“Pleasant overall stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles Int'l. Airport

You added Country Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles Int'l. Airport to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles Int'l. Airport
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Sterling
Richmond, Virginia
“Pleasant overall stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

I decided to give this place a try because I had a good experience at their other location.
It's a newer hotel. Rooms are clean and beds are comfortable. Breakfast is not fancy but plentiful. Entrance to the hotel is a bit awkward from Route 28; you have to pay attention or else you'd be doing lots of u-turns.

If you are booking through 3rd party, be sure you understand the difference between King Suite and King room as there were some confusion and misunderstanding with my itinerary at the hotel, but the staff corrected the problem.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Surrey, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011 via mobile

Pleasant staff, clean and cheerful. Front desk very helpful.

• Stayed August 2011
Norwich, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

I was booked here by my secretary for my meeting in Reston (VA). I flew into BWI, and that takes about 1-2h to get here, depending on traffic. I stayed for 3 nights.

Very nice people, housekeeping very conscientious and diligent. Beds too soft for my taste, sheets barely cover the mattresses, but comfy nevertheless. Air conditioning works, but it is manual, you have to turn and adjust it on/off yourself.

The continental breakfast was perfect for families. Internet worked well, no complaints. No lunch/dinner - though microwaves in the room and a gas station nearby, otherwise, you need to drive or order in. There is also a book exchange, which is very charming - read a book return it or keep it and return in at some other Country Inn.

What could be improved: The gym room is much too small for what I like to do: Jump rope. I could not exercise. Food delivery option should be listed on a sheet and handed out to incoming guests. A bottle opener should be by the fridge. The business center is a bit of an over statement, it consists of one computer and a printer in the lobby - why don't you move that to an actual room with a desk?

I would have given this 4 stars if it had not been for the dedicated and friendly and positive staff which transformed this humble Inn into something much grander, It happened before my very eyes, I was astounded how much my perception of the Inn improved. People matter.

I will come again because of the people.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Nampa, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

Nothing fancy but it allowed us to spend two days in DC, spending our budgeted monies on what we wanted to see and coming back to a hotel that was clean and quiet and out of the chaos of DC. Customer service was great, breakfast included french toast, sausage, cereal, juices, waffles, etc....

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for one night. We checked in late but the front desk staff was nice enough and helped us call a taxi for our early morning flight leaving from Dulles. Check in went smoothly. They had once computer and printer that we used to check in for our flight and print our boarding pass. Our room was clean and comfortable. THe bathroom was a little small. Our flight left too early in the morning for us to be able to take advantage of the free continental breakfast and free airport shuttle. The one young man at the front desk did call a taxi to come get us. The airport is 1.5 miles away- about a 5 min drive and it costs us 15 for 2 people. The hotel made arragements to also pick us up from the airport when our flight arrived the following week since we left our car parked in the hotel parking lot. Well, the hotel never came to get us. When I called the hotel the mand said that there was no record of the hotel scheduled to pick us up and since HE WAS THE ONLY STAFF MEMBER AT THE HOTEL HE COULD NOT COME TO GET US. WE ended up having to take a taxi again- thus defeating the point of us trying to save money by utilizing the free shuttle. THEY NEED TO GET BETTER SERVICE AT THE HOTEL AND THEY NEED MORE STAFFING WITH BETTER MANAGEMENT. Overall- the hotel was clean and cheap- $53 per night

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Canberra Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Selected this because of the hotel had a shuttle service from Dulles as this was a layover on the way from Sydney to Portland, Maine. This turned out to be a gem of a hotel, super friendly staff without being over the top, shuttle pick up worked, room was great, I liked the decor, the room was great, breakfast was great and good value for money. Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
cx_ster, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles Int'l. Airport, responded to this review, November 5, 2011
Dear DRMB,

We appreciate your nice comments about our Hotel and staff, we are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay. My staff truly makes this place a gem, they are the best!

Thank you for being our guest!
Winchester, Virginia, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2011

This charming hotel made for an excellent stay! The one-bedroom suite that I had was so spacious and impeccably clean! The bow-tie shaped towel in my bathroom was such a delightful surprise! The rooms are incredibly sound-proof, unusual in most hotels, but I didn't hear doors slamming or other rooms' TVs blaring, which combined with the comfy bed I had made for a very good night's sleep! The staff does a very good job of trying to make you feel like you are at home. The cookies and coffee were an excellent way to end my evening and the free hot, breakfast had a lot of choices. It was a great, quality hotel and I would definitely stay again if I ever go back to the area!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
cx_ster, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles Int'l. Airport, responded to this review, September 6, 2011
Dear Daisies421,

Thank you for nice comments, we really happy to see that you enjoyed our amenities and customer service.

We strive to do best, and when we read comments like yours it makes us feel that our mission was accomplished.

Thank you for being our guest!

Been to Country Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles Int'l. Airport? Share your experiences!