Not enough chairs/tables, and it made me nervous to watch some of the small kids using the waffle maker without the parent nearby. They needed more staff to help out, and we felt rushed out of the breakfast area because of the overcrowding. Aside from that, the desk staff was nice and it was conveniently close to Dulles airport.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Never stayed at a Country Inn & Suites before but with the good reviews here and elsewhere decided to give it try. Price was very reasonable......$69 for a room with king bed. Hotel & room were very clean & comfortable. Desk staff was also very helpful. Only one small issue & that was when the a/c turned on it was noisy. Filled out an on-line survey from the hotel & mentioned the issue. Got an email from the manager the next day & said they would look into the problem. Breakfast was above average with the usual cereal, fruits, etc. but also had waffles, omelets, ham & potatoes. If all Country Inns are as good as this one then they are doing things right! Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dalfsen, Overijssel, Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We thought this hotel at a very nice and calm plaza would be expensive; we couldn't have been more wrong! The place was great; very friendly staff, clean rooms, complete breakfast.

We didn't know we would end up here (we only discovered this franchise the day before- immediately got us a Carlson card by the way-) but if we would have; we would have used the shuttle service and returned our rental car a day earlier. But now we got to go to the nearby mall that was open till late.

We didn't use the room or the restaurant but I can only assume they were great as well.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

This Country Inn & Suites was extremely comfortable for a recent stay with our young kids. Having a suite meant good sleeping arrangements for everyone, and the free amenities (wifi, breakfast) made for a great value. The kids loved finding books to their liking in the bookshelf in the lobby, and of course couldn't get enough of the always-available cookies at the front desk. Most importantly, though, everyone we interacted with on the staff, from front desk to breakfast service to housekeeping, was friendly, helpful, and really sweet to our kids. A special thanks to Dora in the breakfast room for keeping the kids happy so mom and dad could enjoy breakfast in relative peace!

Room Tip: Our suite on the 2nd floor, front side of building was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Fredericksburg, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

This was my first stay at a Country Inn & Suites. I was in Ashburn on business, but the conference hotel was full and the "overflow" hotel was $20/night more than the CIS. As I have the co-branded credit card, staying here was an obvious choice. I had a car, so getting to/from my meeting location was quite easy, especially as the hotel is quite close to route 28.

I was upgraded to a suite, which was quite nice. I would say that the hotel is clean but a little tired. There was a hole in the wall where the bathroom door handle hits, and the hole had been taped over. But not a big deal as far as I am concerned.

Of more concern was the service dog in the room next door that was barking when I returned to my room at 10 pm Saturday night. I didn't complain right away, as I wasn't going to bed, and it was really only audible in the bedroom part (I hoped the owners would return soon). When they didn't return and I was starting to get ready for bed, I called the front desk. They called the room, but got no answer. They sent someone up and got no answer. They called me to see if the dog was still barking. They sent someone up again. Fortunately the guest returned before too terribly long, and I felt that the hotel had really done everything they could to try to deal with the noise.

I did not eat the breakfast, as that was part of my meeting, but it certainly looked good!

So overall, I would be quite happy to stay again.

Room Tip: I had a room on the front, but it was very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Sacramento, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

The hotel is very "homey" from the fireplace in the lobby to the staircase with a banister from the ground floor to the second floor. The breakfast was more than adequate. The rooms were good-sized. There is a Burger King in the parking lot with the hotel otherwise it's a long distance to get to other area restaurants. There is a free shuttle to/from Dulles Airport. I used it to get back to the airport and then take the bus to the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum near the airport (it's $.50 on the bus).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Country Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles Int'l. Airport? Share your experiences!