“Great place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles Int'l. Airport

You added Country Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles Int'l. Airport to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles Int'l. Airport
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Sterling
Pennsylvania
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Never stayed at a Country Inn & Suites before but with the good reviews here and elsewhere decided to give it try. Price was very reasonable......$69 for a room with king bed. Hotel & room were very clean & comfortable. Desk staff was also very helpful. Only one small issue & that was when the a/c turned on it was noisy. Filled out an on-line survey from the hotel & mentioned the issue. Got an email from the manager the next day & said they would look into the problem. Breakfast was above average with the usual cereal, fruits, etc. but also had waffles, omelets, ham & potatoes. If all Country Inns are as good as this one then they are doing things right! Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Dalfsen, Overijssel, Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We thought this hotel at a very nice and calm plaza would be expensive; we couldn't have been more wrong! The place was great; very friendly staff, clean rooms, complete breakfast.

We didn't know we would end up here (we only discovered this franchise the day before- immediately got us a Carlson card by the way-) but if we would have; we would have used the shuttle service and returned our rental car a day earlier. But now we got to go to the nearby mall that was open till late.

We didn't use the room or the restaurant but I can only assume they were great as well.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

This Country Inn & Suites was extremely comfortable for a recent stay with our young kids. Having a suite meant good sleeping arrangements for everyone, and the free amenities (wifi, breakfast) made for a great value. The kids loved finding books to their liking in the bookshelf in the lobby, and of course couldn't get enough of the always-available cookies at the front desk. Most importantly, though, everyone we interacted with on the staff, from front desk to breakfast service to housekeeping, was friendly, helpful, and really sweet to our kids. A special thanks to Dora in the breakfast room for keeping the kids happy so mom and dad could enjoy breakfast in relative peace!

Room Tip: Our suite on the 2nd floor, front side of building was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Fredericksburg, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

This was my first stay at a Country Inn & Suites. I was in Ashburn on business, but the conference hotel was full and the "overflow" hotel was $20/night more than the CIS. As I have the co-branded credit card, staying here was an obvious choice. I had a car, so getting to/from my meeting location was quite easy, especially as the hotel is quite close to route 28.

I was upgraded to a suite, which was quite nice. I would say that the hotel is clean but a little tired. There was a hole in the wall where the bathroom door handle hits, and the hole had been taped over. But not a big deal as far as I am concerned.

Of more concern was the service dog in the room next door that was barking when I returned to my room at 10 pm Saturday night. I didn't complain right away, as I wasn't going to bed, and it was really only audible in the bedroom part (I hoped the owners would return soon). When they didn't return and I was starting to get ready for bed, I called the front desk. They called the room, but got no answer. They sent someone up and got no answer. They called me to see if the dog was still barking. They sent someone up again. Fortunately the guest returned before too terribly long, and I felt that the hotel had really done everything they could to try to deal with the noise.

I did not eat the breakfast, as that was part of my meeting, but it certainly looked good!

So overall, I would be quite happy to stay again.

Room Tip: I had a room on the front, but it was very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Sacramento, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

The hotel is very "homey" from the fireplace in the lobby to the staircase with a banister from the ground floor to the second floor. The breakfast was more than adequate. The rooms were good-sized. There is a Burger King in the parking lot with the hotel otherwise it's a long distance to get to other area restaurants. There is a free shuttle to/from Dulles Airport. I used it to get back to the airport and then take the bus to the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum near the airport (it's $.50 on the bus).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
The Villages, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Stayed as part of a bus tour group. Treated very well and staff was very accomadating. Breakfast was complimentary and standard fare. Room and bath were clean and comfortable. Location was close to air and space museum at Dulles airport. Short drive to Washington attractions.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Previous reviews mentioned the cleanliness of this hotel. I had a different experience. Upon entering the room for the initial time I noticed a wadded bundle in the corner next to the desk. After picking it up with two fingers, i realized it was a multi-colored panty. I paraded across the room on the way to the trash can when my spouse said in an accusatory tone, "Where did those come from, your suitcase?" I stated that I had found them in the corner. She said, "Sure". Are the rooms being cleaned or did the room attendant just refuse to pick them up? I washed my hands in the clean bathroom while my suspicious wife peared into the waste basket trying to devine the origin of the rainbow panty.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Country Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles Int'l. Airport? Share your experiences!