“Very impressed” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles Int'l. Airport

Save Saved
You added Country Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles Int'l. Airport to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles Int'l. Airport
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Sterling
Fredericksburg, VA
“Very impressed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

This was my first stay at a Country Inn & Suites. I was in Ashburn on business, but the conference hotel was full and the "overflow" hotel was $20/night more than the CIS. As I have the co-branded credit card, staying here was an obvious choice. I had a car, so getting to/from my meeting location was quite easy, especially as the hotel is quite close to route 28.

I was upgraded to a suite, which was quite nice. I would say that the hotel is clean but a little tired. There was a hole in the wall where the bathroom door handle hits, and the hole had been taped over. But not a big deal as far as I am concerned.

Of more concern was the service dog in the room next door that was barking when I returned to my room at 10 pm Saturday night. I didn't complain right away, as I wasn't going to bed, and it was really only audible in the bedroom part (I hoped the owners would return soon). When they didn't return and I was starting to get ready for bed, I called the front desk. They called the room, but got no answer. They sent someone up and got no answer. They called me to see if the dog was still barking. They sent someone up again. Fortunately the guest returned before too terribly long, and I felt that the hotel had really done everything they could to try to deal with the noise.

I did not eat the breakfast, as that was part of my meeting, but it certainly looked good!

So overall, I would be quite happy to stay again.

Room Tip: I had a room on the front, but it was very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Sacramento, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

The hotel is very "homey" from the fireplace in the lobby to the staircase with a banister from the ground floor to the second floor. The breakfast was more than adequate. The rooms were good-sized. There is a Burger King in the parking lot with the hotel otherwise it's a long distance to get to other area restaurants. There is a free shuttle to/from Dulles Airport. I used it to get back to the airport and then take the bus to the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum near the airport (it's $.50 on the bus).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
The Villages, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Stayed as part of a bus tour group. Treated very well and staff was very accomadating. Breakfast was complimentary and standard fare. Room and bath were clean and comfortable. Location was close to air and space museum at Dulles airport. Short drive to Washington attractions.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Previous reviews mentioned the cleanliness of this hotel. I had a different experience. Upon entering the room for the initial time I noticed a wadded bundle in the corner next to the desk. After picking it up with two fingers, i realized it was a multi-colored panty. I paraded across the room on the way to the trash can when my spouse said in an accusatory tone, "Where did those come from, your suitcase?" I stated that I had found them in the corner. She said, "Sure". Are the rooms being cleaned or did the room attendant just refuse to pick them up? I washed my hands in the clean bathroom while my suspicious wife peared into the waste basket trying to devine the origin of the rainbow panty.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Raleigh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Where do I start? From Check in to Check out this Hotel and staff are excellent. I have family and
business interest in the Maryland, DC and Northern Va. areas. I try to book here every time I visit. I rather stay here than with my family, These guys know how to take care of the customer. The staff, and just to name a few of them Sat was great on check in. Always fast and polite and a wonderful person. Ruth and Muhammad were so helpful and friendly they aiways make me feel like family. The beds are very comfortable and there is no outside room noise to interfere with my resting. The ac/heating unit is does it's job quietly. I have stayed at almost all of the surrounding hotels, but Country Inn is the best. The breakfast is good and hot and well stocked. I can't wait to see these guys again. I miss them already.

Room Tip: All the rooms are clean, quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Maryland US
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I'd been travelling for 22 hours and called from IAD for the shuttle,which arrived within 15 minutes.
The check in process was very speedy and there was coffee and buscuits in the foyer.
I had a king sized bed which was very comfortable, along with two chairs. I also liked the long
counter in the bathroom. There was a decent sized refrigerator and a microwave. I didn't get chance to use the gym but went in to have a look and there were a couple of people on the machines.

The breakfast selection was ample with hot and cold dishes. There were complimentary newspapers. The staff were pleasant and helpful and and I would recommend this to my travelling friends. It was a good deal, you don't get much better at this price!

Room Tip: I was on the third floor but it wasn't any problem as there was a lift. I didn't encounter...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Reading, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I went to Sterling, VA to visit my daughter and wanted to stay close by. Country Inn was great. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel was furnished nicely and clean and updated. My room had every amenity I needed, free wi fi, a mini fridge, large flat screen tv, coffee maker, a desk with multiple charging plugs. And the free breakfast was excellent. So convenient to the highway, the airport, and shopping plazas.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Country Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles Int'l. Airport? Share your experiences!